Thread: News - PS3 sales break the 5 million barrier in the UK

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - PS3 sales break the 5 million barrier in the UK

Now Sony launches a 12GB Super-Slim PS3 console, available for £158.
    Read more.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: News - PS3 sales break the 5 million barrier in the UK

While it's true that Microsoft did close to the same thing by releasing the XBox 360 Arcade version, XBox never required games to install in order to function.

I'm curious as to how quickly a gamer can reach their 12 gig limit with a few game installs.

It does seem like it will help them keep the price down, and compete with the Wii U, which also has a lower gig limit on its flash drive.

Registered+
    Thanks

I have an Xbox 360 and a decent gaming PC. To me the new PS3 model looks like a good deal if I want to play a few of those PS3 exclusives, and have it double as a blu-ray player for the living room. I also actually prefer this design to the last few tbh, reminds me of my old black PS2 slim that's still tucked away in the cupboards somewhere.

OilSheikh

White? No.... Need Aqua!

Thanks

Once you’ve got the console you can expand storage as necessary though an external HDD.
    I thought you could swap the internal drive out?

Registered+
    Thanks

This thing is 7 years old now and buying one would be a waste of money, PS exclusive aren't even that good. Buy yourself a used 7800GT for £15, shove it in your old comp and you will get a better gaming experience....

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by addz17 View Post
    This thing is 7 years old now and buying one would be a waste of money, PS exclusive aren't even that good. Buy yourself a used 7800GT for £15, shove it in your old comp and you will get a better gaming experience....
    Thats not even close to being true and I say that as a pretty dedicated PC gamer. PS3 has a few notable exclusives such as little big planet, wipeout hd, infamous, Grand turismo and the metal gear solid games. As well as some less well known (but still good ones) such as folklore, Valkyrie Chronicles and journey. It also gives you access to all of the cross platform console games and is a hell of a lot cheaper to run as an occasional on-line console player than an xbox. The jewel in the PS3 crown though is Playstation Plus which is probably the best deal in gaming today. £30-40 a year depending on when you buy and you get 15-25 titles a year most of which are pretty solid.

Sure a decent gaming PC will trash it but even a cheap one will set you back 300-400 if your starting from scratch and you don't get the guaranteed ability to play the latest releases. Suggesting that a pc fitted with a 7800gt will even get close to PS3 level performance is a joke (and yes i know the PS3 is fitted with one but PS3 games are optimised for it PC ones aren't).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FRISH View Post
    Once you’ve got the console you can expand storage as necessary though an external HDD.
    I thought you could swap the internal drive out?
    well that new one wont have an internal hard drive.

Thanks

I wish I could afford a PS3 or a Xbox360 to the subject to play the exclusives. T___T

Thread Information