Thread: Reviews - EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Superclocked ACX

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Reviews - EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Superclocked ACX

Nvidia's GTX 760 gets the ACX treatment.
    Read more.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Reviews - EVGA GeForce GTX 760 Superclocked ACX

I want one of these. Fact.

Registered+
    Thanks

Also, your review has it priced at £228 from Scan, yet the Scan website has "Call For Price" as it's currently not stocked... Is this price confirmed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by th3_f15t View Post
    Also, your review has it priced at £228 from Scan, yet the Scan website has "Call For Price" as it's currently not stocked... Is this price confirmed?
    It's actually cheaper on amazon at £220.

And I just bought one so hopefully it will work well with the 2560x1440 monitor I bought at the same time.

IQ: 1.42
    Thanks
    • Tunnah's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus somethingorother
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 3600
      • Storage:
      • Various SSDs, 90TB RAID6 HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by th3_f15t View Post
    I'd guess this is the price they most likely will sell it at, being partners with Hexus, but maybe the supplier hasn't finalized that price and it *might* change, so Scan are simply covering themselves.

On this card side, I'm glad to see it doesn't beat the 670 all that much/at all - i bought 1 i Jan, a second in March, both were £330 at the time...Although it stings to see a card performing the same for £100/card less, it's not so bad as it's a good 6 months later.

I've always gone the SLI route rather than 1 high end card, always works out cheaper, but my last lot was dual 460s, and while they were cheaper yet more powerful than a 580, them not being top end meant needed replacing sooner than I would have liked.

I used to play at 1200p, now at 1080p (I'll take 40" gaming over 26" any day of the week, soon to be upgrading to 55") and while the dual 670s cruise through anything, there's certain parts (far cry 3, if I looked at a bird for instance) where the frame rate would plummet...I always wondered if this would happen with 1 ultra high end (780 for instance) because after checking GPU-Z (I keep it running all the time monitoring both cards, I'm super-weird about knowing I'm getting the right bang for my buck...what can I say I'm a cheapskate haha) and during certain instances the cards would spaz out and I would get low FPS for a few seconds..an absolutely minor issue, but an issue none-the-less - when you pay nearly £700 for graphics you expect perfection when you're only playing at 1080p ha.

Registered+
    Thanks

The cooler is outmatched by Gigabyte's. Don't get me wrong, looks a good card, and EVGA are grand on the customer service front, but I expected better temps when this was first announced.

Thread Information