Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Grr @ Overclockers.co.uk

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by weegie.geek View Post
    royal mail delivers on a saturday. It was sent via royal mail first class on the friday morning.

It'd have been nice for it to be delivered on the saturday, that was all. read the thread and you'll find out it wasn't. Or the monday. The tuesday. The wednesday. And so on.

Read the thread and you'll find out that they were horrifically unhelpful on the phone.

Read the thread and you'll find out that it came with bits missing, and they're being arsey about sorting out their mess.

Just, you know, read the thread...
    First class isn't guaranteed on Saturday, hence the need for a Saturday service. So I'm saying you don't really have the right to moan about it being there on Saturday.

As for taking longer to come after that, then yeah you are right.

I think it depends who you speak to at OcUK, not sure how many staff they employ but for instance:

Someone on the forums had some memory which failed with three errors at memtest. Sent it back on RMA and they tested, passed the product, sent it back and charged a 10 pound fee for testing.

He spoke to someone else about it, and they refunded the memory.

Thanks
    I actually had one good experience with them the other day. Requested a copy of an invoice from 2 years ago, got a reply quickly about it being posted and I got it the next day.

Thanks
    • CrazyMonkey's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M4N98TD Evo
      • CPU:
      • Phenom II X6 1055T @ 4.1ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 Dominator @ 1700mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120GB OCZ Vertex 2E - 1TB Hitatchi
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2x 460 1GB
      • PSU:
      • 850W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT02R-WRI Ltd.Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7, XP, Server2008 RC1, Gentoo
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Acer LED - 22" Belinea - 19" Samsung - 19" IIyama
      • Internet:
      • 50 MB Virgin Media Cable
    I have had no problems with OcUk, i think there postage is excellent although pricey...

But there goods arrive on time and usually next working day, i can say scan have taken around a week longer to deliver on two orders before whereas OcUk havent, but i am not paying for delivery on scan so...

Registered+
    Thanks
    • pitbull46's system
      • Motherboard:
      • EVGA 122-CK-NF68 NF680i SLi S775 SATA II
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping (2.4GHz 1066MHz)
      • Memory:
      • Corsair® 4GB DDR2 XMS2 Dominator DHX PC2-9136 TwinX (4x1GB
      • Storage:
      • 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda SATA2 7200rpm 16MB cache
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2x 768MB EVGA e-GeForce 8800 Ultra's
      • PSU:
      • Enermax 1000W EGX1000EWL-DXX V2 Galaxy
      • Case:
      • CoolerMaster Stacker 832
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG L245WP Black Widescreen LCD, 1920x1200,
      • Internet:
      • 8Meg+
    I bought some pc Security from them about 18 months ago, it said on the website FULL RETAIL, so i bought it, only to find out it was "OEM", i rang them for an explanation and the guy said, " oh well never mind", no refund nothing.
    The F-Secure security worked fine, but i would of liked to have known it was OEM instead of FULL RETAIL, lesson learned about overclockers.co.uk once bitten twice shy.

Thanks
    Apologies, it's long....

Up until last September when a large number of accounts were lost with a massive website update, I had nothing but glowing praise for Overclockers. Okay, it was pain to reregister when you expect your details not to go walkies, but, it happens.

That started to change from that point forward. Products still arrived punctually at excellent prices, but I noticed range was dwindling, or so it seemed.

Then my old system required a rebuild. So I purchased a spanky new Antec P180. Got here a day later, I was very impressed. Until I tried to fit my HDDs (not the four listed on my present system) to the lower drive cage, then remove the unit. Not happening. I tried everything short of breaking the damned part out of the case. I desperation, I called their tech support line for advice and hopefully confirmation that breaking the cage out to rescue the drives would not invalidate my claim for an RMA (and having changed my mind over the case, a refund).

After five calls to the tech line to ask if breaking it was allowed, and receiving nothing but, "You've got to get the disks out", careful to not tell me I *could* break it or offer any help at all, I decided to, and to hell with the consequences. I was getting annoyed at their lack of support. I was trying to get to someone with sufficient rank to okay it, and not.

I managed to free the cage, removed the disks and after fighting with the tech line and the webnote system, I managed to get confirmation that I could RMA the case. A member of staff had somehow, in the meantime to incorrectly identify the reason, despite the number of calls and referencing the RMA number twice just to get recognition.

