Thread: BSOD message on A8n Sli Deluxe

SCAN Computers Pete the Painter's Avatar
    Thanks

BSOD message on A8n Sli Deluxe

Lo again,
    Keep getting BSOD. Message Http.sys driver_less_or_equal_than blah blah.
    Any clues?

Ta

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sys-Con.com
    HTTP.sys is the operating system's HTTP protocol stack and is implemented as a kernel mode component. It listens to requests, parses them, and then routes them to the appropriate request queue. Each request queue corresponds to a particular application pool.

Since no user code runs as part of HTTP.sys, it is isolated from any failure in application code. Even if a Web application crashes, HTTP.sys continues to receive and queue requests for that application, ensuring that the end user's experience is not interrupted. Also, since HTTP.sys runs as part of kernel code, it is very efficient.
    That leads me to suspect a dodgy network driver perhaps? Tried reinstalling windows? How about new drivers, or maybe using the other network adapter on that motherboard?
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media
    Rimmer - try what Kez has suggested but also if possible use a different CD/DVD drive to rule out any read issues with the drive.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WildmonkeyUK
    Rimmer - try what Kez has suggested but also if possible use a different CD/DVD drive to rule out any read issues with the drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kez
    That leads me to suspect a dodgy network driver perhaps? Tried reinstalling windows? How about new drivers, or maybe using the other network adapter on that motherboard?
    It's a brand new install of O.S. as for drivers I'll have a look for some.

Ok will do, got an AOpen Chameleon in at the mo thats all. Other than that Raptor 74 on Nvidia Sata connection.
    Will let u know how I go on.

Wildmonkey, as you are also a A8N user are there new drivers for either of the network adapters that you now of?? saves me looking
    Btw will be round on monday with the newly modded Eclipse....its a bute

Thanks for the info guys.
    Last edited by Pete the Painter; 05-02-2005 at 09:03 PM.

Thanks
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thanks
    Using the new Nvidia Sli drivers now. The whole system seems a lot more stable now.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Getting the same random BSOD. Updated my Bios to 1004 and have the latest Nforce4 drivers. Still getting BSOD.

I found a new hotfix from Microsoft about http.sys. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=887742

Im hoping this fixes it for good

Thanks
    I was workin on Pc today for about 4 hrs then all of a sudden BSOD.

I've recently got the latest 1.0.6 bios installed and the chipset drivers from the NVidia site.
    Keeps blue screening complaining about http.sys. This is almost straight away after logging on.

Tried a few things, noticed the Lan was on the Nvidia port.
    BSOD about 10 times on Nvidia LAn as soon as I have switched to using the Marvell one things seem fine.

Installed the Update from M.S.

Any further ideas?

Thanks
    Was that the blue-screening you mentioned about last night?

Thanks

Non-deluxe problems

I just RMA'ed my Asus A8N-SLI board. Installed Windows, SP2, Visual Studio .NET, Visual Studio 6.0 SP6, Enabled nVidia "firewall" and Cool'n Quiet - then - coded a project for 10 hours, and ..bang.. the machine freezes.

A reset was needed to bring it back to life. After a reboot, the network card failed to acquire an IP address. I then tried disabling and enabling the network adapter in windows - just caused a lockup.

Then installed a new PCI ethernet card. Windows found it right away, and it even got a reasonable IP address. Then "cable disconnected" started appearing periodically. Finally windows came out and declared that the network connection was very unstable (never saw that one before), after a reboot and new cables, the system would no longer recognize the ethernet card..

Then I tried a system restore, which resulted in a black screen with the arrow shown. The arrow responded fine to my mouse moves, but nothing else happened.

I then tried using another VGA card. I replaced the X700PRO PCI-E with a Radeon 7000 PCI card (that card has been running flawlessly for 6mths, and is now humming away in another machine). Still no luck..

Then tried to re-install windows.. just copy the files over.. no luck.. black screen, and useless mouse-arrow.

Then tried clean install. Resulted in a BSOD, I let the whole thing cool down for a while, I was getting agitated, went to bed, and felt terrible, knowing that I'd have to RMA the parts, and wait for weeks on end for them to come back.

Next day, I thought I had it figured out, the machine had cooled for 12 hours, so I tried again.. no luck.. BSOD

Changed the RAM (I have another A64 running as a server using an ABIT motherboard - so that's what I'll stick with in the future). Still no luck..

Finally, I disabled every single integrated device on the board, sound, usb, network etc. and behold.. the thing worked, I successfully installed windows on the machine, grabbed what I needed from the drive (using windows integrated CD-Burner software). And then I disassembled the entire thing for RMA.

Now the store naturally thinks that you are some stupid lamer who's got all kinds of vira and spyware on the machine, and now I'm blaming the Mobo. So the store says they need to test for defects.. fair enough.. but listen.. Is installing Windows XP really considered a test for defects? I also had all that stuff installed, I even told them, so now they'll run 3Dmark for 12 hours and see what happens. 3DMark is a benchmark, not a defect test. What am I to do? Someone suggested I put 220V straight on the mobo, to make sure I got a new one, instead of waiting for those idiots to find the error.

What I am to do with a defective motherboard? I understand that any of the pieces (RAM, HDD, PSU, GFX) could be the cause for the error, but really, I would never buy a mobo if it did not play along with "brand" names. If I had some weird, no-name RAM or some old GFX card, I'd understand. I also know that my replacement items are not faulty, cause they're running right now..

Thanks
    yep had same prob wiv http.sys and nvtcp.sys got new drivers for nvidia chipset stil had http.sys bsod so im using the marvell lan instead seems to be fine

Thread Information