Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News - EA confirms Battlefield 4 beta for autumn 2013

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - EA confirms Battlefield 4 beta for autumn 2013

Wants you to pre-order Medal of Honor: Warfighter in order to gain exclusive access.
    Read more.

Thanks
    • Roobubba's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P55 GD60
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 860 @ 3.58GHz (Megahalems + Apache)
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Patriot Viper DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 80GB Intel X25-M + bunch of HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 5870 + Earplugs.
      • PSU:
      • TAGAN 800W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V1110 (bit disappointing)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24" LCD (TN)
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20MBit

Re: News - EA confirms Battlefield 4 beta for autumn 2013

I wouldn't buy MoH anyway, but $70?! Seriously?! Sounds as though they're trying to charge players twice for BF4!

Thanks
    • raven1001's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 8GB corsair
      • Storage:
      • Corsiar 60GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX480
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • lian li
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 20WGX2
      • Internet:
      • BT 20MB

RIP battlefield, EA suck the life out of all the best games/franchise's. BF4 will be rushed out to beat MW4 to market as was BF3 to beat MW3, the obligatory beta in September to for-fill the MOHWF pre-orders then expect the same bug ridden half finished game in October. A game focused on consoles and dumb casual gameplay, on PC battlefield is an embarrassment compared to past games like BF2 and 2142. BF3/4 is and will be designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, console scrubs. I as a PC gamer I will look elsewhere for my FPS gaming.

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

I really hope BF4 integrates into the BF3 battlelog and acts almost like a huge expansion

Quote Originally Posted by raven1001 View Post
    RIP battlefield, EA suck the life out of all the best games/franchise's. BF4 will be rushed out to beat MW4 to market as was BF3 to beat MW3, the obligatory beta in September to for-fill the MOHWF pre-orders then expect the same bug ridden half finished game in October. A game focused on consoles and dumb casual gameplay, on PC battlefield is an embarrassment compared to past games like BF2 and 2142. BF3/4 is and will be designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, console scrubs. I as a PC gamer I will look elsewhere for my FPS gaming.
    Actually BF3 has proved itself to be a lot more than that, its had its set backs (i.e. the big patch before the most recent one kinda ruined the entire gameplay) but the devs seem to be committed to making it good for real PC gamers.

Thanks
    • Phage's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Crosshair VIII
      • CPU:
      • 3800x
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb @ 3600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 512Gb + 2Tb Samsung 860
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 850w
      • Case:
      • Fractal Define 7
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1

What are your recommendations for FPS ?
    Society's to blame,
    Or possibly Atari.

Thanks
    • cheesemp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS TUF x570-plus
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Corsair RGB ram
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb NVMe + 500Gb TcSunbow SDD (cheap for games only)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 480 8Gb Nitro+ OC (with auto OC to above 580 speeds!)
      • PSU:
      • Cooler Master MWE 750 bronze
      • Case:
      • Gamemax f15m
      • Operating System:
      • Win 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32" QHD AOC Q3279VWF
      • Internet:
      • FTTC ~35Mb

I'd agree. They seem to be patching it to make it like COD. I gave up on it with the last patch - final straw was allowing premium players to queue jump (I bought the full game so why penalise me?). I'm fed up with EA attitude to gamers - it stinks. I've moved onto World of Tanks now (yes its not a FPS but tanks was my reason for playing BF3).
    Trust

Laptop : Dell Inspiron 1545 with Ryzen 5500u, 16gb and 256 NVMe, Windows 11.

