Thread: RMA Issue

Thanks

RMA Issue

I have a defective Seasonic PSU.

I have received an RMA number... 349813

I have also received an email asking for my nearest UPS drop off point location, and my email, name and address etc.

All of the above information has been emailed back to Scan. However... it's now been three days [24 hours notice is said to be required] and I still haven't received a UPS label, or confirmation that I can take the defective product to my nearest drop off point for collection.

The RMA was first issued on the 26th Jan.

I hate to be pushy, but it's imperative that my PC is functional as soon as possible, and I recall that the RMA process is supposed to be faster than I'm experiencing.

I should add, I would have much preferred collection from my home rather than a drop off point.

Regards.
    Last edited by Mark@SCAN; 13-02-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks

Re: RMA Issue

Please ignore. After 4 days I got sick of waiting and rang them up.

Done in matter of seconds. Why something that could be done so speedily got left so long who knows.

No apology either.

Thanks

When I said ignore this thread... please don't!

I was slightly irritated, then I became annoyed, now I'm angry!

What has happened to Scan customer support?

It has now been 16 days and still no replacement PSU!

It was bad enough that no postage label was emailed to me for 4 days, until I was forced to spend money on a phone call to Scan, [god knows how long it would have taken if I hadn't rang them] but honestly, now it's getting ridiculous!

4 Days ago I received two "confusing" emails. One said "order placed" and the second "payment authorised". As I haven't ordered another PSU from Scan, I can only assume this is referring to a replacement PSU and that Scan are simply using the same generic automated emails they use for purchases. Of course, something like, "your PSU has been found to be defective and a replacement is on the way" would have been preferable. Shoddy!

And still no PSU!

I got so sick of waiting [and needed my PC running] that I gave up and spent a considerable amount of money on a new PSU from a different supplier. So I'm now massively out of pocket due to Scan's failing!

What do I do now, any ideas? Do I spend more money on another phone call to Scan?

I wouldn't have minded so much if I'd been kept in the loop, but no, nothing.

I used to advise people to buy from Scan due to the fantastic customer support... do I know advise against using Scan?

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Hi Martin,

Please accept our apologies for the delay. The item was delivered to us on the 02/02 and was tested and confirmed faulty on Thursday 05/02 a free of charge warranty replacement invoice was raised on Friday 06/02 hence the e-mails you have received.

Unfortunately the PSU supplied originally is currently out of stock: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1050w...nt-fan-atx-psu hence the delay, fortunately according to our stock notes it is due back in today after which your replacement will be dispatched.

On average we quote a turnaround of between 5 - 7 working days from the point we take delivery of your goods to dispatching the replacement
    I appreciate that on this occasion we will not quite meet this deadline due to availability of the replacement and apologise for any inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Regards

Thanks

Mark, thanks very much for the reply.

Yes you would have received it on the 2nd, but of course 5-7 days from Scan taking delivery, doesn't take into account Scan failing to send me a postage label to post it to you in the first instance.

It's not so much the delay that bothered me, these things happen, but the lack of communication.

If I'd have been informed that the PSU was indeed faulty and that a replacement was out of stock, kept up to date, I would have found that acceptable. I guess I'm used to receiving a multitude of emails from Scan, keeping me well informed when I order a product, so expected the same efficiency in regard to RMA.

Anyway, you have now provided me with the information I should have received via email, so I'm grateful for that. Just a shame it's taken phone calls and forum posts from me.

But thank you Mark. I appreciate your rapid response.
    Last edited by MartinW342; 10-02-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Thread Information