Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mesh systems

CMC
    Thanks

Mesh systems

One of my mates got a mash system, it seems pretty clas, well it is, but it was very expensive, anyone who has a mesh system wot r they like overall, value for money etc??

Thanks
    • Flibb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 PC3-12800
      • Storage:
      • Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250G
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3GB MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr
      • PSU:
      • FSP
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Deffl TFT thing
    My parents have one, they got it on my recomendation. Compared to diy systems they do cost extra but you get an OS and some other software, they also used standard parts, unlike dell. They paid around £600 for it a few years ago and at the time I would have strugled to build that system at the time for that price. Components are all big brand stuff, mobo is asus (not PC CHips like some cheaper brands), HD is a western dig, mouse was a cheap logitech.
    So overall a reasonable system if you dont want the hassle of diy

Thanks
    In terms of value for money for what you get they are usually very good - sometimes I haven't even been able to buy the parts for the price that they were selling the complete system for even before you consider the potential value of their system warranty to a non-techie buyer.

MSI P55-GD80, i5 750
    abit A-S78H, Phenom 9750,

My HEXUS.trust abit forums

Thanks
    I WOULD NEVER EVER *EVER* BUY A MESH COMPUTER AGAIN!!!

Please, please please for the love of god never buy a mesh computer. They might look good, but their delivery, Customer support, and general everything is terrible. I took us a year (yes, 12months) from first placing our order, to getting a working machine.
    I can't be bothered to type out the whole fiasco, but seriously never even go near them.
    I am not alone in hating them, this is not an isolated case.

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/computers/mi...review/423791/
    http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/computers/mi...review/424924/
    http://www.glasgowstudent.net/bullet...num=1059682589
    http://www.pcreview.co.uk/retailer.php?t=187
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/review23521.html

I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW POOR MESH COMPUTERS REALLY ARE!!!

Ok, I know this sounds like a terrible rant, but just google for yourself. Also this is not the view of Hexus.net or any partners or associates. This is only my viewpoint.
    Twigman

CMC
    Thanks
    my mate had no problems wit cutomer service or delivery, he got a better system than he was expecting, it was due to be delivered 2 days after he left to go to edinburgh uni (from N.I.) so he rang them, and they made sure he had it the day before he went, at no extra cost, i need a decent system for uni u c, thats y i lookin at mesh

Thanks

Mesh Computers – Warning - Poor Build – Poor Service – Learn from my mistake

I ordered a top of the range, high spec base unit from Mesh in July 04 for £1800, that’s just for the base unit. Well about 3 weeks later, the PC arrived, damaged –

First I raise the issue with them using their on-line support and receive an email to call them the following Monday (16th August 04), which I do, I am then told that a replacement PC will delivered and the old one picked up on Thursday. Well that was fairly prompt.

Thursday, comes and goes no replacement and no pickup. On Friday I call them and they say that it will follow on Monday .

Monday comes and goes, NOTHING !

Wendessday 25th August, I receive a new note from Mesh through the post that the PC is being built and that it will be delivered on the 6th of Sept 04. I send them a deadline of 8th or I want a refund as this is taking the piss. Also they have yet to collect the damaged PC.

6th Sept, goes and I receive an email saying that the PC is no longer available and that I should call them to choose something else. I

By the 9th of Sept, I am well pissed off at having 2 months time, So I send them an email telling them that I want a refund by 16th Sept and I am not interested in an alternative. Additioanlly I tell them to collect the PC that’s still sat here.

On 14th Sept I call them up and request that they collect the PC, THEN wait for it, wait for it ! I get bull**** that no one has called to arrange collection !!! I keep cool, and don’t get into an argument and request a NEW collection date.

15th Sept 04 – FINALLY ! Amtrack pick up the dead on delivery PC.

17th Sept 04 – Send them an official letter stating that I want the refund by the 14th of October or I will take them to court.

On 20th October, I Call them up and ask wheres the refund, their staff tell me it will be with you on the 26th

On the 1st November, I call again and they say someone will call you back

On the 4th I get a call to tell me that the refund is being processed today and a cheque will be with you in a couple of days

Its now 8th Nov 04 – Nothings been received.

Meshcomputers.com – Poor Build, rubbish customer service – Avoid at ALL COSTS

Now it looks like I am going to have to waste a load of time taking them to court.

But let this be a warning to anyone considering buying from Meshcomputers.com , if things go wrong you can forget about an easy ride with regards getting your money back from this company !

