Thread: Today only prices different to just placed order

Registered+
    Thanks

Today only prices different to just placed order

I've just placed an order for a q6600, some ram and a motherboard.

I've also just had a look at the today only offers on Scan and the q6600 is ~£5 less on that page than the q6600 when searched for in the search box (which is what I ordered)

That's a pretty sharp practice in my mind as it effectively means you are charging two prices for the same goods and relying on people using your search in order to charge them more!

It's not a huge sum of money, but It's incredible that the today only prices and the search prices aren't the same and unfortunately I was caught out

Today only cpu : Intel Core 2 Quad-Core Q6600, S775, 2.40 GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 8MB Cache, Retail + Call of Duty 2 Game - £141.99 £166.84

searched for (and purchased) CPU : Intel Core 2 Quad-Core Q6600, S775, 2.40 GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 8MB Cache, Retail £144.99 £170.36

It's even worse, because if you click the information button on the today only CPU you are taken to this page where the price is once again the higher price! : http://www.scan.co.uk/products/produ...oductID=645220
    Last edited by PC_Arcade; 03-08-2007 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks
    Search does not show TodayOnly offers. Please look at the TodayOnly page for offers.

If you contact customer service, they may be able to assist.

However - your order was placed at 07:14 - and the page was updated at approximately 11am - so they where not on offer at this time.
    Last edited by DavidM; 03-08-2007 at 12:05 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    I have just contacted CS and they've changed the CPU's

It's weird though that if you click for information from the today only page, you are taken to the higher priced CPU. I assume that's a deliberate choice, as people could quite easily miss the fact that the price rises just by looking at the details?

Thanks
    And if you click buy on the information on TodayOnly - you will purchase it on the offer price.

IE: It shows the saving on the product.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Fair enough, a slightly odd way of doing things, but now I know I will do it that way in future (and also it pays not to order until 11:00 am )

Today is Tuesday
    Thanks
    Sorry to thread hijack, but...

I just thought I would add something. Do check your credit card receipt very soon after the order to check that they did credit you ~£5. A very similar thing happened to me but the item changed by ~£20, and my order was delayed, so making the refund even more valid (in my opinion). I was never credited any money, despite being told by CS that it would be OK.

Just a sort of word of warning. It has put me off buying all the parts of my new PC from them this time though.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by explicitlyrics View Post
    Sorry to thread hijack, but...

I just thought I would add something. Do check your credit card receipt very soon after the order to check that they did credit you ~£5. A very similar thing happened to me but the item changed by ~£20, and my order was delayed, so making the refund even more valid (in my opinion). I was never credited any money, despite being told by CS that it would be OK.

Just a sort of word of warning. It has put me off buying all the parts of my new PC from them this time though.
    Thanks for the heads up, I must admit that Scan with this order haven't been up to their usually high standards, the order has been delayed (it was supposed to be delivered today) and I've had nothing giving me any indication of when it will be delivered
    Last edited by PC_Arcade; 06-08-2007 at 09:16 AM.

Thanks
    The refund will take approximately 3 days to go back (although it leaves ourselves almost immediately).

Thread Information