Thanks
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

Quote Originally Posted by Roobubba View Post
    I wouldn't buy MoH anyway, but $70?! Seriously?! Sounds as though they're trying to charge players twice for BF4!
    You can get BF4 access with the cheaper "Limited" edition which is only $59.99 - and by my reckoning that's £40, so pretty much what you'd expect to pay for a top-shelf PS3 or XBox title, and not unduly more than a standard PC version.
    RIP battlefield, EA suck the life out of all the best games/franchise's. [snipped] BF3/4 is and will be designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, console scrubs. I as a PC gamer I will look elsewhere for my FPS gaming.
    EA probably will suck the life out of BF, same as they (and Activision) do to all their big name titles. That said, I'm going to disagree with your assessment (assuming I understood the term "console scrubs") - BF3 on the PC is a FAR better game than on the console - graphically and in game play terms.

As to new FPS gaming on PC, there's not a lot of choice. And if you say "Halo 4" then I'm going to rofl.

Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

Thanks
    • raven1001's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 8GB corsair
      • Storage:
      • Corsiar 60GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX480
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • lian li
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 20WGX2
      • Internet:
      • BT 20MB

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    I really hope BF4 integrates into the BF3 battlelog and acts almost like a huge expansion

Actually BF3 has proved itself to be a lot more than that, its had its set backs (i.e. the big patch before the most recent one kinda ruined the entire gameplay) but the devs seem to be committed to making it good for real PC gamers.
    lol, PC has no VOIP, PC uses a console GUI and the maps are designed better for a lower player count than 64 players, like say for consoles.

Dice said BF3 will be E-sports focused and still there is no battlerecorder or a spectator mode, things the PC community have been asking for before the games release, essential features for E-sports and for admins to check on cheats in game, these came standard with BF2 and 2142. You really are delusional if you think Dice have supported the PC game well, hell the PC has to wait on consoles just to get a patch, that says it all.

Instead of fixing in game bugs through speedy updates on the PC and adding missing features to the game on PC, they are instead developing trash DLC and the money grab premium embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post

Well planetside 2 and ARMA 3 will be a good place to start, currently playing Dayz, great game.

Thanks
    • Brewster0101's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus m5a99x evo
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX 8350
      • Memory:
      • 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600mghz
      • Storage:
      • Western Green 3TB + Samsung 850Evo 512MB SSD, + 2TB NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 280X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AXi760
      • Case:
      • Corsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 27" 27EA63 IPS LED
      • Internet:
      • 120Mb Bt

Advertising a beta trial 12 months in advance just stinks of desperation.

Look Ma, a Title!
    Thanks
    • Arthran's system
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb Corsair Black
      • Storage:
      • 120gb Kingston Now SSD, 4+TB Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD 7870 2GB Ghz
      • Case:
      • NZXT Phantom
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Enterprise
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP 24" 1980x1080p + Viewsonic Projector
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post

Atm, Tribes Ascend. If only because its a ton of fun that harkens back to the old UT days
    Wow (shadowsong): Arthran, Arthra, Arthrun, Amyle (I know, I'm inventive with names)

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

lol, PC has no VOIP, PC uses a console GUI and the maps are designed better for a lower player count than 64 players, like say for consoles.

Dice said BF3 will be E-sports focused and still there is no battlerecorder or a spectator mode, things the PC community have been asking for before the games release, essential features for E-sports and for admins to check on cheats in game, these came standard with BF2 and 2142. You really are delusional if you think Dice have supported the PC game well, hell the PC has to wait on consoles just to get a patch, that says it all.

Instead of fixing in game bugs through speedy updates on the PC and adding missing features to the game on PC, they are instead developing trash DLC and the money grab premium embarrassment.
    Battlelog has voip, but who uses in game voip anyway?! If we are talking e-sports you would use TS or Vent.

What do yo mean by a console GUI, how would it differ to a PC gui anyway? Are you reffering to FOV (which is pretty easy to change)?

The battlerecorder and spectator modes are a drawback i will give you that, but the DLC has been decent so far, added enough into the game for me to not feel like i wasted my cash, and you get all of them for cheaper than you would if you bought them separately. Its better than the expansions for BF2 that no-one even bothered playing.

