Thread: Scan Order - Not Happy

Thanks

Scan Order - Not Happy

Im not happy.

Im not sure if i should be posting this in this forum, but im fed up of being on the phone to scan as im sure it has already cost me a fortune in phone calls already.

The situation started out around 3 weeks ago now.

I wanted to order:

Asus A8N Standard Mobo
    XFX 7800GT Extreme LED Edition.

The xfx gcard was on todayonly, so i took advantage of this and bought them both from scan, this came to around £330 for both, a good bargain. This was 9th November

I ordered them, and paid on the credit card, unfortunately though, my balance from my credit card hadnt cleared, so they had to re-authorise my card the next day, not a problem.

On the 10th November i received an email from scan saying that:

Please regard this email as a notification of delay in your order due to an
    unexpected volume of orders placed throughout the day...
    Not a problem, as this was my fault, so i wasnt upset by this.

On the 14th November i received and email saying:

Please regard this email as an active notification of a delay in your order, due
    to a temporary shortage in stock of the following item/s:

1. XFX 256MB GF7800GT VIVO DVI
    Estimated Lead Date = 15/11/2005
    Suggested Replacement = 256MB Gigabyte 7800GT PCI-E £220.97 Ex. VAT
    I declined this offer, as the XFX looked quality, and was better than the gigabyte one speed wise, thanks anyway.

Finally on the 22nd November (not the 15th i might add) i received an email saying that it had been picked, and shortly after that the card was dispatched, i could not wait.

On the 23rd November, i received them, the mobo was all good, but when i opened the graphics card box, the non LED one was inside (you know, the one that looks like the reference board), by this time i was getting frustrated but i calmly rang scan up and explained the situation, the person on the phone was very understanding, and said that they would do a "fast turn around" and would pick the graphics card up the next day, and would get it changed for the correct one which i ordered.

As predicted the citylink guy came round on the 24th November, took my graphics card away and i again had to wait patiently.

I phoned scan the next day (25th November) and they said that they had received it, and it tested, not faulty. I confirmed with the phone assistant that it was the LED edition that i wanted, and they confirmed again that it would be done, and probably be shipped out at the beginning of the week.

Yesterday (28th November) I rang scan again, to confirm that everything was ok (becuase i wasnt getting any emails from them) and they said that it is out waiting for dispatch, and it will be dispatched tomorrow (29th November). I asked if i would get a confirmation email saying that it would be dispatched, and they assured me that i will. Brilliant.

Today (29th November) I called scan half an hour ago to ask if my graphics card had been dispatched, because again i hadnt got any emails. Unfortunately, the person that i spoke to on the phone said that my order had been cancelled and my card had been refunded. I was gobsmacked. I told him that someone told me yesterday that the card was in stock and awaiting dispatch, he asked me for the name of this member of staff, but i didnt get a name. I asked him why this had happened, and he told me that it was becuase the supplier doesnt stock it anymore. By this time i was very frustrated.

He said that if id like to purchase it again, it would be the price of £250 (i think) i said no, i wanted it at the price that i bought it for (£230) and he said it would be ok. I asked if i would get it tomorrow, he said that i would get it on thursday.

In the end i couldnt wait to get off of the phone becuase i was getting angry, and i know that would get my no-where, and i settled at this.

I still dont feel that this is good enough, and i expected much better from scan, as they have been absolutely perfect in the past. Im going to ring scan up again tomorrow morning and cancel my order, and im pretty sure that i am not going to order with them again, after what has happened.

I know that i might be being a little picky, but i wanted what i ordered, and what was sold to me on their website, but it took 3 weeks to get back to square one with them.

Im sure that everyone will tell me to get the names of the people who i speak to from now on when talking over the phone, but i find this rude, and the number of people i spoke to, i would have a very long list.

I would really appreciate it if someone could pass on this message, and like everyday in the past 3 weeks, im going to phone them up again tomorrow, and hopefully get to the bottom of this mistake.

I feel that i should be a valued customer of scans as i have ordered with them for over 3 years now, and i always rated them.

A copy of this message is being sent to scan as well as in these forums.

Scan you have let me down.
    Last edited by t_aitch; 29-11-2005 at 07:13 PM.

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media
    you shouldnt have yor order number in the post
    If you only got off the phone half an hour ago, then expecting it to be with you tommorow is a little unreasonable.

I appreciate its frustrating, but im sure i recall reading somewhere about xfx sending out non led ones under the led code because they couldnt meet demand for them, in which case it isnt really scans fault.

Also XFX have now discontinued the LED edition, so you wont find them anywhere unless its old stock.

