Page 56 of 146 FirstFirst ... 6162636465354555657585966768696106 ... LastLast

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maruko
    well i have news, not so good but im still trying

i edit this settings..

VIDEOCONFIG value="">
    <SNAPSHOT_FOLDER value="C:\Documents and Settings\Marko\Mis documentos\Mis imágenes\Snapshot\Video Snapshot" />
    <DEFAULT_FOLDER value="C:\Documents and Settings\Marko\Mis documentos\Mis vídeos" />
    <CAPTURED_FOLDER value="C:\Documents and Settings\Marko\Mis documentos\Mis vídeos" />
    <VIDEO_BROWSEFOLDER value="C:\Documents and Settings\Marko\Mis documentos\Mis vídeos" /

i change that location to c:/ all of them

this ones too

TV_CONFIG value="">
    <PROFILE_NAME value="Better" />
    <WORKING_FOLDER value="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documentos\Mis vídeos\Programas de TV grabados" />
    <SNAPSHOT_FOLDER value="C:\Documents and Settings\Marko\Mis documentos\Mis imágenes\Snapshot\TV Snapshot" />

same thing here....
    went to load powercinema app., try to record anything and..... the file still appear in the same place it was on default

im gonna keep looking at it, at least we know if the bitrate setting can be change, some other things may too...

i try to do it all again and check if the changes i made still there, i found that the changes i made return to the default ones, soo im confused
    Stupid question, but after you changed the settings, did you save? What program are you using to edit the settings? Also, after you make the changes, can you please open PC and check the stated save location? I seem to recall it is under videos, and it shows at least a part of the path. It almost looks like they intended to give us an option on saving---but didn't.

Thanks

S.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlslcbr
    Yes, it could be because of the noise reduction filters, but the options can't be changed.
    The actual capture resolution was not related to the softness of the image.
    If you look at http://www.doom9.org/capture/capture_window.html you will understand what I'm talking about.

Oh you don't have to convince me. As I said apparent "sharpness" has little to do with resolution past a certain number of lines. What you'e talking about is somewhat easy to see. It was clear in one of those reviews that was posted here. You could see it in the comparison between the Theater 550 and an AIW card using a very similar tuner, but without all that fancy noise reduction. I must say Theater 550's pictures were definitely more accurate color wise and aspect ratio was dead on.... not to mention resolution.

Jonas

Thanks

Video Capture Filters

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdhinn
    I'm assuming noise reduction is set at "medium". In VideoVegas I can access the capture properties such as comb filter/noise etc (none work as noted by others of course) and while those not greyed out like sharpness let me adjust settings, noise reduction doesn't... it's set at medium and that's all you get.

Virtual VCR and (I think) even Nero Vision Express allows you to change filter settings.

Jonas

Thanks
    So does GraphEdit, but if you change the options, the filters seem to ignore them; the options don't work. (that's why I've been asking for new drivers...)

Registered+
    Thanks
    yes im saving the changed settings, im using the notepad, and you can only see where the files are gonna be saved but can´t change that
    msi k8n diamond - amd64 3000+ - xp90 - corsair twinx pc4400 2x512mb - evga 7800gtx - powercolor ati theather 550 pro - ocz modstream 450w

Thanks
    Did you change the settings for ALL the presets (good, better, best)?

BTW, now I can't get synchronised audio...

Thanks
    Did you change the settings for ALL the presets (good, better, best)?

BTW, now I can't get synchronised audio...
    Does adjustment of the presets cause a loss of audio sync?

Registered+
    Thanks
    no, i only edit the better preset, the good and the best are the same as they were...

and not for me, i didnt lost the audio sync, my output file its ok
    msi k8n diamond - amd64 3000+ - xp90 - corsair twinx pc4400 2x512mb - evga 7800gtx - powercolor ati theather 550 pro - ocz modstream 450w

Thanks
    No...the audio synch issue doesn't have anything to do with editing the presets; I don't even have PowerCinema installed (don't like using my hard drive for storing rubbish).
    BTW, I made a little test with shrek 2, to see the level of detail captured with the card, and discovered something I wasn't expecting...
    First, the image is shifted to the right a few pixels (not sure if this is because of my DVD player or the card). Second, the colours produced are different to the source. And finally, the captures aren't too soft (set the noise reduction filter to 'none')
    Here are the images (bmp format, captured using virtualdubmod, converted to png by imageshack):
    Original image:
    http://img118.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img118&image=o14vc.png

Captured image (Raw avi):
    http://img136.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img136&image=t11ez.png

MPEG-2 encoded by the card:
    http://img55.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img55&image=1m7kq.png

BTW, they were captured through S-Video
    Last edited by hrlslcbr; 20-03-2005 at 07:36 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbaganoush
    Look in:
    X:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Powercinema\Config.xml

There are some paths in there, but I haven't tried to edit it..
    Can't find the path. Can you check it?

I made the bitrate change for "better" to 3000000 min, 4500000 target and 6200000 max. It works fine.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maruko
    well i have news, not so good but im still trying

i edit this settings..

