Antec Home Antec Info Antec products Where to buy Antec support Antec enclosures Antec PSUs Antec media components Antec accessories Antec cooling Antec 80 PLUS products
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HEXUS.winners win4FREE competitions: win an Antec Mini P180 chassis and TruePower PSU

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

HEXUS.winners win4FREE competitions: win an Antec Mini P180 chassis and TruePower PSU

To celebrate the launch of its Antec.care@HEXUS forum, Antec is giving away four chassis - and it's throwing in 750W PSUs, too!
    Read more.

Thanks
    • Hawker1986's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Biostar Tpower X58A / Gigabyte X58A-UD5
      • CPU:
      • i7 950@4Ghz TRUE / i7 920@4Ghz H50-1
      • Memory:
      • 6GB Crucial Ballistix@1336mhz / 6GB Corsair XMS3@1528mhz
      • Storage:
      • 128GB G.Skill Falcon + 1.5TB + 2x400GB / Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD + 1.5TB + 500GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5850@825/1150 / 5870@900/1300
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Liberty 620W / Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Antec P182 / Silverstone FT02B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 Ultimate / Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell E248WFP 24" / Benq G2420HDBL 24"
      • Internet:
      • 10mb Virgin Cable / 24mb Talk Talk ADSL

Re: HEXUS.winners win4FREE competitions: win an Antec Mini P180 chassis and TruePower

Well I love the fact that they make quiet cases which seperate the heat into different chambers and allow good cable management thats great inovation and just what an enthusiast wants. I love the tri-cool fans so I can choose what performance I have from my fan. Antec cases always look stylish and modern and inside have a quality feel.

I hate...nothing really, but if I had to pick some niggles it would be the fact antec tend to use plastic as their base matieral for the cladding (I know its acoustically better and cheaper but aluminium has a certain something about it). Also pertaining to that the clips on the sides are plastic and can be broken relatively easily, which is annoying.

Thanks,

Hawker
    Last edited by Hawker1986; 11-03-2009 at 03:11 PM. Reason: poor grammer :S
    Media Centre: C2D E5300@3.6Ghz : Gigabyte G31M-ES2L : 2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR21066@1106mhz : Sapphire HD5450 : Haupaggue WinTV Nova-T 500 : Seasonic 380W : Corsair X32 32GB SSD : WD 250GB HDD : LG Blu-Ray/HDDVD ROM DVD-RW : Scythe Shuriken BIG Quiet : Lian-Li PC-C37 :
    WHS: Zotac 8200 M-ITX WIFI : AMD 4850e : 4GB G.Skill DDR21000 : 6x2TB : Scythe Shuriken Rev.B Quiet LP : Fractal Design Mini Array R2 :
    Laptop: Packard Bell EasyNote BG45-U-300 : 12" : Dual Core T2390 1.87Ghz : 2GB DDR2800 : Corsair X32 32GB SSD : Intel GMA X3100 :

Thanks

Re: HEXUS.winners win4FREE competitions: win an Antec Mini P180 chassis and TruePower

I always think their cases look smarter than most other, they give you the sense they're the latest cutting edge designs in both performance & often looks.

The only negative thing I can think of is cost, I appreciate the quality but sometimes they are more expensive & I feel alternatives are available offering similar spec but at reduced prices.

Thanks

Love the innovation of the internal layouts and the overall cooling performance. It's clear Antec really think about their designs, unlike some other high profile chassis manufacturers who make the internals look impressive, but they lack the performance. Won't name names...

I dislike some of the external styling decisions. For example, on the mini 180 case -- which is very sleek in many ways -- There's an arrow fletching-like fan grill on the top of the case. Not my sort of thing. Just seems unnecessary visual pollution on an otherwise good looking case.
    Intel Core2 E2200 @ 3.2GHz | Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme | DFI Infinity 975X/G | 2x2GB Corsair PC2-6400 |
    Powercolor 4890 + T-Rad2 + VRM-2 | Samsung F3 1TB HDD | Seasonic M12 700W | Lian Li A05NB + 140mm fan top panel |

Thanks
    • Platinum's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X99 Deluxue
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 5930k @ 4GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32gb Crucial 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 256gb Samsung SP941, 1tb MX500 Crucial SSD, 240gb Intel 730 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 Fury OC
      • PSU:
      • 750 Watt Corsair HX
      • Case:
      • Corsiar 750D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2408WFP
      • Internet:
      • 18Mb

Quite a few things I love about there chassis's, they are very well built and sturdy, loads of room to work with and generally have very good airflow, also there lower end chassis's are very nicely priced but don’t skimp on quality, generally there’s at least 1x 12cm fan and its solidly built.
    They always look good and stylish without being to chav.
    In short, great bulid quality, good value and great performance.

I dislike the fact that sometimes they take a few revisions to get it right, P180 for example, had one, cable routing was a pain, P182 fixed most of the issues.
    Salazaar : <Touching wood as I write this...>

Thanks

Likes - The great things about Antec chassis have to be the quality and the innovation. For example the introduction of the chambers in the original P180. The Three Hundred may well be cheap, but it is more impressive than rival 2x or even 3x the price. The attention to detail makes a huge difference, especially when it comes to hiding cables.

Dislikes - Current range is difficult to water cool without serious modding. Skeleton chassis was a good concept poorly executed, especially with regards to the lack of space for a aftermarket CPU cooler.

Thanks
    • tigertop1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P67A-GD53
      • CPU:
      • Corei5-2600K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 120GB SSD +2TB Hard drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 560Ti
      • Case:
      • NZXT Phantom
      • Operating System:
      • W7-64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer GD245-HQ

I like good simple design, good quality components(fans excepted),solid last a lifetime feeling about the cases from 300 to 1200 range

I really dislike the noisy fans and inability to use Fan Controllers in the 300 and 900 series coupled with the irritating can't reach 3 way switch.