After a total of nine calls and three days of trying to get somewhere, I had to cajole them into *sending* the courier that I had been told in the second phone call *would* be dispatched. It was 20kg package. What, were they expecting me to pay postage to return a huge mass that they had shipped to me faulty? I was growing more and more unhappy with this company. The package left by Citylink.

I though that was the end of my troubles. Oh, how wrong.

A further six working days later, I'd heard nothing so after three more phonecalls I was told the package had been delivered that morning. I was told my RMA would be dealt with. I'd had enough. Nine working days for this? The package had to go from Birmingham to Stoke, not Sudetenland. I wrote to the company expressing mys displeasure at the service, to a name I had been given at OCers. I explained as much as possible, days and numbers of calls listed and so on. I had no reply. So three days later, I sent an updated copy of the same letter to their *Managing Director at his home address*.

That worked.

My parents house (where my payment card was still registered to, never got round to altering it what with moving house at Uni lots and the relocating again to rented accommodation for work) was telephoned twice with escalating levels of management starting about three hours after the letter would have landed on the MD's doormat. As luck would have it, I'd gone over to say hi and the second call came when I was there. I spoke to a Mr.M******* and was profusely apologized to, told that questions had been asked at very high levels and this wouldn't happen again. I was also told not only was the refund *now* sanctioned (so it *hadn't* been when I was told it had four days previous), that I was welcome to a replacement case as well to the value £50 more than the original purchase. I didn't need one. I'd been to Scan in the meantime.

I told Mr.M****** that there was nothing they could offer me as I had all the parts I needed now. In reply I was informed that if I needed anything in the future that Mr.M****** would ensure I was taken care of and was offered free shipping and discounts for whatever I wanted to buy.

Well, that was certainly better.

A few weeks passed. My little brother's system was now toast. Tabbing up some parts to rebuild him an entry-level box, I got in touch with Mr.M*******, only to find out he'd forgotten who I was. After refreshing his memory with the mention of writing to the MD, I was told to e-mail the order to him for his personal discount and sorting out. It wasn't a rush job and I said so at the foot of the e-mail.

Once bitten, twice shy. I requested both delivery note and read note for the e-mail. The read note didn't arrive. I called him again five working days later...

I think you know where this is going.

Now, eight working days later and five more phone calls including one pickup-hangup, I finally managed to get the system order processed. The total discount? 10%, about 30 quid.

My wasted time fighting these people to get some service? About twelve hours. Adequate recompense?

When I return to work this Monday, their Managing Director will receive one more letter, explaining why he's never getting my custom again.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • pitbull46's system
      • Motherboard:
      • EVGA 122-CK-NF68 NF680i SLi S775 SATA II
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping (2.4GHz 1066MHz)
      • Memory:
      • Corsair® 4GB DDR2 XMS2 Dominator DHX PC2-9136 TwinX (4x1GB
      • Storage:
      • 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda SATA2 7200rpm 16MB cache
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2x 768MB EVGA e-GeForce 8800 Ultra's
      • PSU:
      • Enermax 1000W EGX1000EWL-DXX V2 Galaxy
      • Case:
      • CoolerMaster Stacker 832
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG L245WP Black Widescreen LCD, 1920x1200,
      • Internet:
      • 8Meg+
    http://www.custompc.co.uk/

Are doing a survey from hardware/software/ retailers, your chance let them know what you think of them and overclockers uk.
    Last edited by pitbull46; 16-06-2007 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks
    • EzyRyder's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP-35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3.1Ghz + Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme (with AS5)
      • Memory:
      • 4GB OCZ ReaperHZ PC2-8000 5-5-5-15
      • Storage:
      • OCZ Vertex 2E 60GB + 500GB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte 460 GTX 1GB
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 480-U1
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC7 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP (rev 04) + Dell SoundBar AS501
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 10MB
    I have ordered from Overclockers a few times in the past and never had a problem with them. TBH, I've had problems with Komplett.co.uk and with Dabs.com the only two times I've ordered with them.

YoYo Tech are good too.

Thanks
    • asteroth's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI NF4 SLI-DR Expert
      • CPU:
      • Opteron 165
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Corsair
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Spinpoints
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Evga 8800 GTS 320
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 12+ 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC60 Black
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20 inch wide
      • Internet:
      • Be
    all e-tailors fek up, nature of the beast. the mark of excellent service is not a successful transaction; which OcUK can just about manage; the mark of excellent service is how you rectify the problem. Scan and Kustom are the best at this and will always get my business. OcUK can go to hell.

