• Case:
      • Custom open frame
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 Pro x64 / occasionally Win 7 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • ROG Swift PG279Q, Sony 48A9

Post Western Digital Support borked?

Hi folks,

Not a Scan problem as such - in fact I've ordered from you again this morning and as usual top-class response - looking forward to a visit from our local DPD man tomorrow. So this is more a heads-up - and question regarding best next steps than anything else.

I'm having a head/brick wall interface with WDC Support today - thanks to a defective WD Black HD purchased from Scan a couple of years ago. Drive has failed - both operationally (system won't boot due to file corruption + audible death rattle) and via a subsequent WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic test. No problem, I thought. Checked and it's in warranty til 2018, so RMA it through Western Digital, get it replaced. If only it were that easy.

Can't log in to the WD support portal because when I registered it said my email address aready existed on their system. Fine, I thought, tried the password reset - it comes up with an error and tells me to contact WD support. So followed that link. I can't email them without first logging in to the support portal (duh) and at time of writing I've spent a total of 30 minutes on hold to them without yet speaking to a human. The first time cut off after 10 minutes (and their on-hold music is the most annoying ever! ).

So while trying a second time I've tried making a new registration on the WD Portal with another of my email addresses. Again produces an error saying that the address already exists on their system. I knew it didn't but just to be sure, I tried again with a third email. Same problem.

I'm wondering whether the long phone queue is because their online support's broken and everyone's using voice, so I'll give it a couple of days and see what gives. In the meantime tho, I've got a defective disk that needs an RMA. No desperate rush as today's Scan order is an SSD which actually will be the replacement. I daresay I can dig up the original Scan purchase invoice number if necessary. In the meantime, beyond waiting and hoping WD Support sorts itself out, is there anything you guys can do in the meantime? Thanks! :-)
    BH6, BX6 2.0, BE6, BE6-II 2.0, ST6-RAID, BE6-II 2.0 (again), BD7-RAID, BD7II-RAID, IC7-G, IC7 Max3, AB9 QuadGT, IX38 QuadGT. IX58... Oh, b*ll*cks. RIP Abit

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Re: Western Digital Support borked?

Hi,

I have escalated this with my contact @ WD who has advised the best number for customer support is: 0080027549338

If you have no joy on this number please let me know and I have been authorised to provide you with his direct e-mail for him to escalate for you.

Regards

Thread Information