Thread: Scan RMA process

Thanks

Question Scan RMA process

Hello, first time posting here so forgive me if this post is in the wrong place.

I've used Scan for years for components etc for PC builds; anyway the motherboard, CPU, Ram combination I've just purchased is giving me problems (not detecting RAM properly), I've done all the bare bones tests with scan tech support, swapping out RAM modules re-seating the CPU etc and I am now RMA'ing the board, CPU & RAM, for testing and hopefully replacement of the board (first time I've had to RMA anything to Scan):

IntelCore i7 4790K s1150
    AsusZ97-DELUXE (NFC WLC) MoBo
    16GB4x4GB CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9

My question is in your experience what sort of turn around time is normal from when Scan receive the components for testing?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Mark@SCAN; 09-10-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Re: Scan RMA process

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you have had problems with the components supplied.

Once booked in after delivery by our returns department our current turnaround is on average 3 - 5 working days.

You can track the progress via the following link using both your RMA number and invoice number: https://secure.scan.co.uk/aspnet/sup...invoicenumber=

Regards

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response, much appreciated.

Thanks

Since I started this thread with a question I thought I'd close it with my experience with the RMA process.

The pickup by DPD was a bit confusing as they appeared twice to pick up my package (they actually picked up my package the first time), but I think this has more to do with the courier DPD contract out to in the Highlands rather than DPD itself. The tracking of the package doesn't start working until it hits the DPD depot itself, so if your package is picked up by a third party this means if your package is picked up on a Friday, as mine was, it doesn't actually appear on the tracking page until after Monday night (as your package sits in a local depot all weekend). Anyway lets put this down to distance buying in the Highlands, but its something that national couriers could address and customers (the business using the courier) should bring pressure on them to resolve.

The RMA process itself was excellent:
    Package arrived at Scan on Tuesday

Tested on Wednesday (no fault found on processor and memory)

I emailed Scan on Thursday to ask what was going on with the motherboard and got a quick reply from Gareth informing me the RMA on the board had been rejected due to damage of the socket pins but as I had taken out scansure it would be replaced and all would be shipped that day. Still gutted that I damaged the board but glad I took out scansure and delighted the replacement was issued with no quibble.

Miraculously for the Highlands the courier appeared with the package next day .

So all in all an excellent experience with Scan themselves, the courier service could be better maybe this is something Scan could bring up with them.

Oh yeah, I managed to install the processor this time without damaging anything, what an idiot. First time I've manged to bend socket pins in 20 years of building these things, grrr.

Thanks.

5. Received thanks from:

Mick@SCAN (23-09-2014)

Thread Information