Thanks
    I use to recommend Mesh systems as they seemed like good value for money.

However someone i knew had a defective HDD (a fujitsu one which is well known to be faulty) The HDD failed and they lost all data but it still worked that time, they said they wouldnt replace it even though this hdd is famous for being guarented to fail.

It was well within warrenty but they didnt replace it then a couple of weeks out of warrenty it did fail and didnt work again and they wouldnt replace it fair enough but it should have been replaced before... THIS model of hdd is why fujitsu doesnt make any anymore. Mesh knew about this but didnt care.

Thanks
    Need I say more? Another unhappy customer.
    Twigman

Thanks
    I nearly bought a Mesh PC, back in 2000. Went to their showroom, specced up a complete system, then looked at the interest free credit deals they were doing. We gave them our details under the knowledge (confirmed by the sales guy) that it was just to check if we could get credit, nothing was signed as to actually wanting to purchase the system.

Couple days later, a "thank you for buying a Mesh PC, it will be with you in x days" drops through the door, and they try to deliver a PC which we never asked for, as well as taking the money. I'm not kidding when I say it took 6 months of hassle to get them to cancel the credit agreement for the PC we didn't have, and to refund deposits etc.

Stay well away.

Edit: Forgot to say, replaced it with an Evesham system. Support was excellent, but the Asus board has a whiny northbridge fan on it which needed to be replaced, and then failed again a couple weeks later (probably due to my dust covered floor). Anyway, Evesham had no problem with giving us a full refund for the whole PC due to this problem, and it was all sorted within a week. Top marks to the guys.
    Last edited by Jonny M; 09-11-2004 at 01:43 AM.

Thanks
    I bought a mesh PC 6 months ago, delivery was poor, and it came with no driver disk, but been happy with it ever since.

Cost about £12k

Athlon 3200
    1gb RAM
    X800pro
    200gb Sata HDD
    DVD RW
    CD RW
    Floppy Disk Drive
    Asus motherboard with onboard sound 5.1
    Basic 17" CRT Monitor

Magazines give good reviews of their kit, perhaps they've improved, but dont take a day off work to take delivery.

Thanks
    Magazines give good reviews of their kit, perhaps they've improved
    magazines always seem to give mesh good reviews...some might have the line "some of our readers have had a few problems with mesh, but we think they are great"...

I have to say I amvery suspicious.
    Twigman

LWA
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BEO1741
    I bought a mesh PC 6 months ago, delivery was poor, and it came with no driver disk, but been happy with it ever since.

Cost about £12k
    I think you have been done mate

Thanks
    I was gonna buy a system from MESH but Im having second thoughs now, Im perfectly capable of building my own system(and have done previously), but I just cant be bothered with building, installing Xp etc...

What build to order suppliers would you guys suggest?

I have already looked at a few:
    http://www.nethighstreet.com/COMPUTE...erpcframe.html
    http://www.scan.co.uk

Damn this money burning a hole in my pocket ;-)

Thanks
    I've had no problems with Mesh, albeit when I ordered a PC from them they were a relative unknown (oh the days of a 486 DX4-100!!!) back then (1995? I think) ... but since then I've built my own system - the best way I reckon. Get a solid system from a reputable company, then upgrade it over time 'till there's nothing left.
    Sex, breakfast of champions

Abit AV8 3rd Eye
    Athlon 64 3500+ @ 2.24GHz
    2048Mb Corsair XMS3200
    74Gb Western Digital 10000rpm Raptor
    200Gb Western Digital SATA
    Hiper Type-R 580W Modular PSU
    7900 GS+

Thanks
    Oh, and BEO1741 wasn't done to the tune of 12 big ones, I work with him, he's just a bit of a muppet and not too hot with numbers !!!
    Last edited by Fatboy; 11-11-2004 at 02:22 PM.
    Sex, breakfast of champions

Abit AV8 3rd Eye
    Athlon 64 3500+ @ 2.24GHz
    2048Mb Corsair XMS3200
    74Gb Western Digital 10000rpm Raptor
    200Gb Western Digital SATA
    Hiper Type-R 580W Modular PSU
    7900 GS+

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy
    Oh, and BEO1741 wasn't done to the tune of 12 big ones, I work with him, he's just a bit of a muppet and not too hot with numbers !!!
    If I was good with numbers I would of completed my Maths Degree you hune

Thread Information