• atomictom's system
      • Motherboard:
      • M4A89GTD PRO USB3
      • CPU:
      • 1090t X6 Phenom ll 3.2Ghz Black edition
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 240GB SanDisk Extreme, 250GB Hitachi Deskstar, 1.5TB Western Digital Green
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD7770
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760
      • Case:
      • T26 Sharkoon Blue
      • Operating System:
      • XP, Windows 7 and Ubuntu

Appalling Customer Service

I Write here to both inform others, and this company, of their crappy service i feel i have received after being a loyal customer for years and spending incredibly vast sums of money in their store.

I have had four consecutive orders from this company delayed in someway in the last 9 months:

1. The first while not entirely in their control was where i had placed a pre-order for an item(corsair refurbished cooling loop) that was due to be in stock 5-6 weeks. I had to pester them twice for updates and eventually had to cancel the awaited item after 11 weeks and 2 or 3 push backs of the expected date they would receive the item. A month after this i realised that money for the canceled item on the order had not yet been refunded and had to chase them up for this.

2. Secondly, near Christmas, i ordered 2 graphics cards and placed a order as soon as the ones i wanted came in stock, only to find several days later that i would not be getting these cards because even though they were 'In-stock' they were already reserved for pre-orders as for some reason their site updates with their warehouse stock but can't seem to deduct pre-orders that have yet to be picked! The website however did say more stock was coming in the next Friday, so i kept my patience but no update on the order came and when i rang there was nothing to be done, So i had to cancel the GPU's from the order. This resulted in having no new shinny GPU's for gaming over Christmas as there was no time to get the from an alternate source due most being sold out or too-long delivery times.

Everyone has a bad time of it every now and then so i thought third time is a charm right? Yeah....

3.I had ordered some parts for a machine i was building and the cold cathode, once again shown as in-stock on their website, was no longer actually in-stock. This caused yet another delay and also required changing the delivery address to that of my local shop, the owner of which was kinda enough to receive it for me as i was not going to be home. Kind of blows the convenience of next-day delivery out of the water with all these delays....

4.About 5/6 weeks ago i was building a HTPC for my dad, ordered all the parts, chose a day for delivery about 5 days later, and settled down to wait. On the day i was meant to receive my order i get an email saying the delivery has been delayed due to the warehouse being busy. The previous incidents being fresh in my memory and problems of the past not clearly explain in their emails, I gave them a ring. This proved wise as it turned out not to be a busy warehouse but that they were out of a stock of the RAM, and you guessed it folks, at the time of ordering it was shown as In-Stock. You would think they would have seen a pattern by now and done something about it? But things get better! Since i found a replacement RAM and told them on the phone to just switch it out early enough, i should be getting it the next-day. Nope, no package. No emails saying the order has been picked etc.
    Another phone call to them explaining these lack of processing emails and the package itself resulted in them swiftly apologising but no actual explanation of what happened. I can only assume the order had been forgotten. Explaining this is pretty much the fourth consecutive screw up on their behalf, they said they were include 2 game codes. A minor compensation but hey at least they were trying and this gesture would probably make me try them once more.

The fun doesn't stop there though...

Today, being ill and having the time and a little energy to try a code, i look to activate it. but it turns out the website to register the code has expired, but further investigation turns out the expiry date printed was 2/3 weeks before i even received the parcel with the codes. I promptly ring up to get this resolved and I'm told that apparently the offer was extended a month(apparently? and i have no way to verify this) and there is nothing they can do. So i apparently had a whole week to use the game code while it was in my possession. I don't know about anyone else but I'm a full-time student with a job and have little time for games at this point in time, and an illness which reduces my available time further, I don't think I'm that being that unreasonable to be seriously irked by this. Hence writing this post.

Scan: I've spend thousands over the years at your website and feel like I've had to do all the work getting answers with little volunteered information on your end in this series of either misfortune or incompetence(I haven't decided which yet). What is your response to this?

Fellow Users Of Hexus: Am I being unreasonable here? Have i been justly dealt with? Have you had such problems?

Thank you for your time

Tom

Thanks
    • Mick@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k @ 4.7 Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Samsung 840 / 2TB Seagate SATA III ST2000DM001 / 120GB Vertex Plus
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8GB MSI 290X
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Modular Infiniti 650Watt
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design ARC MIDI R2 Tower Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama ProLite G2773HS-2
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mb

Re: Appalling Customer Service

atomictom,

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having, could you please PM me the invoice numbers for the orders you have had problems with and I will request that our customer services team investigates this for you.

Kind regards,

Thread Information