Thread: Get decent foot soldliers and sort yourself out

Thanks

Get decent foot soldliers and sort yourself out

I placed an order at 11am on Friday. Today, at 4pm I received an email telling me that despatch was being delayed until Monday at the earliest. So a minimum of 4 days for a delivery, really?

For the other parts of this build I placed an order with Overclockers.co.uk and the parts were delivered today, even though I didn't request a Saturday delivery, yet I have to wait until Tuesday at the very earliest for Scan? How on earth can you take 60 hours (minimum) more to despatch the order?

That's 3 orders in a row where I've felt let down by the service provided, either in after-sales or in this case pre-sales. I'm not requesting an apology or anything, but please do something to place the customer a bit higher up on your list of priorities. Or at least try.

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media

Re: Get decent foot soldliers and sort yourself out

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_gav View Post
    I placed an order at 11am on Friday. Today, at 4pm I received an email telling me that despatch was being delayed until Monday at the earliest. So a minimum of 4 days for a delivery, really?

For the other parts of this build I placed an order with Overclockers.co.uk and the parts were delivered today, even though I didn't request a Saturday delivery, yet I have to wait until Tuesday at the very earliest for Scan? How on earth can you take 60 hours (minimum) more to despatch the order?

That's 3 orders in a row where I've felt let down by the service provided, either in after-sales or in this case pre-sales. I'm not requesting an apology or anything, but please do something to place the customer a bit higher up on your list of priorities. Or at least try.
    Whilst I'd never knowingly suggest that scans ordering system was the best in the world, Amazon excepted I've never had anything from anywhere despatched on satruday or sunday. Possibly you feel let down in part because your expectations are completely unrealistic?

Thanks

Order placed on 11am Friday, AFAIK orders get dispatched up to 8pm. I feel 11am - 8pm is enough time to pick a few items and get them posted.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by herulach View Post
    Whilst I'd never knowingly suggest that scans ordering system was the best in the world, Amazon excepted I've never had anything from anywhere despatched on satruday or sunday. Possibly you feel let down in part because your expectations are completely unrealistic?
    It was only yesterday at 4pm that I was emailed to say it wouldn't be dispatched, which suggests they do dispatch on a Saturday?

Banned
    Thanks

Thumbs up for scan. At least they are telling you it hasn't been dispatched when most companies define 'dispatched' as having been picked and packed but sitting in a pile ready for the courier.

Dispatched almost never means that someone has actually left the building.

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_gav View Post
    It was only yesterday at 4pm that I was emailed to say it wouldn't be dispatched, which suggests they do dispatch on a Saturday?
    I'm not disagreeing that its not good enough - from what I've seen of the store 'dispatched' means packed and on teh van, but it won't get picked up till monday. May be wrong though. My point was more that its not really 60 business hours since you ordered. Its actually 6.

Splash

They certainly do dispatch on Saturdays. I recently placed an order on a Friday for Saturday delivery. 8pm on Friday came and I received the standard "unexpected volumes in the warehouse" email (the wording of which makes no sense) so I called when Customer Services opened on Sat morning an had them dispatch for delivery on Sunday instead.

8. Received thanks from:

this_is_gav (23-03-2015)

Thanks

That's what I thought when I received the initial email, so thanks for clarifying that Splash.

This morning I've received an email to say that it's been marked as urgent to ensure it is dispatched today, so hopefully that is the end of the matter.

In the grand scheme of things I should only receive the order a day later than was expected, it was just the contrast between the two companies and the fact that I feel Scan's services have been slipping over the past few months. I, like most here I guess, have always made a beeline to Scan in the past due to their generally universally excellent service, both in terms of getting the job done and afterwards if there is a problem too, so perhaps it disappoints me more when I feel let down, and as I say, there has been some level of dissatisfaction with each of my previous 3 orders.

Thanks
    • gupsterg's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VII Ranger
      • CPU:
      • i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz
      • Memory:
      • Kingston HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + HGST 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Cooler Master V850
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Temjin 06 plus mods ;)
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk VDSL

My opinion of scan has been good, been using them since about 2004 IIRC. Order about 2-3 times a year, had no issues with dispatch or stock allocation. I've had only 2 RMA's with them both dealt swiftly, on the other hand I'm gobsmacked at how many people on HUK don't rate them on various points, so clearly room to improve I guess.

Thread Information