Thread: So far NOT so good

Thanks

So far NOT so good

Short version of a long story:

• Order placed for >£2k system
    • I have to chase virtually every step of the build process due to lack of progress feedback
    • Due for dispatch Friday 15/11
    • Call at 15:00 to confirm dispatch only to be told "No, not ready, will be dispatched on 18/11".
    • Ask if I hadn't have called would I have been informed of delay? Answer "No"!
    • Ask to be kept informed of any further delays
    • Call again on 18/11 to confirm dispatch only to be told "No, not ready, will be dispatched on 19/11".
    • Again, if I hadn't have called I would not have been informed of this further delay.
    • In fairness, after tossing toys out of pram and explaining how unacceptable this was strings were pulled and my system was indeed dispatched on 19/11.
    • System arrived today at about 14:00 - YAY!!!!
    • DoA - BOO!!!
    • Get in contact with tech support (had to go via customer services because tech support were not picking up for about an hour!!!)
    • Go through some perfunctory troubleshooting - no joy
    • Get offered choice of either return or get engineer on site.
    • Opt for engineer on condition that this will take place this week (note that I've had to take 2 days off work already to get to this point!)
    • Informed that spares (dependant upon stock availability) will be sent to me and then engineer scheduled
    • Now 19:30 on 19/11 and no word of when (if?) spares will be shipped so yet another snotty call to Scan tomorrow in the offing.

Bottom line:

Scan, get your act together. You have a pi$$ed of customer who, if this situation is not sorted out to my satisfaction by 22/11 (by that I mean a fully working system), will be pulling the plug on this order and demanding a refund and taking my £2k elsewhere.

Thanks

Re: So far NOT so good

I ordered a 1.9k system on 29th October was told middle of last week it should be shipped on Monday to arrive on Tuesday. Process so far is on stage 7 this was in email to me on 16/11. Rang up today and was told they chase it up for an update. A little disappointed that it didn't come today and looks like tomorrow is out of the question too.

Hope you get your system working soon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shrek101 View Post
    I ordered a 1.9k system on 29th October was told middle of last week it should be shipped on Monday to arrive on Tuesday. Process so far is on stage 7 this was in email to me on 16/11. Rang up today and was told they chase it up for an update. A little disappointed that it didn't come today and looks like tomorrow is out of the question too.

Hope you get your system working soon
    To be honest I fully accept that, sometimes, things don't go as planned (I'm an IT project manager in the real world - oh, I know how far things can go off plan!) but the key is how these events are handled. And, so far, Scan has done a bloody awful job in this respect and my patience is now just about exhausted.

My only advise to you is to keep on at them over the phone even if it's calling them on numerous occasions during the day; it's the only route to get anything done - don't rely on the automated tracking emails. £1.9k is a shed load of anyone's money and Scan (or anyone else for that matter) should be tripping over themselves to make sure that you want to spend your money with them. They seem to have lost sight of this.

Thanks

I agree was disappointed it didn't come today but wasn't a surprise either, it would be nice of mine came tomorrow though but that's unlikely either give no one has told me why its delayed or when its likely to be shipped.

One thing like any business you cant afford to take customers for granted. I have shopped at Scan for 7-8 years now and its main supplier although occasionally use Amazon for odd bits of low value

Thanks

majohnso

Please can you post your Invoice Number so we can look into this for you.

Best Regards

Thanks
    • Ben @ Scan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Evga X58 Sli LE
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 920@4.5Gig
      • Memory:
      • 6 Gig Corsair DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Intel 80 Gig SSD & 2 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 580
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1000 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silver Temjin 07 (Silverstone)
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Iiyama
      • Internet:
      • 50mb Virgin Media

Hi majohnso

I have just spoken to you on the phone
    The email notification unfortunately didnt get to you and the onsite parts are due to be delivered today and the engineer has arranged the onsite with you for the following day

I have just emailed you the tracking reference

We apologise for the issue with the system being DOA and this is a rare issue with our systems and we are doing everything we can to resolve this issue as soon as possible for you

Please drop us an email at systemsupport@scan.co.uk once the engineer has been

Regards

Ben

Thanks

Email sent to address above to find out where my system will be shipped. Thanks

Thanks

I am still waiting update from yesterday but no one has got back to me. A bit disappointed with service now and lack of update. Scan you do yourself a disservice with slow build times and lack of replies.

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media

Quote Originally Posted by shrek101 View Post
    I am still waiting update from yesterday but no one has got back to me. A bit disappointed with service now and lack of update. Scan you do yourself a disservice with slow build times and lack of replies.
    Can I suggest you start your own thread? Its quite possible that your comments in here haven't been noticed as the staff would likely be focussed (rightly) on OP's issues.

Thanks

Just got a email to say "I can confirm that your system is shipping tonight for delivery tomorrow." Thank you scan

EDIT email this morning to tell me "there was an issue preventing your system from being dispatched last night, I have resolved these issues this morning and I can guarantee that your system is now being dispatched now for delivery tomorrow. ( Fri 22/11/2013)"
    Last edited by shrek101; 21-11-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Thanks

Just a follow up from me:

After the engineer who visited me swapped out the motherboard all is now good in my life!

Been using the system for about a week now and all I can say is that it rocks! It's ridiculously fast! Playing all my games with everything cranked up to "ultra" and it hardly breaks into a sweat.

So after some inital road bumps getting it delivered and then fixed, big-ups to Ben and his folks for ensuing that, at the end of the day, Scan have a happy customer.

Thread Information