Thread: Constant BSOD with 3XS System

Thanks

Constant BSOD with 3XS System

Greetings.

Some quick notes. I have had the system for roughly 1.5 years. Blue screens started within a couple of months and my partner [who made the purchase] did contact Scan about these. As the crashes only happened a couple of times a month and the memtest we were advised to run came back clean, we decided to just carry on. Unfortunately these past 2 months the blue screens have ramped up to a point where the system is unusable for the most part with blue screens happening within the hour during gaming. Bluescreens have also consistently happened during video playback and idle time.

I have an ongoing thread on the windowsseven forums where they have been trying to help get to the bottom of the crashes. This can be found here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help...skrnl-exe.html

The thread contains most of the minidump files that have been created and also shows the diagnostic procedures I have currently followed.

I would like to inquire about the systems current warranty and the stance Scan takes with regards to blue screening systems. I would also like to reinstall the windows OS to completely rule out any software/driver reasons for the bsods before I fully diagnose/test the memory, gfx card etc. Am I allowed to do this without voiding any warranty that might still be present?

Thanks in advance for any help. If contact by phone is a more preferred means on communicating over this matter, please let me know and I will be happy to call.

Thanks
    • Ben @ Scan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Evga X58 Sli LE
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 920@4.5Gig
      • Memory:
      • 6 Gig Corsair DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Intel 80 Gig SSD & 2 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 580
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1000 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silver Temjin 07 (Silverstone)
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Iiyama
      • Internet:
      • 50mb Virgin Media

Re: Constant BSOD with 3XS System

Hi kenelee

Please can you email us the invoice/Build number to systemsupport@scan.co.uk and we will look into this for you

Regards

Ben

Thanks

Howdy Ben.

Thanks for the reply. Have now done as requested.

Thanks
    • Ben @ Scan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Evga X58 Sli LE
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 920@4.5Gig
      • Memory:
      • 6 Gig Corsair DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Intel 80 Gig SSD & 2 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 580
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1000 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silver Temjin 07 (Silverstone)
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Iiyama
      • Internet:
      • 50mb Virgin Media

Hi kenelee

Can you confirm if you are getting these issues with or without the Overclcock as that could be why the Prime 95 produced such an error

You can try running on the Non Overclocked Profile to see if its the Overclock causing the issue
    If you find the system is stable we can give you some more tweaks to see if it helps with the overclock and I would advise you try this before doing a reinstall

estart the system and Tap Del to enter the bios

Goto Tools
    Asus OC Profile

Load from Profile (Press Enter) select 2 (For Overclock)
    or Load from Profile 1 for Standard Non Overclocked Settings
    Press Esc then F10 and Save the settings and exit

If you have any external drives, USB flash drives etc please unplug these prior to allowing the system to reboot as these can alter the boot sequence so if in doubt only have plugged in what was first setup here at Scan.

If the system is also producing the same error with the Standard profile and Prime 95 then its a suspected failing CPU in which case we can collect the system as you are in the second year and replace this under warranty and you would only need to pay carriage and packaging if you havent saved it

Let us know how you get on and you can liaise with us through systemsupport@scan.co.uk as that will come to all the support team

Regards

Ben

Thanks

Greetings. Hope all is well.

Just a quick update. http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help...rnl-exe-3.html

Since I disabled the OC, the system managed to get through the Prime95 tests and has gone the last 3 weeks or so without crashing. [down from several per day]

I am unsure about the next steps we take but what I would like, if possible, is instructions for reinstalling windows and tweaks to the OC settings. My aim is to have the rig 'factory reset' with a clean install and fresh OC settings to make sure it is stable before the warranty lapses.

Regarding the warranty. Does the warranty start from the day of the purchase or the day the system was delivered. As there is quite the gap between these 2 dates.

Thanks.

Thread Information