Thanks
    I thought that doing sameday delivery, would have been a nice gesture, but they said they didnt do that service, so theres nothing i could do about that.

The thing im most annoyed at is the fact that i sent the card back last friday on the agreement that the LED one would be sent out. If i would have known that they didnt have the LED one in stock, and wouldnt have, i would have never sent it back.

And for the member of staff to tell me yesterday that it was waiting to be dispatched and but not have it in stock at all is very confusing.

I can see how scan may have messed up my order with the non LED cards being under the same product code, but they werent apologetic in any way.

Edit - Also its been so long now that i dont think i will qualify for COD2 offer, one of the reasons why i went for this offer.
    Last edited by t_aitch; 29-11-2005 at 07:22 PM.

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media
    Quote Originally Posted by t_aitch
    I thought that doing sameday delivery, would have been a nice gesture, but they said they didnt do that service, so theres nothing i could do about that.

The thing im most annoyed at is the fact that i sent the card back last friday on the agreement that the LED one would be sent out. If i would have known that they didnt have the LED one in stock, and wouldnt have, i would have never sent it back.

And for the member of staff to tell me yesterday that it was waiting to be dispatched and but not have it in stock at all is very confusing.

I can see how scan may have messed up my order with the non LED cards being under the same product code, but they werent apologetic in any way.
    Im not saying you arent right to be angry, i would be too, just that i think some of the blame should probably be layed at xfx's door.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t_aitch
    Im sure that everyone will tell me to get the names of the people who i speak to from now on when talking over the phone, but i find this rude, and the number of people i spoke to, i would have a very long list.

I would really appreciate it if someone could pass on this message, and like everyday in the past 3 weeks, im going to phone them up again tomorrow, and hopefully get to the bottom of this mistake.
    I think that they should update their system so that whoever last looked at your account should leave a name on the system, for easier references later. A few other shops do this...
    Woohoo now Assistant Manager!

Thanks
    I just checked and the COD2 free offer expires TOMORROW!!!

So even if i get it on thursday i still cant apply for it.

Thanks
    Unfortunately, there is very little that can be done at this time of the day except to appologise for the hassle you've had.

I am very sure that one of my return colleagues can speak to XFX to ensure that you still qualify for the game, in light of the circumstances. Obviously, i'd like to speak to them first to make sure that this is the case - but I'm sure that this should be possible.

I'll chase this matter up with our returns team first thing, and make sure that someone rings you as soon as possible in order to get this rectified - and to let you know exactly what the situation is.

Thanks
    • Thorsson's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570k
      • Memory:
      • 2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance PC1866
      • Storage:
      • 256M4 SSD; 2Tb 7200RPM Barracuda; 2Tb Linkstation
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX970 SC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX650
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2515H
      • Internet:
      • Fibre Optic 30Mb
    I think Workaholic is right. I've seen about the XFX decision on these cards before, but there are other aspects here that ring bells and that Scan ought to handle better:

1. Products seem to get allocated and then un-allocated. This isn't really acceptable. Get it right first time.

2. You need some sort of system for recording what you tell people - and what they've said to you.

3. If you find out you aren't going to be able to deliver on your promises you ought to be proactive, rather than waiting for people to complain when something doesn't happen.

Thanks
    Dont panic, i have been told by two people at scan that i can still get COD2 free from XFX, even if i have not got my card yet as it the purchace date that counts. XFX's site seems to state this too.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Leave this with me and i will investigate the entire issue fully. But with regards to the LED version we have recently been informed by XFX that they are no longer making these cards and so despite ordering this type XFX just sent us reference cards to fulfil our order, which obviously is not what we were expecting.

With regards to the RMA, what will have happened is the invoice will have been created and notes added, re your individual requirements, the pickers will have noticed there are no cards like that and passed it back to the RMA invoice team, who will have cancelled the invoice and organised a refund as we cannot fulfil your requirements, were it seems to have gone wrong is obviously were this person should have rung you and advised you of this fact.

However, like i said leave this with me and i will investigate fully in the morning, when i have access to your account information.

Thanks
    Thanks a lot for that, i really appreciate it.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Please see the PM i just sent you.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Thank You for discussing this issue with me over the telephone. I just want to apologise for all the issues you have experienced in this matter. I would like to confirm your new XFX card will be despatched today as agreed and is set for delivery on Thursday 1st December 2005.

If i can be of any further assistance, just give me a shout.

Kind Regards

Wesley

Thanks
    Just got an email back saying it was authorised.

Thank you very much for the service over the phone and sorting this out for me.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Your welcome, Anytime

Thanks
    I'll write scan a brand new system for a large fee

Thread Information