Hi all,

Last week I purchased some parts off scan to build a new PC, and after putting it all together I am having a few issues.

The parts I ordered were: (in slight gyberish as it was copied off the invoice)

CMASTER HAF 912 MID TOWER CASE 44.15
Radius - Intel Core i5 2500K -
3XS OVERCLOCKED BUNDLE
Intel Core i5 2500K unlocked s
AKASA AK-CCX-4002HP Venom Mult
Asus P8P67 Pro R3 P67 MoBo
8GB 2x4G CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 XMP
Powercool 750w 80+ Psu Black
LG GH22NS50 22X SATA BLK OEM
MS Win 7 Home Prem 64bit OEM
640GB WD SATA2 SE16 WD6400AAKS
40GB CSSD-F40GBP2 FORCE SSD

All of this was paired with my old 9600GSO 768mb GPU

Now, When I first built the PC and first turned the system on, I recieved an Overclocking failed error. After a google search it seams this may just be because the power was out for a while after being burnt in by scan (that was my assumption so please say if I was wrong).

My next issue arose when trying to boot windows, the optical drive I had been sent showed up in the BIOS but nothing I tried would make it pick up the disk, just kept getting the error boot media not found or insert disk in to boot media and try again.. or something along those lines, After much head scratching thinking I had made an error during the build I tried the drive from my old PC and it read the disk first time.

After getting windows installed I entered the BIOS to find all the overclocking values as provided in the email were no longer being used and nothing I could do would allow me to retreave them (Nothing that I found anyway.. Any tips?) So I had to input the values from the email, Using CPU-Z I have had readings at 4337MHZ under load. Were these all the values I needed to add? Nothing more complex?.

Now when I first built the PC and since first turning it on it has done a weird double boot type thing, It Turns on for maybe 4 seconds then turns off for 4seconds again and turns back on, after turning back on I see the ASUS screen once, it beeps, goes back to the Initial screen with "no hard drives found" and then back through the ASUS screen and boots up normally. It has also done something a few times where it shuts off if left idle for a while, and when turned back on it makes a low gurgleing beep beep beep sound and displays no output on screen before turning off.

Whilst on I have not experienced any issues with the PC, TBH it runs beautifully compared to my old machine and I am more than happy with it as long as it's on but the double boot thing scares me into thinking something somewhere is wrong, Tried with each RAM stick removed and it has the same symptoms as with both in.

I don't expect anybody to be able to diagnose this but if anybody has any pointers it would be fantastic, it's worrying me as im looking to upgrade to a 6970 next week and if I have an issue already I don't wan't to risk putting a new GPU in jepardy....

Cheers Guys,

Steve Nelson