• Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Re: RMA issue

CustardInc,

Firstly please accept our apologies for the delay in replying to the query's submitted via our query system.

Having looked through the details on this RMA the card was returned to be tested for a reported "grinding noise" you had requested a refund, unfortunately due to the length of time since your original invoice (May 13) options available to you would have been repair/replacement only subject to a fault being confirmed, my apologies if this was not made clear to you at the time.

The card was tested by SCAN and we were unable to replicate the reported fault, as such it was agreed that we would return the card on your behalf to Gigabyte for further testing.

Having checked this morning with Gigabyte they have advised the card was tested by them and also they concluded that no fault is present and returned the card to us. If you wish to contact gigabyte directly for confirmation of this please use the following RMA number and serial number for your card: RMA = UKA-1460207 SERIAL# = SN131901051275

It was booked back in by us on Thursday last week and shipped back to you on Friday for delivery today. I have checked with DPD who have advised the goods are en route and due to be delivered this morning between 10:30 - 11:30.

Please note that we did advise on the 25/06 after our initial no fault diagnosis that a return to Gigabyte could take up to but was not limited to 28 days, on this occasion it took slightly longer (31 days) for which we apologise.

Regards

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KeyboardDemon View Post
    Cool, let us know how it goes.

I phoned up this morning, the guys I spoke to basically told me that I was supposed to ignore email from Scan where they said that Gigabyte had authorised the refund / replacement. Apparently it's Scan's policy to only give a refund if the fault develops within 28 days, even though they asked me my preference and Gigabyte gave Scan permission to give me a refund.

ANYWAY, the GPU arrived this morning, I put it back in and it's still making the noise... yeah.

Seriously casual gamer KeyboardDemon's Avatar
    Thanks
    • KeyboardDemon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabretooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k + Corsair H80 (Refurbed)
      • Memory:
      • 16gb (4x4gb) Corsair Vengence Red (1866mhz) - (Because it looks good in a black mobo)
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M550 SSD 1TB + 2x 500GB Seagate HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 (Warranty replacement for 780Ti SC ACX)
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 750 watt SuperNova G2
      • Case:
      • Silverstone RV03
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Swift PG278Q
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity (40mbs dl/10mbs ul)

So it has been tested by Scan on more than occasion, by Gigabyte and then returned to you with the same fault.

Out of curiosity, have you tried the same GPU in a different PC or tried setting up your mobo on outside of your PC case to see if it still has the same fault?

Thanks

I've tried inside and out and with two PSUs, in hot weather and cold weather, humid and dry

Thanks

Gigabyte got back to me, they told me they received the GPU on the 7th and sent it back on the 8th, they weren't able to tell me they tested it or found a fault. I contacted Scan about this, in their email they sent me a plain text copy of an email from gigabyte saying 'According to our repair dept, item tested ok.' oddly enough this was sent on the 28th, a good 20 days after Gigabyte told me they sent the GPU back to Scan.

Just in case anyone was still on this thread, I thought I'd update it.

Fair play from 'the UK's most customer-focused retailer of PC technology' - AKA '262 out of 325 in the category Computer', the reviews on TrustPilot seem to disagree with that quote about Scan being the most consumer focused retailer...
    Last edited by CustardInc; 19-08-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

I appreciate you are unhappy but as you are aware the graphics card in question has been tested with no faults found on multiple occasions by both SCAN and Gigabyte staff.

Whilst we appreciate and apologise for any delays you have experienced during this returns process these are unavoidable due to the processes involved when returning item's to our supplier as item's are returned and processed in bulk rather than one at a time.

I believe this thread has run it's course and will now be locked.

Should you have any further problems with the graphics card as we have already advised via e-mail to you as recently as yesterday we will be happy to assist.

Regards

Thread Information