Thread: News - NVIDIA introduces Tegra 4i LTE mobile processor

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - NVIDIA introduces Tegra 4i LTE mobile processor

Previously known as Project Grey, the chip is specifically targeted at smartphones.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: News - NVIDIA introduces Tegra 4i LTE mobile processor

A few places have been essentially calling this an 'overclocked Tegra 3' which is more than a bit unfair - it's more like a Tegra 4 with upgraded A9 cores, a few less GPU cores and an interesting integrated modem but I wonder what memory support will be like? Also, I wonder how the highly-clocked upgraded A9 cores stack up against the likes of Krait, which this will likely be up against? And if they actually get any design wins?

SA speaks less than favourably about Nvidia's mobile business ATM, claiming Nvidia has essentially let down OEMs on claimed performance/power consistently in the past. If that's the case, they really need this to work to keep some market share/respect.

Their next parts need to perform well, and can't arrive soon enough, their current line-up isn't terribly competitive.

Registered+
    Thanks

I'm not sure that quad A9s is going to be sufficient now, maybe for an integrated modem chip a dual a15+a7 power saver core would be better suited, seeing as not much is really designed for a higher core count at the moment

Thanks

They're claiming significant performance improvements with this r4 version of A9, and it's run at a very high (for a mobile CPU) clock speed. We'll have to wait and see how this turns out in terms of performance and power consumption though.

Thread Information