Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What options are you left with when Scan don't want to know?

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Re: What options are you left with when Scan don't want to know?

I was referring to chris6273's post #14 who's suggestion was you tell ASUS we have refused to help! which is absolutely not the case at all

If I remember correctly the fee's normally applicable for the original collection, testing and return were waived? so yes if the monitor were to be returned and tested by SCAN a second time or forwarded on your behalf to ASUS for further testing and no faults were found fee's would be applicable. Of course should the reported fault be confirmed a replacement would be provided at no cost to yourself.

There has to be some reasonable explanation why the monitor worked when tested at SCAN with our own DP cable, I cannot answer why it is not working at your end but it is important that we identify the actual reason for the problem.

The other monitor purchased from our competitor can you confirm it is the exact same make/model? so that we have an apples to apples comparison? if so does that monitor work with the DP cable supplied with the original monitor from SCAN that was not returned with the monitor for our original testing?

I understand and appreciate your frustration and the inconvenience caused as a result of the problems with the supplied monitor but there is a process that must be followed I am not sure what we could have done differently.

We are still more than happy to get the monitor back to SCAN to be tested again and OR return on your behalf to ASUS for further testing but cannot do this without your consent.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • guitarbloke's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P55-UD4
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 760
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Mushkin 1333MHz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 830 SSD + 500GB Samsung HD501LJ
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX760 Twin Frozr
      • PSU:
      • Antec TruePower 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li B25B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 223BW

Re: What options are you left with when Scan don't want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@SCAN View Post
    I was referring to chris6273's post #14 who's suggestion was you tell ASUS we have refused to help! which is absolutely not the case at all

If I remember correctly the fee's normally applicable for the original collection, testing and return were waived? so yes if the monitor were to be returned and tested by SCAN a second time or forwarded on your behalf to ASUS for further testing and no faults were found fee's would be applicable. Of course should the reported fault be confirmed a replacement would be provided at no cost to yourself.

There has to be some reasonable explanation why the monitor worked when tested at SCAN with our own DP cable, I cannot answer why it is not working at your end but it is important that we identify the actual reason for the problem.

The other monitor purchased from our competitor can you confirm it is the exact same make/model? so that we have an apples to apples comparison? if so does that monitor work with the DP cable supplied with the original monitor from SCAN that was not returned with the monitor for our original testing?

I understand and appreciate your frustration and the inconvenience caused as a result of the problems with the supplied monitor but there is a process that must be followed I am not sure what we could have done differently.

We are still more than happy to get the monitor back to SCAN to be tested again and OR return on your behalf to ASUS for further testing but cannot do this without your consent.
    Yep - it's the same model monitor as I wanted them to go side by side and not look too odd. The new one works with all the replacement dp cables I bought as well as the original one.

I appreciate your comments Mark - and your continued offers of assistance, but as per your reply above, I don't wish to be liable for a charge should you once again find no fault with the monitor.

Currently the monitor works - not quite as well as it should but it still works. I need multiple screens for work and so cannot afford to send it back and be without it for several days. If your returns team could find no fault the first time, I'm not sure that running the same tests again would be beneficial.

In hindsight, I should have just exercised my consumer rights and asked for a refund to begin with, but I think that ship has sailed now 5 months on! Live and learn I guess

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information