To me you just sound extremely bitter, i dont blame you i really dont but i have been an FPS gamer through clans and tournaments for years and i thoroughly enjoy BF3

Thanks
    • raven1001's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 8GB corsair
      • Storage:
      • Corsiar 60GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX480
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • lian li
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 20WGX2
      • Internet:
      • BT 20MB

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post

Battlelog has voip, but who uses in game voip anyway?! If we are talking e-sports you would use TS or Vent.

What do yo mean by a console GUI, how would it differ to a PC gui anyway? Are you reffering to FOV (which is pretty easy to change)?

The battlerecorder and spectator modes are a drawback i will give you that, but the DLC has been decent so far, added enough into the game for me to not feel like i wasted my cash, and you get all of them for cheaper than you would if you bought them separately. Its better than the expansions for BF2 that no-one even bothered playing.

To me you just sound extremely bitter, i dont blame you i really dont but i have been an FPS gamer through clans and tournaments for years and i thoroughly enjoy BF3
    You sound more like a console casual than a PC gamer just for the fact you don't know how the PC UI 'user interface ' is simply ported over from the consoles. Go check BF2 and 2142 for how a PC UI should operate and look. BC2 on 360 your first battlefield lol. Even better check out the numerous suggestions put forward to Dice to make BF3 more PC like in the UI department.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489499878081/

As for VOIP, on public servers it should be available to those that want to communicate with others for a better gaming experience, the fact you say battlelog has VOIP shows how clueless you are, it's not in game, it's worthless, BF2 and 2142 even had VOIP, a team based game should have in game VOIP like every other team based game on PC has, this for players to communicate with strangers in a squad, hell maybe make some new mates to play with.

You could say I'm bitter like many other fans of the franchise and I'm not talking about the scrubs that came in with bad company 2 like your good self. Dice said BF3 is the true sequel to BF2, only in name it is, the game is a console focused POS.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • sonico11's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-X58-USB3
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-950
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 4TB HDD (1x1TB, 1x3TB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2xATi Radeon HD 6850 in Crossfire
      • PSU:
      • (Can't remember brand...) 850W
      • Case:
      • Raidmax Altas
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ EW2730
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2 (76Mb/s Download)

I guess I'm the only person who likes the look of Warfighter then XD - it's great being the odd one out...

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

You sound more like a console casual than a PC gamer just for the fact you don't know how the PC UI 'user interface ' is simply ported over from the consoles. Go check BF2 and 2142 for how a PC UI should operate and look. BC2 on 360 your first battlefield lol. Even better check out the numerous suggestions put forward to Dice to make BF3 more PC like in the UI department.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4489499878081/

As for VOIP, on public servers it should be available to those that want to communicate with others for a better gaming experience, the fact you say battlelog has VOIP shows how clueless you are, it's not in game, it's worthless, BF2 and 2142 even had VOIP, a team based game should have in game VOIP like every other team based game on PC has, this for players to communicate with strangers in a squad, hell maybe make some new mates to play with.

You could say I'm bitter like many other fans of the franchise and I'm not talking about the scrubs that came in with bad company 2 like your good self. Dice said BF3 is the true sequel to BF2, only in name it is, the game is a console focused POS.
    Actually, i came from the original BF games, original COD games, MOH, Counter strike and all the other proper FPSs that probably came before your time. I bought my first console last year to play games when friends and family come to visit.

What a pathetic and unnecessary tone you are taking.

Come back and discuss the topic when you have grown up.

ZaO

You guys should check out Arma 3 coming out soonish if you want a massive scale realistic experience with tonnes of user mods. Just check it out, trust me

Thanks
    • Phage's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Crosshair VIII
      • CPU:
      • 3800x
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb @ 3600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 512Gb + 2Tb Samsung 860
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 850w
      • Case:
      • Fractal Define 7
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1

I might do that. I liked the sound of DayZ as well but not sure that it would be worth the purchase of ARMA2.
    Society's to blame,
    Or possibly Atari.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information