Thread: RMA service no fault found, very unhappy.

Thanks

RMA service no fault found, very unhappy.

I had recently had a card sent in for RMA, I have received feedback telling me there was no fault found.

Now here's the thing, I have a new card in my system with all the same hardware, software and cables being used with no faults occurring so its making the point of failure the card i sent off.

I was told the card was ran for 18 hours under stress from 2 days ago, the store is only open 9 to 5:30 making that a total of 15 hours, I was then told that it could of been ran from 5 to 11 making it 18 hours, who was there to check for issues then?

The next thing is they ran witcher 3 and occt in which i never tested myself, i was told to test the games i played and to run heaven in which none of these where ran by the testing team. They said they tested the witcher 3 in idle mode leaving the character standing still in one scene, again not when my faults occurred (very sloppy imo).

I then asked for the technician logs as I myself am a computer repair technician of 8 years and they said that was the technician logs (stated below) :
    Ran Witcher3 on one screen, and OCCT on another for 18 hours. OCCT showed no errors either.

Now considering I have a new card in my system running all the same hardware, software, peripherals and cables, everything that was used with the faulty card and i have no problems with this one means that the card i sent is faulty? everything else being eliminated and making the point of failure to that RMA'd card.

On top of that I had to pay shipping and will most likely be charged for returns on a faulty card is very frustrating and tbh disappointing in a company that I frequently shop at.

Starting to rethink which companies i should go to for computer components.

Thanks
    • Mick@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k @ 4.7 Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Samsung 840 / 2TB Seagate SATA III ST2000DM001 / 120GB Vertex Plus
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8GB MSI 290X
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Modular Infiniti 650Watt
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design ARC MIDI R2 Tower Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama ProLite G2773HS-2
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mb

Re: RMA service no fault found, very unhappy.

mickykiko,

I am very sorry for the delay, I can see that our testing team carried out a re-test as per your request to our live chat support and the card was found to be in full working order.
    I can see that the card was returned to yourself shortly after,
    If you run into any other problems please contact our support team via the Scan website.

Kind regards,

Thread Information