Thread: Overclocked Bundle Overheating

Registered+
    Thanks

Overclocked Bundle Overheating

Hi guys,

I purchased an overclocked bundle last November that consisted of an in 4670k at 4.2 and a Corsair h100i to cool it.

I noticed it ran hot from day one but knew that Haswell was not the coolest to run so ignored it.

Gradually over the weeks it become hotter, I spoke to 3xs and they advised me that it was fine and now after several months it has got to the point where I've had it running on stock for the last 6 weeks as it's just too hot.

Today, I decided to load the OC profile from bios to see if there was any difference. I started playing battlefield 4 but couldn't even get past loading before it hit over 90 degrees and the whole pc blue screens.

I had the h100i running on max rpm as well as all my case fans set to max. My case is corsair 550d and I have the sound dampening panels removed to increase airflow. I also regularly clean it out to prevent dust build up.

The bundle itself actually failed during testing whilst still with 3xs which now leads me to belive there is an underlying issue.

If anyone could offer some advice I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    • walibe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8P67B Pro
      • CPU:
      • iMac 2017
      • Memory:
      • 16 Gig Corsair Vegence
      • Storage:
      • 10 T.B Total
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvida GTX 755M
      • Operating System:
      • Mavericks / Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27"
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre

Re: Overclocked Bundle Overheating

Have you spoken to scan again?

Registered+
    Thanks

No, not yet. They were closed when I called so I will give them a call tomorrow. Not sure what they're procedure would be in this case though.

3XS Overclocked Bundles Aaron@Scan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    Hi guys,

I purchased an overclocked bundle last November that consisted of an in 4670k at 4.2 and a Corsair h100i to cool it.

I noticed it ran hot from day one but knew that Haswell was not the coolest to run so ignored it.

Gradually over the weeks it become hotter, I spoke to 3xs and they advised me that it was fine and now after several months it has got to the point where I've had it running on stock for the last 6 weeks as it's just too hot.

Today, I decided to load the OC profile from bios to see if there was any difference. I started playing battlefield 4 but couldn't even get past loading before it hit over 90 degrees and the whole pc blue screens.

I had the h100i running on max rpm as well as all my case fans set to max. My case is corsair 550d and I have the sound dampening panels removed to increase airflow. I also regularly clean it out to prevent dust build up.

The bundle itself actually failed during testing whilst still with 3xs which now leads me to belive there is an underlying issue.

If anyone could offer some advice I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi,

To confirm you are using the retail version of the Corsair H100i (i.e. SATA powered)?
    Is there any grinding noise from the pump? Is the radiator dust free?

Please check these and if you are comfortable re-pasting the CPU, this may also be worthwhile.

Thanks,

Registered+
    Thanks

Hi Anfield,

With all that cooling, it’s strange that your Corsair H100i would get that hot. Since you’ve had this overheating issue from day one, I wouldn’t think dust is the problem.

It could be the thermal paste on the H100i isn’t making enough contact with your CPU. Have you tried cleaning off the old thermal paste using IPA and reapplying a decent thermal paste on it?

Thread Information