Thread: Need to update order due to out of stock items plus a few questions...

Thanks
    • mroz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P35-DS4 rev 1.1
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 G0 @ 2.4GHz (was @ 3.2GHz), TRU120X (lapped) + Sythe S-Flex 1600rpm
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 6GiB DDR2 Twin2X 6400 C4 (was 2GiB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Spinpoint 500GB x 2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 460 (was Gigabyte 7600GS passive)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520
      • Case:
      • Antec 900 aka The Vacuum Cleaner
      • Monitor(s):
      • They're everywhere
      • Internet:
      • Zen upto 75Mb/s (typically 26Mb/s when no one else is using the internet)

Question Need to update order due to out of stock items plus a few questions...

Hi,

Anyone from Scan reading? I ordered a dozen components late Wednesday making sure everything was in stock (invoice 00E2397279), before during & after the order was placed. Delivery was supposed to be today however gone 8pm last night I received an email telling me you had no stock of the Maximus VII Ranger, which was at too late a time to do anything about that day, as I discovered when trying to call the number provided. I think your offices close around 5pm.

Can someone please modify my order? I guess I'll just take the next up in the range, so the Hero & you can charge the difference to the same card.

Unless that is anyone wants to suggest an alternative z97 mobo before Scan get back to me? Anything up to the cost of the Hero, if it's worth it, & obviously in stock at Scan.

Which brings me back to the missing stock at Scan. The thing that puzzles me is why now that the item it showing as out of stock, it's reporting having been on back order since 1/12? If that's the case, how on earth could you claim to have stock two days ago when I was ordering? Like I say, I'm just puzzled. Been using you guys over the years & never had any memorable problems before. Along the same lines, why didn't anyone get in touch during the day so my order could have been amended, if necessary, without affecting the delivery date?

BTW If you nice people at Scan want to make sure I get my order tomorrow & notice that might mean you need to upgrade my carriage as it's now Friday, feel free to do so

Thanks
    • mroz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520
      • Case:
      • Monitor(s):
      • They're everywhere
      • Internet:

Re: Need to update order due to out of stock items plus a few questions...

Does anyone from Scan read these threads? Can someone please tell me when I can expect my order to pick, despatch & be delivered?

I called yesterday to change my order if necessary in order to avoid any further delays, only to be told no need, they've just found one last board & I'm getting it... Only my order is still not even showing as picked.

Thanks
    • mroz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520
      • Case:
      • Monitor(s):
      • They're everywhere
      • Internet:

Sorry guys, but you're going to have to add me to the list of disappointed customers now. I've placed seven orders over the last seven years. Three dispatched the day after payment, three on the same day as the payment & then there's this order: three days after payment it isn't even picked.

uk.partpicker told me I could have saved about £40 ordering from Aria, but the Scan/Hexus carriage offer brought that down a little & as I've been happy with Scan to date I still went with you. Next time I'll try the cheaper option as there's no point paying more for service you don't get.

I've pm'd one Scan guy on here, posted this thread two days ago & telephoned. The telephone guy was a little worrying as while he might have been genuine & helpful, I did feel I was being spun a line to make me feel special, only he was a bit ott about this being the last board (which now appears to be back in stock) & the fact my order hasn't moved on says a lot.

So I feel like I'm either being ignored or bull****ted. Not a happy bunny.

Like I think I said in the pm to Mike, iirc, I'd have been fine with someone saying it's Xmas & we're busy; there'll be a delay of 48/72 hrs... etc. But instead I get ignored or shat on. Hexus is a damn sight quieter than when I was here last too. Any regular poster over the last couple of years care to comment? I remember using Clank's overclocking guide with my Q6600 back in 2007. This was a very helpful place.

Oh, if someone from Scan does finally address this, please change the RAM I ordered back to the red but otherwise identical version LN51220, which is now back in stock also; I had to order the silver as red was out of stock & I /was/ in a hurry. It makes no odds to the price so should be straight forward, given my order hasn't picked yet.

I'd like my order asap, preferably tomorrow, but I'll settle for sometime next week. If I don't have all the components on my desk by next Saturday, all working, I'll be cancelling my order under the distance selling regulations. £1500 might not be much to you, but it all adds up.

Come on Scan, you used to be so much better than this.

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

mroz.

Thank you for your post, I apologise sincerely for the delay in replying and for the recent delay with your order. I can confirm your order has now dispatched and is out for delivery today via DPD between the time of 11.55-12.55 my colleague in Customer services has also responded through our query system.

Kind Regards,

Thanks
    • mroz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520
      • Case:
      • Monitor(s):
      • They're everywhere
      • Internet:

No worries. It arrived! This is actually an achievement; most delivery drivers can't find us or go to the wrong place. DPD seem pretty good in this area at least. Last time I ordered from you DPD's tracking let me see the van location & gave me a 15 minute delivery slot; I didn't get that this time, but the package arrived spot on at 12pm iirc. No apparent external damage apart from where the driver tried to pick up the single box by one carry slot. I didn't get a chance to unpack until now hence the silence. It's all looking good. Hopefully I'll get it assembled tomorrow & it will all work, touch wood.

Yes, I received a friendly email from Dawn. It's nice to see familiar names still working for Scan & Dawn has been of assistance to me before :-) If I have any problems with the components I'll raise that in the after-sales sub forum, so this thread can be marked resolved. Cheers all & merry season's greetings to all.

Thanks

OP, if you had put this in the after sales support area originally maybe it would have been attended to sooner?

reading through i can see why you felt disappointed, the stock system does seem to have its quirks sometimes!
    I have fallen foul of it sometimes in the past too, orders delayed due to items oos when showing in stock.

anyway glad u got it sorted now and happy with the parts
    merry xmas too!

Thread Information