Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tested Bundle - Faulty Ram

Thanks

Tested Bundle - Faulty Ram

I ordered a 3xs bundle on the 18th and finally got it yesterday but noticed CRC errors on stuff like installing windows and extracting rar files..

Ordered a 4ghz overclocked i7 with a GA-X58A UD3R and 6GB ram

I then discovered there is a faulty ram module using memtest and its fine without it now (4gb left)..

Now support are telling me I have to take out all modules and send them all back which will leave me without a PC for several weeks.. is there nothing you guys can do about this as it was meant to be a tested system but obviously wasnt.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Tested Bundle - Faulty Ram

Holy crap, pre-tested and still doesnt work?

I'll wait and see how you get on before i risk orderring from them.
    I was hoping for a better alternative to overclockers :/

Thanks

Oh wow.

so you waited 10 days to get the system. which I can understand for building and testing.

and within 24 hours you managed to test and find faults they could't?

and now.. there unwilling to allow you to change just 1 module but instead want you to go even longer without a system whilst they fix their own problems when in fact if they had "tested" it like they say the prob would have been found out and fixed.

I've used scan a few times for components and never had any issues with them. but I will certainly think twice about ordering a complete system from now one. esp one that they boast 3XS.
    "Our Philosophy - 3XS Specification, Service, Satisfaction" from there emails and website.

seems like they failed on all 3 in your case :/

Thanks

Please do not create multiple accounts and reply to yourself.

Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    • Jasp's system
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570k @ 3.4GHZ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 512Gb Crucial MX100 1 x 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 670 SC
      • PSU:
      • 850W Corsair HX
      • Case:
      • Coolmaster Haf X V2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64-Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2412M 1920X1200
      • Internet:
      • 6Mb ADSL

Hmmmzz, 3 posts all from new people all slamming scan, seems a little odd myself. I personally wouldn't sign up to a forum just to post whats above..

The ops post may be valid in which case you either need to contact scan over the phone on monday or post a message via their online returns system which can be found on the website under support.

Thanks

uh i didnt sign up multiple times which you could see if you checked the server logs.. I linked the forum from my facebook too and people singed up and replied eh.. I can share my bad experiance with friends surley
    Last edited by scottyleics; 30-01-2011 at 01:00 AM.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    Please do not create multiple accounts and reply to yourself.

Regards
    Pretty poor, I signed up cos he was recommending you to me then this happened. if you're gonna accuse someone of being a tw@ as least be sure of it first.
    Last edited by smilertoo; 30-01-2011 at 01:18 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smilertoo View Post
    Pretty poor, I signed up cos he was recommending you to me then this happened. if you're gonna accuse someone of being a tw@ as least be sure of it first.
    I never called anyone a "tw@", so please don't imply such.

A number of users, signing up with the same IP, with a very close IP range, for the same purpose, usually means that it's the same person. If this is not the case, please accept my apologies - but I just wanted to make it clear that this is not something we allow.

Thanks

Dont feed the troll !

Thanks

I'm actually quite offended by this. if you check the email I signed up with you will find that I have placed several orders with scan and I am no where near the other users.

just because an isp uses the same subnet range dont mean there all the same person.

I've been friends with the guy who made the purchase for many years, friends on facebook and other social networking places and have been moderators in some chat rooms with him too.

I didnt slate scan. I actually said I have never had any problems with scan, but one thing is clear. after trying and failing to get a good resolve with customer services, and then putting his views on a fourm (which is what I thought was the whole point of a forum), and when friends give support and get flamed for it. I will never be placing an order with your company again.

customer care and services should be number 1 priority whether it be on the phone / on a forum or even in person, not a second thought.

This is a terrible way to treat any customer or possible customers. and because of the actions of a few users, I think I will take my future orders to Dabs, Ebuyer or Aria

Thanks
    • Merson's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X79-GD85 (8D)
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3930K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Dominator1600Mhz (8-8-8-24)
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Corsair Force GT , 2TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 670 Superclocked Signature 2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX850
      • Case:
      • Coarsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell UT2412M
      • Internet:
      • UPC 150meg Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by Fuas View Post
    when friends give support and get flamed for it. I will never be placing an order with your company again.

You do realize that Agent is in no way linked to Scan and is just the admin for the Hexus forums in general? Why don't you wait for someone from Scan to reply before you jump to stupid conclusions.

Thanks

I'm actually quite offended by this. if you check the email I signed up with you will find that I have placed several orders with scan and I am no where near the other users.

just because an isp uses the same subnet range dont mean there all the same person.

I've been friends with the guy who made the purchase for many years, friends on facebook and other social networking places and have been moderators in some chat rooms with him too.

I didnt slate scan. I actually said I have never had any problems with scan, but one thing is clear. after trying and failing to get a good resolve with customer services, and then putting his views on a fourm (which is what I thought was the whole point of a forum), and when friends give support and get flamed for it. I will never be placing an order with your company again.

customer care and services should be number 1 priority whether it be on the phone / on a forum or even in person, not a second thought.

