Thread: Want a Red Harbinger Desk don't order from Scan!

Thanks

Angry Want a Red Harbinger Desk don't order from Scan!

Hi All and Scan

Im sorry i don't usually post a rant and haven't been on to these forums for a while but feel that i need to share my anger and hope that someone competent at scan will refer this to a manger and take note.

Heres my story.

Last week i noticed that Scan were stocking the Red Harbinger desk and could believe my eyes that they had stock of the desk.

So i placed my order on Friday afternoon for delivery to me on Saturday by DPD and paid the extra to have it delivered.

I then get an email apologising to me that DPD would not pick up the item and that they would need to send it via a courier Called XDP.

They told me that it would be picked up monday and delivered tuesday and confirmed that it would defiantly be Tuesday that would deliver it.

So went into work and spoke to my son and both of us took Tuesday off to make sure the two of us were there for delivery of the desk.

Monday came and tracking number as went to me and confirmed Tuesday delivery and there was me looking all happy after getting the tracking number.

Tuesday morning came so loaded up the pc to check the tracking on the desk but can't track it as dosen't recognise the reference number.

Contact scan on live talk which i will say thought all of this have not been very helpful and keep calling me Sir sorry a pet peeve.

I then get an email apologising again to me and that it will be delivered in the afternoon.

As you can guess 4.30pm comes around and still no sign of the desk no calls nothing. I contact scan on the live talk to be told that they cannot get though to XPD and that it won't be delivered to me.

Understandably i was not happy and wanted to speak to a manager, who was surprise surprise not available and in a meeting.

I was then told that they would try and deliver it tomorrow or Thursday which i explained was no good and i would need a Saturday delivery as I'm only off over the weekend and that I've already wasted a day holiday which i didn't get paid for and my son as well.

Today comes around and i get no email again and no call from a manager, i call up to be told that they are chasing XDP but unable to get though to them and that they will call me back. Asked me for my mobile number which i gave them.

Then i find out that they call my home number to tell me to contact XDP to arrange redelivery!

So i call XDP and get though to someone that was supposed to be the transport manager to arrange redelivery to be told that they don't even have the desk as it hasn't arrived in the depot and i would have to wait for them to call me to arrange delivery.

At this point i was fuming as I'm sure anyone can understand, i call scan speak to the same person again and informed them that they don't even have the desk and it isn't at the depot.

They then inform me that they will call down to the warehouse, there i was on hold and told that they can't get though and will email me back today with a response i would note that this is at 4:50pm and i was promised an email or call back today which i haven't got!.

At this stage I'm now at my wits end i hope someone senior at scan sees this and sorts it out as i either want you to arrange for a new desk to be sent out using a reputable courier that delivers when they say so and not a half arsed company that seems to either break the parcels or just deliver when they want to or a full refund and a RMA for all the water-cooling parts i order under a separate order which have arrived by good old faithful DPD.

Im shocked at the level of service i have received from scan either on live chat or via phone calls and the fact that a manger hasn't even called me back to apologise for whats been going on.
    Last edited by Mick@SCAN; 24-11-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks
    • Mick@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k @ 4.7 Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Samsung 840 / 2TB Seagate SATA III ST2000DM001 / 120GB Vertex Plus
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8GB MSI 290X
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Modular Infiniti 650Watt
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design ARC MIDI R2 Tower Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama ProLite G2773HS-2
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mb

Re: Want a Red Harbinger Desk don't order from Scan!

StAnToN,

Please accept our apologies concerning the issues you are having, your query is currently being investigated by the customer services management team who will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Thanks

Just to update anyone that has seen this post.

It has now been 2 weeks and still no desk and 2 days holiday taken to receive this desk and they never delivered.

While i can't blame scan entirely here as Dawn at Scan has been chasing this up and XDP are one of the worst couriers that i have come across i was told yesterday that they would call me regarding a last ditch attempt to deliver the desk to me Today on a Saturday but given I've had no calls i can't see it likely that its going to arrive yet again.

So i would still say anyone that wants a cross desk don't buy from Scan computers as they use XDP who will just let you down constantly. I really hope Scan change the courier to deliver this desk after spending this sort of money!

Thanks

Nope no sign of the desk again no contact from XDP.

KeyboardDemon Scan did send out the desk directly they made the choice of using XDP as the courier for this item.

Looking at the reviews of XDP im not surprised this has happened.

I just would feel sorry for anyone else ordering a desk like this and getting this kind of service especially given the cost.

I hate to think what would happen if you ordered the 9k Swordfish desk that uses the same case im guessing that would also be shipped via XDP.

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

StAnToN,

Once again I would like to apologise sincerely on behalf of SCAN and XDP (the delivery company) for the problems experienced with this order.

I understand that you have been in contact with Dawn our customer service manager in regards to the problems experienced.

We have been in contact with XDP and expressed to them that the service they have provided in this instance fall's significantly below our expectations and in turn the expectations customer's expect of SCAN Computers.

Due to the unique size, weight and nature of this item it is not shipped via our normal carrier DPD who deliver on average 99.5% of goods we ship via them for next day delivery.

Dawn has advised that the desk is scheduled for delivery this Friday and we have provided a partial refund to you as a gesture of goodwill and in compensation for the delays and inconvenience experienced with your order.

We appreciate your custom and hope this particular purchase has not damaged your perception of SCAN Computers beyond repair.

Regards

6. Received thanks from:

Jonj1611 (19-11-2014)

Thanks

Hi mark

The desk is due for delivery now on Friday thanks to dawn hopefully it will arrive this time and will update the post on here when it arrives

8. Received thanks from:

Mark@SCAN (19-11-2014)

Thanks

Just an update desk has finally arrived in good condition now in the process of getting it all setup.

Thanks to Dawn@scan customer care.

Thread Information