Time to rethink cooling hardware to match the overall excellent product

Thanks

Love the fact they are giving away there cases in this competition

hate the fact that being in UK im either excluded from most competitions ( damn you engadget) or generally i just never win!

Thanks
    • EzyRyder's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP-35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3.1Ghz + Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme (with AS5)
      • Memory:
      • 4GB OCZ ReaperHZ PC2-8000 5-5-5-15
      • Storage:
      • OCZ Vertex 2E 60GB + 500GB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte 460 GTX 1GB
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 480-U1
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC7 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP (rev 04) + Dell SoundBar AS501
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 10MB

What I like most about the Antec Chassis?

1) Well thought-out designs, making practical use of every inch of “real estate” inside the case.
    2) Really attractive looking cases – they look both classy and modern at the same time.
    3) Cooling and acoustics – it is really impressive to see how you can fit a very loud CPU fan inside and you can barely hear it outside without decreasing the cooling abilities.
    4) Professional presentation – the cases come very smartly packed and presented.

There are no many things that I dislike about Antec Chassis but the main niggles are:

1) Plastic materials sometimes used in the construction due to acoustic reasons but this affects the durability of some parts.
    2) Weight of the case – these cases are heavier than others from the competition that only use aluminium.
    Last edited by EzyRyder; 12-03-2009 at 12:35 PM.

DDY
    Thanks
    • DDY's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z390M Pro 4
      • CPU:
      • i5 9600k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Adata SX8200 NVME 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 5700
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 550W
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2715H

I Love:

The 'plain' look, no fancy bits, makes modding easier and looks the business,
    Thick (strong) steal even on the cheaper cases,
    Great construction,
    Generally well built

I dislike,

The use of rivets rather than screws in some areas which slightly hinders modding,
    In general the cases aren't as modular as they could be.

Thanks
    • format's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6750 @ 3.2ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB GSkill PC8000
      • Storage:
      • WD500GB+750GB F1 + 250GB external drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce GTX260
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520w
      • Case:
      • Antec P182 + 3 x Nexus fans
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" DGM
      • Internet:
      • BeThere* Pro

1) What do you love about Antec chassis?

I love Antec cases because the P182 the best case I've ever had. I'm a bit fussy when it comes to quiet computing so I spent ages and ages trawling the internet looking for the absolute best case with regard to silence that I could buy without busting the bank. The P182 was available for around &#163;90 which, although the price had increased from around &#163;70, was still a good price.
    Great cable management, very quiet, solid construction, good cooling especially with the compartments, and it looks great too

edit: Working closely with the community (SPCR) to ensure a quality product is something I think should happen a lot more)

2) What do you dislike about Antec chassis?

The tri-cool fans could be quieter. I bought some new fans to replace them because even on low I found they were a bit too loud.
    IMO there could also be just a tad more clearance between the back of the motherboard tray and the side panel, allowing for easier cable management.
    Last edited by format; 11-03-2009 at 07:58 PM.
    ~'Armaments, universal debt, and planned obsolescence--those are the three pillars of Western prosperity'~ Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    • CK_1985's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-H87N-WiFi mini-ITX
      • CPU:
      • i5-4670K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GeForce GTX660ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone Strider 450W SFX
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Sugo SG-05
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414H
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity Fibre

What I love about Antec cases is that they don't put form over function. All their cases, even the gamer series, are understated and subtly classy in appearance but no corners are ever cut on functionality. They're great for people who want a case that does it's job properly, without demanding attention all the time.

What I hate is that the range doesn't include a budget microATX model - I'm in the process of building a portable second PC and Antec don't have anything that meets my needs that I can afford! A miniaturised version of the ThreeHundred would be great please!

jim
    Thanks
    • jim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Sandisk SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX650
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT03
      • Operating System:
      • 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • 10 Mbps ADSL

I love the simple and clean design, looks professional but still feels like a serious piece of gaming kit, with enough fans to cool efficiently and placed intelligently enough to stay quiet, along with more than adequate room for any hardware I could ever possibly want to buy.

Sometimes I wish I had a few more cable management options, and the odd fan guard to stop my SATA cables getting in the way of the fan blades - that and remote keyfob locking for the front door

Thanks
    • TAKTAK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 970 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT 50th Anniversary
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet SFX-L 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-O11 Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb FTTP

Just pure and simple elegance, just like Lian Li they don't churn out new chassis models everyday but the ones that they turn out are good quality and easy to build with.
    Also they are fairly priced compared to some other manufacturers with a more down to earth pricing strategy.

TBPH i can't think of any, obviously certain cases have areas that could be improved, but overall, there isn't really anything i dislike...
    Post Counts and Other Rewards, Rules, Folding@Home, Fans: Push vs Pull vs Push-Pull, Corsair PSU OEMs.

Quote Originally Posted by razer121 View Post
    Would you like me to enter you? it would be my pleasure
    TAKTAK.co.uk

Registered+
    Thanks

* The compartmental cooling system
    * Good noise reduction for hard drive and fan fixings

* Easy to scratch surface
    * Poor access to right hand side of case
    * Poor fan filter quality
    Last edited by mat-ster; 12-03-2009 at 02:07 AM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • SuGaR847's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 920 @ 2.66 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 6GB OCZ Core i7 @ 1333 MHz
      • Storage:
      • Intel X25-M G2 160 GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB
      • PSU:
      • Tagan PipeRock 900W
      • Case:
      • CoolerMaster Cosmos Pure
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS VH226H

Pros
    -Good cooling
    -Practical
    -Value for money

Cons
    -Simplistic design for lower end models

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information