This is a terrible way to treat any customer or possible customers. and because of the actions of a few users, I think I will take my future orders to Dabs, Ebuyer or Aria
    I have nothing to do with Scan and certainly don't work for them. Calm down

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

Oh wow.

so you waited 10 days to get the system. which I can understand for building and testing.

and within 24 hours you managed to test and find faults they could't?

and now.. there unwilling to allow you to change just 1 module but instead want you to go even longer without a system whilst they fix their own problems when in fact if they had "tested" it like they say the prob would have been found out and fixed.

I've used scan a few times for components and never had any issues with them. but I will certainly think twice about ordering a complete system from now one. esp one that they boast 3XS.
    "Our Philosophy - 3XS Specification, Service, Satisfaction" from there emails and website.

seems like they failed on all 3 in your case :/
    If you think before you type, the PC's are shipped via courier, it IS possible that they could become damaged during transit or problems could occur AFTER testing has been completed.

I am NOT calling the OP a liar, but how do we know the user hasn't added something or changed something which is causing the problems?

In regards to the RAM, if for example it was 6Gb in a pack of 3 x 2Gb sticks they can't just accept one module back as it would mean they have to break into a pack back at the warehouse which means they will then have a 4Gb pack of what should be 6Gb making it pretty unsellable.

Sorry but what are the chances of three "friends" living close enough to each other to have IP's on the same subnet?
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

Thanks

I'm sorry. I was just very angry after reading the above trying to bring my name in disrepute.

as there is a scan icon at the top of this page. all the links at the top point to scan, and its a scan based forum. easy to see why somebody would think an administrator of here would be linked to scan in some fashion.

I can also understand the view that making multi accounts and responding to yourself is against forum rules. but here its clearly not the case. as you have access to the ips of the forum posters. you should have realised that it was different people.

as for the suspisious activity of opening a new account. as I posted on my first post. I have never had any problems with scan in the past. so was not any need to sign up. but after hearing the way they treated a friend, I thought the need to express my opinions.

but my views remain the same. after getting slated on a forum that is very closely related to scan, my views of scan and ordering from them have been harmed by all this, and because of this I will refuse to order in the future. and recommend friends and family to go elsewhere.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbedguy View Post
    If you think before you type, the PC's are shipped via courier, it IS possible that they could become damaged during transit or problems could occur AFTER testing has been completed.

I am NOT calling the OP a liar, but how do we know the user hasn't added something or changed something which is causing the problems?

In regards to the RAM, if for example it was 6Gb in a pack of 3 x 2Gb sticks they can't just accept one module back as it would mean they have to break into a pack back at the warehouse which means they will then have a 4Gb pack of what should be 6Gb making it pretty unsellable.

Sorry but what are the chances of three "friends" living close enough to each other to have IP's on the same subnet?
    ok. on the first note... if the ram was damaged in transit then its purly down to the scan to make sure its packed correctly, also legally.. if a fault occures within 7 days of delivery, the legally the item is to be assumed as sent out faulty.

on the second point. you are right. its not known if the end user did mess with the system or not. but its not the point in a returns case. he can prove using free tools (memtest 86) that the ram is at fault.

3rd point. he purchased a full system from scan and not a pack of ram. so by your argument he needs to return the whole computer. which would be costly, compared to sending 1 ram module out.

and last note. the subnet I'm on for ntl covers these ips. 86.1.0.0 - 86.1.31.255 which is MORE then acceptable to have well more then 3 "friends" as you put it using the same subnet.

so please follow your own advise. and "think before you type".

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

ok. on the first note... if the ram was damaged in transit then its purly down to the scan to make sure its packed correctly, also legally.. if a fault occures within 7 days of delivery, the legally the item is to be assumed as sent out faulty.

on the second point. you are right. its not known if the end user did mess with the system or not. but its not the point in a returns case. he can prove using free tools (memtest 86) that the ram is at fault.

3rd point. he purchased a full system from scan and not a pack of ram. so by your argument he needs to return the whole computer. which would be costly, compared to sending 1 ram module out.

and last note. the subnet I'm on for ntl covers these ips. 86.1.0.0 - 86.1.31.255 which is MORE then acceptable to have well more then 3 "friends" as you put it using the same subnet.

so please follow your own advise. and "think before you type".
    Point 1 - Incorrect, it could be damaged by the courier not handling the package correctly. I once had a system come from SCAN that was more than packaged fine and wouldn't have been damaged if transported correctly by a courier, instead they decided to kick it around.

Point 2 - All memtest proves is the RAM is faulty, not how it came to be faulty.

Point 3 - But the RAM wouldn't come in individual 2Gb sticks for a build like this, it would more likely be a pack, if it's just the one COMPONENT that is faulty then they wont need the entire system, just the component and as the RAM comes in one package then unfortunately it would have to be the entire set of RAM that is returned.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

Thread Information