Thread: System Restore

Thanks

System Restore

I am desperatly trying to return my machine to its factory settings. I have spent nearly 2 days trying. I have had MESH XTREME 64 fx53 for 3 years which has started to crash. I have everything backed up so decided to do a system restore to rid myself of all the junk from the previous 3 years but evertime i it started it would display 0% progress and then jump straight back out the Recovery Menu Screen. I have tried booting from the Recovery disk but that shows that the Drives are unknown and if i try to Install anyway i am left with the Blue Screen!! Anyone any ideas?

Thanks
    What I would have suggest you do is use the MESH Recovery Disc and repair the installation or restore to default settings. If you have the disc and want to go back to default setting (I'm assuming your using XP), then here are the instructions:
    Mesh Computers PLC - Restoring Factory Settings

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Important Note

Performing this procedure will wipe all personal data and software added since you received your system. Once the data has been wiped from the disk, there is no way of recovering that data. If possible, it is strongly advised that before following these guides, you back up all important data on your hard disk to CDs by using Nero Burning ROM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Booting Into The Recovery Wizard

Switch on your PC, You will be presented with a black screen and white writing, or alternatively, a logo screen introducing Asus, continuously tap on F10 on your keyboard throughout this procedure.

Note: If you find that by tapping F10 that your system continues to boot up as normal please check to see if you have the "F LOCK" key enabled on your keyboard. (This only applies to the Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard)

If this has been done correctly you will see the following message displayed on your screen:

NTDETECT... CHECKING HARDWARE...

You may also see a few flickering of white text scroll across the screen at this point.

Restore The Factory Settings

Once this is complete you will be presented with the Mesh Computers PLC System Recovery Wizard.

The option you are to use is a hidden option within the wizard that will enable you to bring your system back to its factory settings.

On the left hand side of the wizard you will see an image of a Mesh PC. Below the picture you will see a small dot with a line going vertically upwards towards the image of the PC. Our logo should also be displayed directly to the right of the small dot.

Once you have located the dot, hold down the SHIFT key and use your left mouse button to click on the dot.

Click on NEXT and you will see an option displayed to restore your system back to its factory settings. This option is displayed in red. Select this option by putting a black dot in the circle next to the description and click on NEXT.

The wizard will then continue to take you through the reinstallation of your system and return it back to its factory settings.

After performing this task set by the guide, you will need to reinstall all of the software you have added to your system, since you first received it.

In no way are Mesh responsible/liable for any data lost during this process, use the recovery option as a last resort only.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To show your appreciation, please press the 'thank user' button.

3. Received thanks from:

Davey W (30-07-2007)

Thanks
    Thanks for the information. This is the procedure that i followed but was unable to get past 0% progress before the routine would dump me back at the "3 stage" repair menu. Thats why i decided to try to just boot straight from the recovery disk and re-install from there. However i then have the problem of the hard drives not being detected.

When i watch the start up screens as the computer attempts to boot i can see it scanning IDE drives and finding the two drives and stating that they are functional. However in the main BIOS screen the Primary IDE Master and slave are not detected. If i step across to the BOOT menu and select Hard Disk Drives it shows 1st and 2nd drives as [FT TX Ary 1] and [FT TX Ary 2]

Spoke to MESH Tech and they advised me to disconnect power and data cables to each drive then reconnect and try again. Unfortunately still have same problems. Help! Anybody! Please?!

MESH Computers Group
    Thanks
    Hi p.j.rourke,

Could you enter your Mesh order Number into the box provided within your http://forums.hexus.net/profile.php?do=editprofile please?

I'll need to check on what hardware you have in order to advise further.

Davey

Thread Information