Thread: Refund policy for custom builds with recurring problems

Thanks

Unhappy Refund policy for custom builds with recurring problems

Hi,

I was wondering what the policy is on a refund for a custom laptop? I have been told that normally it isn't possible, but given the situation and how long it has been going on I am hoping for a change to that policy.

I recently purchased a Scan 3XS Graphite LG135 Gaming Laptop and RMA'd it as it is unable to be shut down after having a device plugged into the USB. 2 weeks later I received the laptop back after numerous emails assuring me it was fixed, and a replacement SSD drive was given as the cause. This didn't fix the issue so it went back again, 2 weeks later and I have received it back with a new laptop chassis and it is still having the same issue. The bios drivers have since been updated during the first return, and the MB/Chassis was swapped with the second. Given that it sounds like it is probably a bios driver incompatibility with some of the hardware is it possible to arrange a refund? I don't really see how this problem could be fixed.

I really feel frustrated here, and it does seem like I am going around in circles with tech support. I even sent a video of how to duplicate the issue, it would have been so easy to check before sending it back if the issue was still happening, I just don't understand! They are now suggesting they bring it in for another chassis replacement, if this didn't work the first time why would it work a second time? Has anyone had any experience with returns/refunds in this situation?

And just on the off chance, has anyone had similar issues with the LG135(on windows 7)? It is based on the Clevo w230st but I have not managed to find anyone with similar issues online, it seems most people run windows 8 on it, the clevo website does not even have windows 7 drivers available for it.

Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Refund policy for custom builds with recurring problems

Finally identified the issue was a driver one.

Shame it took so long to find and fix.

Thanks for spending the time do find it, still quite amazed it took 3 months/2 returns to fix!

Thread Information