Thread: Big Moan at Scan!

Registered+
    Thanks

Big Moan at Scan!

I have used scan for buying pc parts in the past and never had a problem until an order I made recently which I have had nothing but problems with.

At the beginning of September this year I ordered an Athlon 64 4000+ cpu, an Abit KN8-SLI mainboard and an XFX 7900GT Extreme video card to upgrade my computer. As always the parts arrived on the specified delivery date, when I put all the parts together I switched the power on to boot the machine up for the first time. Nothing happened, the fans spun up but the post screen wouldn’t come up, I tried various things like different memory, cpu etc but it just wouldn’t post so I got another mainboard and put that in and it booted up first time. So I spoke to a scan customer service person on the phone and they said they would send a courier out to collect the faulty board the next day and they would test it when it got back to them and would send me a refund by cheque in the post. The courier came to collect the board the next day like I was told and scan sent me an email on the 3rd October saying that they had received the faulty board and it had been tested by technicians and found to be faulty. On the 4th of October I got another email from scan saying that a refund had been authorised and it would be processed by the accounts dept “shortly”.

A week or so went by and there was no sign of the refund coming in the post so I decided to give the scan returns dept a ring to see what was going on. First of all it took me about 20 minutes in a queue before I spoke to someone which was very annoying. When I finally got through the person on the other end of the phone said that the refund had been authorised and it would be with me within the next 7 days. While I was on the phone this time I also mentioned that I was having problems with the XFX graphics card from the same order, it was doing very strange things in all 3D applications, strange horizontal lines were appearing and pink dots in the sky in games what shouldn’t have been there. I turns out that this is a common problem with these cards. I was told by the person on the phone from scan to send screenshots of the problem to scan and they would take a look at the screenshots and then sort me out with an RMA number to send the card back. The next day I took some screenshots and sent them to the persons email address at scan as I had been told on the phone the day before. Since then I have heard nothing back from scan about either the refund for the mainboard or the RMA for the graphics card. It’s now the 17th November and im still out of pocket for the mainboard and have a graphics card which is completely useless on 3d applications. I don’t fancy phoning them up again as I know ill be waiting in a queue on the phone and costing me even more money.

So Scan what are you going to do about it?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Can you please PM me your RMA number and also the email address you were given and I will investigate this matter for you with the upmost urgency.

Wesley

Thanks
    • Blackmage's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P67-GD65
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 2600k
      • Memory:
      • 8 Gb Hynix DDR3 1333
      • Storage:
      • Crucial m4 120Gb, 2TB Samsung F4
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI HD5830
      • PSU:
      • 700w Coolermaster Gold Plus
      • Case:
      • Xclio/Aplus Windtunnel
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic VX2239WM 22" LCD Monitor
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Broadband 10mbit
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyaldred View Post
    Can you please PM me your RMA number and also the email address you were given and I will investigate this matter for you with the upmost urgency.

Wesley
    i feel sorry for you guys sometimes, as i no what it's like to work in retail. this is as good as of service as your gonna get.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyaldred View Post

Wesley
    Thanks for this quick response I will send you a pm shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    i feel sorry for you guys sometimes, as i no what it's like to work in retail. this is as good as of service as your gonna get.
    Yeh i admit this is good service but its took 2 months to get it!

Thanks
    • sawyen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Laptop motherboard
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 740QM
      • Memory:
      • 8192MB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 256GB SSD, 1TB WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD Mobility HD 5870
      • PSU:
      • MSI stuff
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64bit
      • Internet:
      • Virgin ADSL rubbish
    Well, thats just unlucky mate.. for what its worth, I'm pretty sure the guys at Scan are doing a FAR better job than most of other e-tailers..
    Me want Ultrabook

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sawyen View Post
    Well, thats just unlucky mate.. for what its worth, I'm pretty sure the guys at Scan are doing a FAR better job than most of other e-tailers..
    This is the first thing ive had to send back to scan so i havent had any other experiences with sending things back to them. I have sent a few things back to ebuyer in the past and there RMA system works excellent compared, every time ive sent somemething back there ive had either a replacement or refund within 7-10 days without ever having to chase them up on the phone.

Im not usually one of those people that moans but this has just gone on too long now!

Registered+
    Thanks
    Please accept my apologies, I have spoken to the user and we have done a search on his outlook and are unable to trace any email received, it looks like it may have never have arrived.

You will receive emails shortly with the RMA for the grpahics card. In relation to the outstanding refund it has taken much longer than usual as we need to confirm authorisation from the finance company to issue this, I can confirm however, the cheque will leave us today.

If I can be of any further assistance, please contact me here or via PM.

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited
    Hi,

Just to confirm i have sent you details for the return of your card including collection details. Please reply back to the relevent e-mails for the collection to be booked. Again please accept our apologies for the delay in dealing with your query, i can only assume the e-mail got caught up in our e-mail server and was flagged as unsafe due to the picture attachments included with the e-mail?. If you still have the e-mail in your sent items folder please try resending the e-mail as i am interested to know why it was not recieved.

Regards

Registered+
    Thanks
    Thankyou very much for you help in getting this matter sorted quickly, i cant understand what happened to the email i sent because usually if i send an email that is undelivered it will send me back a notification of this.

Thanks again for your help
    Last edited by returnofjim; 17-11-2006 at 03:06 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    No problem just sorry it took so long.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@SCAN View Post
    Hi,

Just to confirm i have sent you details for the return of your card including collection details. Please reply back to the relevent e-mails for the collection to be booked. Again please accept our apologies for the delay in dealing with your query, i can only assume the e-mail got caught up in our e-mail server and was flagged as unsafe due to the picture attachments included with the e-mail?. If you still have the e-mail in your sent items folder please try resending the e-mail as i am interested to know why it was not recieved.

Regards
    Thanks, ive just looked at the emails you have sent and ill respond to the shortly, i dont have the email i sent to you anymore because it was automatically deleted after so many days, however i still have the screenshots so ill try sending them to you again now.

James

Tools are the subtlest of traps redsky009's Avatar
    Thanks
    • redsky009's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.29 Ghz with Arctic Freezer Pro 7 cooling
      • Memory:
      • 4 GB Corsair Twin XMS 6400 (Cas 4)
      • Storage:
      • 320GB Seagate + 500GB WD (SATA 300, 7,200rpm)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1GB PowerColor HD4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 520W (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Centurion 532
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC LCD2070NX (20", 1600x1200)
      • Internet:
      • 22Mb ADSL 2+
    Nice to know there are real people to talk to who respond quickly when you have a problem with Scan, good work guys! Will hold off getting the X1950Pro from dabs (who have it in stock) for another week as I would rather order from Scan..

Recently had great trouble trying to get anything but a template email which didnt even relate to what I was asking from LoveFilm after about 6 emails and 3 weeks. ugh, sainsburysdvdrental customer service was much better than that.

Thanks
    Just to let you know mate, for some scan confidence - When the IBM Deskstars were all the rage a few years back I purchased one. It was DOA and scan got me another one out in a faultless time frame. I was genuinely impressed, even more so when the second one bit the dust a few months later. No quibble they just changed it. Makes for a happy scan customer

(I tell you whats depressing, looking at your past orders and seeing a 1600xp ordered and then a 2200xp two months later - blasted bridge joining !! )

Thread Information