VIDEOCONFIG value="">
    <SNAPSHOT_FOLDER value="C:\Documents and Settings\Marko\Mis documentos\Mis imágenes\Snapshot\Video Snapshot" />
    <DEFAULT_FOLDER value="C:\Documents and Settings\Marko\Mis documentos\Mis vídeos" />
    <CAPTURED_FOLDER value="C:\Documents and Settings\Marko\Mis documentos\Mis vídeos" />
    <VIDEO_BROWSEFOLDER value="C:\Documents and Settings\Marko\Mis documentos\Mis vídeos" /

i change that location to c:/ all of them

this ones too

TV_CONFIG value="">
    <PROFILE_NAME value="Better" />
    <WORKING_FOLDER value="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documentos\Mis vídeos\Programas de TV grabados" />
    <SNAPSHOT_FOLDER value="C:\Documents and Settings\Marko\Mis documentos\Mis imágenes\Snapshot\TV Snapshot" />

same thing here....
    went to load powercinema app., try to record anything and..... the file still appear in the same place it was on default

im gonna keep looking at it, at least we know if the bitrate setting can be change, some other things may too...

i try to do it all again and check if the changes i made still there, i found that the changes i made return to the default ones, soo im confused
    I have modified my "Better" recording option, and it works. I also edited the config.xml file that now allows me to save composite and s-video recordings to various locations on my D drive. However, it keeps resetting the working folders for TV recordings, so recordings continue to be placed on C drive. Has anyone had luck saving TV shows recorded through the tuner to a slave drive?

S.
    Last edited by satnav4; 19-03-2005 at 07:58 AM.

Thanks
    Can anyone with a GameCube and the S-Video cable post screenshots of some captures? I want to see how much picture quality improves compared to the standard composite cable.
    Cheers.

Registered+
    Thanks
    i just reinstall my o.s. and now i notice that my output files of recorded tv, has many lines, dont know what that means, or whats causing the problem, before the output file looked as good as the when it was captured

my problem its only when i see the captured video files, the live transmision its ok, would it be codecs? had you suffered from this behavior?

Thanks
    Can anyone with a GameCube and the S-Video cable post screenshots of some captures? I want to see how much picture quality improves compared to the standard composite cable.
    Cheers.
    No game cube here--I have GAMEKIDS.

Anyway, I joined your school of "no more cybertrash". I deleted the Cyberlink program from my computer. Unfortunately, it corrupted other software by sharing files, which could not be removed cleanly. I got to the point I could not even restore anymore. I did a clean install of XP, and elected to keep the Cyberlink software on the sidelines. I had done a clean install less than a month ago.

I did however install MMC 9.06 to run my AIW card. When I click on the quick launch bar, I get an "error I must close" warning. This is on a clean install with only basic programs. My card is a 9800 PRO, which is not that old. This is sad.

My questions about proper third party support for the 550 remain deeply buried in this thread where only the most diligent researcher will see them. Despite apparent good intentions, ATI has not gotten around to answering how they will fix things for those offered, but denied, MMC support. For this reason I will start a new thread where the first entry raising the major points will be easy to find.

The new thread is here:The ATI Theater 550 Chip, Where's The Beef?

S.
    Last edited by satnav4; 20-03-2005 at 03:45 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Hi, been there done that, I have only posted a few, but gots lots to say,.
    You can read my post at http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...post1333559100.
    Hope thats OK to link here, I just happen to find rage before this forum.
    Any way to make my long painful story short.
    You can get ( I still do !) MMC 9.03 or 9.06 to function OK with the Elite 550 and
    Powercinema present on the same machine.
    The 550 is even installed with 9.03 as TV 2 but it hangs( PVR function hangs)
    The error you see is from mmc.exe. Its caused by the remote plus.
    I must give ATI support credit for this one.
    The fix for the MMC.exe is to uninstall MMC 9.X...
    Select DO NOT retain custom setting AND DO NOT delete the .txt files !.
    OK so ATI says MMC doesnt support the 550 BUT, It sure is 99 %
    when installed this way with 9.03. Maybe we can get an effort in the forums to fucus
    on fixing why the PVR feature just locks up the video at random the way it does.
    BUT this is curious, I am still trying to graph my setup.
    I also have the DTV wonder functional in this setup too.
    INSTALL PROCEDURE SUMMARY
    1) use ATIs uninstall all utility:
    2)after reboot install Catalyst 5.3 drivers including capture.
    3)install from the TV Wonder elite CD all but the drivers.
    4)install from the AIW CD all but the drivers again and the REMOTE Wonder during MMC install
    5)MMC should now have TV1 and TV2 and in my case DTV options,
    at this point you will get an error launching any of the MMC apps.
    6) Uninstall MMC 9.X from add/remove programs.
    Choose DO NOT retain custom settings and DO NOT delete the files in question.
    I believe there is remote.txt info thats needed.
    7) re install MMC ( I noticed the remote wont be auto selected- thats OK).
    8) watch TV 1,DTV and TV2( The 550 ! Works perfectly except the PVR freeze ).
    Hope others get this far. Looking into a workaround, I have already disabled the PVR function in the registry but I lost audio and it still hung anyway.
    Good Luck.
    Last edited by AIW_VID_FAN; 15-06-2005 at 02:27 AM. Reason: details

Registered+
    Thanks
    My last plea to ATI for MMC support (one of several)for the 550 got a VERY funny response.
    I think ATI support must be a little bit frazzled at this point!!!
    I even replied to them asking for permission to post there response HERE.
    I got NO response from them, so here it is. THIS IS 100% ATI's RESPONSE.
    I did Not edit it !. I guess ATI JUST DOES NOT CARE !

We have responded to your issue.
    Solution: We appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately, at this time, there are plans for ATI MMC support for the TV Wonder Elite. The product has been licensed with Cyberlink to use their Power Cinema software. It's possible this may change in the future.
    Ticket Information:
    Ticket #
    LOL

Thread Information