Thread: Poor show guys. Disappointed.

Thanks

Poor show guys. Disappointed.

I ordered a couple of components from scan for a customers build on 3:12pm 08-12-14.

A few hours later I ordered some bits from Amazon to complete the build.

Amazon dispatched my items today and are being delivered tomorrow, my Scan order however hasn't been picked or dispatched so the build cannot go ahead on Wednesday as planned which makes me look like an idiot to the customer.

I called Scan earlier to make sure the order got picked and dispatched today but alas it hasn't been.

If it was a big order I would understand, but it wasn't, it was 7 items of which two are the same (2 fans) :/, I'm just very disappointed. Amazon will have probably 10x as many orders as Scan yet they still manage to get their parcels out for delivery on time? I think Monday afternoon and all day Tuesday is sufficient time to pick 7 items.

I understand you are busy coming up to Christmas but this isn't the first time I've been let down by Scan, I shall seriously have to consider taking my business elsewhere in 2015 as the level of service has dropped massively since I started using Scan many moons ago.

Hopefully you don't just see this is a rant and actually take something away from it to try and regain that level of service Scan was once known for.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Poor show guys. Disappointed.

Scan normally send emails, I've had them come later in the evening, one yesterday arrived at 08 Dec 2014 21:24:44.

So don't give up hope.

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • i7-870, Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Akasa Apache 120mm
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • 2x256GB Samsung 840-Pro, 1TB Seagate 7200.12, 1TB Seagate ES.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB SuperOverClocked
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor + Bitfenix spectre LED fans, LG BluRay R/W optical drive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414h, U2311h 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb/s Fibre and 4G wifi

In fairness to Scan 3:18pm is rather near the cut-off, in fact isn't it a 3pm cut-off for same day shipping? If so your bits would only fall into today's shipping to start with. Chiding them just one day after ordering seems a tad harsh, (unless you have paid a premium for some mega guaranteed delivered in 24 hours service of course).

When I've had an urgent need I've called them and they've been really helpful at doing their best to assist. Maybe give them a quick friendly call if you haven't already done so?

Thanks

I don't agree ik9000, AFAIK they pick items up til about 8pm, so from 3:18pm on monday - 8pm monday, then 9am tuesday - 8pm tuesday, I gave them a call at about 4pm today when I noticed I didn't have any picked/dispatched emails and was told he would put a note on the order for it to be picked today, however that never happened.

If your staff can't pick 7 items (two of which are the same) in a full working day then something needs addressing.

I don't think placing an order on Monday and expecting it on Wednesday is a lot to ask for considering.

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Amazon are a huge worldwide company that have a far bigger and more powerful network than scan. I don't think its a fair comparison. Its also worth considering that Amazon are renowned for treating staff poorly to meet the ludicrous demands.

6. Received thanks from:

Disturbedguy (10-12-2014),MrRockliffe (10-12-2014)

Thanks

Ok, so the amazon comparison aside I still think it's a poor show. Today on the original expected delivery day I receive an email saying " Delayed order notification ", I received no contact yesterday. I don't really expect anybody to agree with me as we all know this forum is basically " Scan Powered ", just shows how companies go downhill.

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

Oops double
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

I don't really expect anybody to agree with me as we all know this forum is basically " Scan Powered ", just shows how companies go downhill.
    That's a somewhat ridiculous comment to make and rather ignorant too. The Forums as a whole belong to Hexus, SCAN simply have their own little section of the forums, how you can say it is "SCAN Powered" I don't know.

I would personally question why you are accepting orders, from customers when you don't even have the stock yourself....how can you berrate a company for not picking something in time to meet your needs, when you are accepting orders for stuff you dont have then seemingly giving what appears to be unrealistic time frames to your customers...
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

10. Received thanks from:

jackvdbuk (10-12-2014)

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    I don't really expect anybody to agree with me as we all know this forum is basically " Scan Powered ", just shows how companies go downhill.
    Scan and HEXUS are completely unrelated companies.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbedguy View Post
    That's a somewhat ridiculous comment to make and rather ignorant too. The Forums as a whole belong to Hexus, SCAN simply have their own little section of the forums, how you can say it is "SCAN Powered" I don't know.

I would personally question why you are accepting orders, from customers when you don't even have the stock yourself....how can you berrate a company for not picking something in time to meet your needs, when you are accepting orders for stuff you dont have then seemingly giving what appears to be unrealistic time frames to your customers...
    That's it, turn it around on the guy that's trying to make a living and being let down by suppliers, that seems fair?

How are the time frames unrealistic? I feel giving a company a few hours + a full working day to simply pick 7 items off the shelf isn't unrealistic at all. Clearly our standards differ and I won't argue as I may as well be banging my head against a brick wall.

Not getting into the Hexus/Scan debate with you, do you work for Scan? No, then I suggest you keep your comments to yourself and don't start attacking me in a thread that doesn't involve you.

If any mods feel the need to edit my earlier post feel free.

At the end of the day I've placed an order and Scan have let me down yet again so I shouldn't be being personally questioned. I don't feel placing an order on Monday for items that are in stock and expecting it on Wednesday is being unreasonable with 24 hour delivery.
    Last edited by Cornholio; 10-12-2014 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks
    • Mick@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k @ 4.7 Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Samsung 840 / 2TB Seagate SATA III ST2000DM001 / 120GB Vertex Plus
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8GB MSI 290X
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Modular Infiniti 650Watt
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design ARC MIDI R2 Tower Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama ProLite G2773HS-2
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mb

I feel that this thread has run its course however I would like to say that Scan take on-board all comments both good and bad, I am sorry to hear that we did not fulfil your order within the time frame expected but as you can imagine this is a very busy time of year for us.

If this is anything I can do to assist please feel free to PM me directly and I will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Thread Information