Registered+
    Thanks
    OcUK have the worst customer service ever. I tried to RMA something once and after 2 weeks of waiting they sent back my product, I opened the box to find it exactly how I packed it when I sent it off and it was clear they hadn't even looked at it let alone repaired it, so it was no surprise that is still didn't work. I had to argue for 2 more weeks with their customer service before I got another RMA number.

Thanks
    • RRRuss's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B-Premium Vista Edition
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Duo E6600 @ 2.7GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Geil (4x1GB Modules)
      • Storage:
      • Seagate 7200.11 500GB & Seagate 7200.10 320GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia 8800 GTS 512MB (G92)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Antec 900
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32" LG7000 LCD TV @ 1080P
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20MB
    I had to consult Trading Standards and quote all manner of legal responsibilities before I could get an RMA number out of them on an Asus mobo... I won't be buying from them again. Ever.

Thanks
    • Dorza's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Deluxe - WiFi
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @ 3.06Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Crucial
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung SpinPoint
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce 9600GT
      • PSU:
      • Cosair HX520W
      • Case:
      • LianLi something something or other
      • Monitor(s):
      • Eizo FlexScan S1910 (1280*1024)
      • Internet:
      • 2mb Virgin (when they want to give me that: else 1mb)
    Quote Originally Posted by asteroth View Post
    all e-tailors fek up, nature of the beast. the mark of excellent service is not a successful transaction; which OcUK can just about manage; the mark of excellent service is how you rectify the problem. Scan and Kustom are the best at this and will always get my business. OcUK can go to hell.
    Hit the nail on the head. Its what happens after the sale that counts the most. When some of the people above start having real issues, they may find out what the rest of us are on about. The manner in which they deal with customer service and complaints is utterly abysmal; how their still trading is beyond me, because they must surely get refereed to trading standards or similar regularly. They can get stuffed and rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

Registered+
    Thanks
    been shopping with them for years never had a problem. Obviously with there massive amounts of sales theres going to be some complaints as no one is perfect. saying that tho i have no brand loyalty to them i will go wherever is cheapest

Thanks
    I think Overclockers are particularly bad at the moment though. I used to shop there almost exclusively and I've put up the thick end of 7500 posts on their forums (the technical ones, helping sell more stuff for them) and the carp that I've had out of them trying to get some Crucial Anniversary RAM sorted out is appalling. They'll get no more of my money. No matter how attractive the offer.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • twoblacklines's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte DS3
      • CPU:
      • E6300@3.2ghz (normally 2.8ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 2gb Geil ULL PC6400
      • Storage:
      • 250gb Barracuda 7200.10
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG Geforce 8800 GTX OC1
      • PSU:
      • OCZ GameStream 600w
      • Case:
      • Antec 900
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG L22S4LR
      • Internet:
      • 1MBIT AOL UK
    i hate their attitude on the forums, the whole holier than everyone else vibe.

and you cant say anything bad about products, they encorage reviews and ban you if you put up any negative points.

bunch of racist pirates :@

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaxe1 View Post
    been shopping with them for years never had a problem. Obviously with there massive amounts of sales theres going to be some complaints as no one is perfect. saying that tho i have no brand loyalty to them i will go wherever is cheapest
    Problem is OC uks md thinks they are perfect & anyone claiming otherwise is a liar! homophobic, racist bully boy IMHO.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wja96 View Post
    I think Overclockers are particularly bad at the moment though. I used to shop there almost exclusively and I've put up the thick end of 7500 posts on their forums (the technical ones, helping sell more stuff for them) and the carp that I've had out of them trying to get some Crucial Anniversary RAM sorted out is appalling. They'll get no more of my money. No matter how attractive the offer.
    I think the problem with that is Crucial themselves. Not defending OcUK, but Crucial don't usually replace Anniversary with Anniversary either (from the posts I've seen), so that OcUK don't should be much of a surprise - and Crucial are reputed to have one of the very best RMAing set ups in the business.

Quote Originally Posted by twoblacklines View Post
    i hate their attitude on the forums, the whole holier than everyone else vibe.

and you cant say anything bad about products, they encorage reviews and ban you if you put up any negative points.
    I love their forums. When I've had a hard day, and used up all the threads Hexus have to offer, I head over to the OcUK forums for a bit of a laugh. How an 'overclocking' forum can be so full of people asking the silliest questions is beyond me.

I mean, currently in the software section, there's a guy asking how to stop some pop-ups...
    Last edited by this_is_gav; 12-07-2007 at 09:37 AM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information