Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Graphite LG1715

Registered+
    Drumsite, Christmas Island, Christmas Island
    Thanks

Re: Graphite LG1715

Ok james i sent you a PM
    Last edited by Kalzakov; 18-10-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

just had to call, to find out whats happening.
    And basically the CPU is out of stock and could be in tomorrow now. had me worried with the first est. delivery saying two weeks.
    so it maybe on friday now!
    Last edited by Kalzakov; 21-10-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

its been Delivered cant wait to finish work now, i could do a unboxing video if anyone is interested.

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

I would like to see an unbxoing video / pics
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

Registered+
    Thanks

Ok im in the process of making a video.

Few small issues/questions

My Freecom xs3.0 3tb external will not work with the laptop it maybe a windows 8 issue, it work with every other pc in my house.
    And it says i have Creative Sound Blaster X-fi mb3, however i dont have the software/drivers. Ive gone online and apparently it have to pay $30 for the software?
    and when i run my finger over the fingerprint senseor, it brings up the first time installation and then says the the sensor not found? when it clearly worked to bring up the installation.

Other than these issue this thing is amazing. so well made and sturdy there is no key flex at all, im going to have a big gaming session with it today to put it through the boot camp!

Cheers scan, you beautiful people.

Thanks

I also have a LG1715 and LOVE it! met all my expectations and has never dropped in performance while gaming. The only issue I have is similar to Kalzakov in that I cannot install the drivers for a few things (finger sensor, Keyboard hot keys) Also I have an issue in that if my laptop goes in to sleep mode, when I wake it the wifi is disconnected and I cannot reconnect it without restarting the laptop Is there some where someone could point me to the drivers for my system and/or a fix for the wifi problem? I have tried the disk that comes with the laptop and it says that it does not support the OS im running (Windows 7 Pro 64bit).

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks

Mace have you tried changing the power plans go to your power plan or create a new one and click advanced this will open sub settings in there you you can search for the wireless adapter on power set to max performance and also set pc to never sleep.

the laptop will run silently if nothing is running so wont draw as much power lapps are always crap for this

you could also chose what closing the lid does i have mine set to nothing, if i will be home with in a few hours etc or just going out i just lock it and go

it isnt just scan laptops i have a tosh , lenovo and a samsung gamer and same thing happens on all of them and they have different adapters

hope this tips help
    Last edited by R3G1m3nT4L; 28-10-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks

The drivers for those components should have been installed on your laptops.

If you can't get them to work we could arrange for them to be collected and fixed at Scan.

Alternatively, you could download them from our factory website:

Mace67, for your LG1715 please look for the P370SM.

Registered+
    Thanks

my hd camera was really bad for making a unboxing video unfortunately.
    However i managed to get the Xfi 3 software and it rocks in bf4 also, still no working fingerprint scanner which is a shame.

other than that it plays everything with no problems and ive been using shadowplay to record! awesome

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James @ Scan View Post
    The drivers for those components should have been installed on your laptops.

If you can't get them to work we could arrange for them to be collected and fixed at Scan.

Alternatively, you could download them from our []:

Mace67, for your LG1715 please look for the P370SM.
    Thanks for the information, unfortunately the drivers on the site are only for Windows 8 64bit, im using Windows 7 64bit as stated in my post, is there anywhere with alternate drivers for windows 7? The main driver I want is for the keyboard light controls on the number pad, as when im watching a film I want to be able to turn the key illumination off.

Many thanks again.

PS; I turned off the laptop going to sleep to stop the wifi disconnect problem, although I would prefer to be able to reconnect it after the laptop comes out of sleep/hibernation mode :/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mace67 View Post
    Thanks for the information, unfortunately the drivers on the site are only for Windows 8 64bit, im using Windows 7 64bit as stated in my post, is there anywhere with alternate drivers for windows 7? The main driver I want is for the keyboard light controls on the number pad, as when im watching a film I want to be able to turn the key illumination off.
    Please try this driver.

Thanks

I am hovering over the click to buy button on this. I've added one single 1TB hybrid drive, not really sure if I should consider adding a second. I am considering a NAS drive.

I've increased the RAM from 8 to 16gb and wondering if I really do need to do that? I'm likely to use it for stuff like WOW or other similar games rather than single player. I'm going for the 1TB Seagate hybrid as I'm probably going to hold off on the NAS drive for a little while.

Trying to shave a few pennies off - do I need to go for DVD/BluRay software? If I don't can I not write to DVD's unless I get something?

My decision now is do I pay for it in one lump sum or go for finance

Thanks

Hi Lairela

If it's a case of saving pennies then you can safely go with 8GB of RAM. Most games, especially ones like WOW won't run any faster than 16GB.

Secondly, you don't strictly need DVD burning software. There are several free alternatives, such as CD Burner XP which do a perfectly good job. You will need specific software to watch BluRay movies though.

Thanks

Thank you James! I am not upgrading to BluRay - I don't really see it as something I will use. I'm from that old 90's school of "the more ram the better" - I will be beta testing Camelot Unchained from August 2014 (unless it turns into vapourware).

I think it's more a case of my last laptop (Dell XPS1710 - affectionately known as the lapburner) was bought by work and I got to keep it when they made me redundant. It impressively BSOD'd last week (on Windows 7) so this will be the first time in over 6 years I've had to pay myself for a gaming machine.

It does look like a beautiful machine I have to say!

Thanks

[QUOTE=James @ Scan;3103505]Please try this []

Worked perfect! thanks for all the help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mace67
    Worked perfect! thanks for all the help
    Excellent, glad your laptop is all good for you now.

Thread Information