Thread: So I need a new office chair...

Thanks

So I need a new office chair...

My office chair broke on me today. When I lean back, it reclines all the way back. I want one that has decent lumbar support and arm rests.

Does anyone know how the Viking leather ones are for lumbar support? I'm looking to spend upto £50 but I could stretch to a bit more if it would get me a quality chair.

The one I have now has only lasted 5 months. I got it from PC World for £80, reduced from £200. I want a chair that is going to last me longer than that.

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    try staples, the majority of the chairs that they sell are of poor quality, but the good thing is that they are guaranteed for a year or two, and they almost always dont last more than a few months. ring them up, they come and collect it and refund you in full. in the mean time buy another one and repeat the process when it falls to bits.

ive had a few chairs from viking, but i have found them to be ridiculously overpriced and the same quality of chair can be had from staples for a fraction of the price and with the ummm lifetime warranty lol.

Thanks
    I didnt know Staples did that . There's one near my college so I'll go have a look when I'm on my break tomorrow. Do you know what kind of condition they have to be in for you to get a refund? I saw a leather one on the staples site for £40 which has lumbar support.

edit: It's this one http://www.staples.co.uk/ENG/Catalog...affixedcode=WW

Cheers

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    mine seem to fall to bits on a regular basis. the chair i have at the moment is similar to that one on the pic only it has a silver base. on every chair ive had from staples, the armrests always work loose, and before you know it they start to creak, even when they are tightened back up. the tilt tension knob thing also doesnt last very long, but if it does go faulty, just ring them and usually they will come and pick it up the next day. it can take 2 weeks to credit the money to your card, so i usually wait until ive got some spare cash and then buy another first.

the thing is, i asked one of the customer service reps why they always refund me instead of just swapping the chair and she said its company policy. who am i to argue? so at the moment im on chair number 6 in just under 3 years.

oh and when you order, make sure you ask for your free gift, or you wont get it. whatever it may be at the time.

Thanks
    Thanks for the help. I'll order one tomorrow. The free gift is a lamp but you have to order at least £60 ex vat worth of stuff to get it.

Thread Information