Page 30 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1020272829303132334050607080130 ... LastLast

Thread: New ATI Tuner Card.

Thanks
    e.lectronick

I have posted for my friends at tv-cards.com:

http://www.tv-cards.com/messageboard...?p=33902#33902

The Lanham Act, 15 USC 1125, is what governs unfair competition. You can see it here: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/ht...5----000-.html

You can also review the Logan v. Burgers Ozark Country Cured Hams, Inc. case found at 263 F.3d 447 (5th Cir. 2001).

S.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by e.lectronick

Andrzej, it's nothing personal. You don't make these decisions, but ATI needs to take responsibility for it's actions and take measures to make good on it's word, even if it means making exceptions to it's own rules.

-Erik.

Don't get excited Erik, frankly I don't think Andrzej knows what he's talking about. I'm still going with the Director Of Multimedia at the main office in Canada (Stephen Orr) Forgive me... but I'm not ready to put my faith in some guy in the UK who doesn't seem to know much about the product we're discussing.

Jonas

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej
    Oh you guys...

I have posted it several times already - but here it is again in case you missed it... "Theatre 550 Pro will not have MMC" or "There will not be a version of MMC for Theatre 550 Pro". Forget the screen shots etc. This is the official line. The mass market demand for this kind of product in 2005 will be Media Center Edition
    I have some bad news for you... You have misslead your customers the people that buy your products... You have faulsed advertised to gain marketing voulme, you have created a product focused soly on a peice of crap OS (Media Center) that dont even work on my PC! I'm sorry I have even created this thread for in doing so I may have miss lead some of the members to go out and buy this disposible peice of circutry....(sorry cant call it crap due to even crapo has some uses as fertilizer and such) To be honist I'm some what shocked Ati could have done such a thing, I once respected them and there products... Nvidia has there broken VPU scandel and here all along ATI has been false advertiesing... I'm going to find a tuner that actualy works and from this day forth I will never buy another ATi product again! I have been fooled once and it wont hapen agin!

Quote Originally Posted by jonaslasky
    Don't get excited Erik, frankly I don't think Andrzej knows what he's talking about. I'm still going with the Director Of Multimedia at the main office in Canada (Stephen Orr) Forgive me... but I'm not ready to put my faith in some guy in the UK who doesn't seem to know much about the product we're discussing.

Jonas

Yet, all faith is lost... Even without his input I have seen no action taken by ATi to suport there product. THis alone makes my skin crawl!
    Last edited by myth; 26-02-2005 at 07:28 PM.

Thanks
    Damn...I'm tempted to take a drive down to the ATI HQ and ask Mr.Stephen Orr himself wth is going on...its only 15 mins from here anyways...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav4
    e.lectronic

Could we please have the head of this product line give us a straight answer?
    A simple "yes" or "no" from someone who makes the decision on MMC support for the product promised to have MMC support? This does not mean I will be quiet for a "no" answer, if that is what it is. It just educates me as to my options. It will also help all those out there deciding between Hauppauge and ATI.

S.
    At the very least the 550 Pro should work with third party software, like PowerCinema UNALTERED. This was one of the selling point that ATI used to lure buyers of their products. The purpose of their sales pitch was to attract people who already owned other brands of tuner cards and already bought software for them. Now we've all found out that there's no way the 550 pro is playing with UNALTERED versions of the very application they so eagerly claimed to support. Even the ATI-optimized version of PowerCinema doesn't work.

Jonas

Thanks

Talking 1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...

Quote Originally Posted by jonaslasky

Jonas
    *Huff...Pant*

I do get hot under the collar about stuff like this. My particular worry is that Mr. Orr's comments may be construed to mean that MMC will only support the other TV Wonder cards and not the Elite. Unfortunately, so far ATI can (and does) say whatever it wants to.

"Oh, you guys..."
    -E

P.S. Call *me* crazy , but I've got half a mind to buy one used (read: -Bad ATI- no profit from me) from somebody just to test out how much better it looks than the previous generation Theater chips on software encode. We still don't have an answer for certain about whether the nifty new filters act on the incoming signal when you capture to .avi.

-Erik
    Last edited by e.lectronick; 26-02-2005 at 09:29 PM.

Thanks
    Oh you guys...

I have posted it several times already - but here it is again in case you missed it... "Theatre 550 Pro will not have MMC" or "There will not be a version of MMC for Theatre 550 Pro". Forget the screen shots etc. This is the official line. The mass market demand for this kind of product in 2005 will be Media Center Edition - so that is what we will support. The partners may bundle Cyberlink etc in with the card - but MCE is our focus.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Come on now ... you can't tell me that after you've posted it on your web site for some time now, and the manual that came with my card stating how to use MMC with it (I will gladly send you my manual and you can read for yourself), now you're giving me a bunch of crap speech about how MMC will not be supported.

Let me give you a little scenerio:

I go buy a car based on the safety features the company is toting, then comes to find out when your car gets into an accident, only half of the safety features work! So.. you go confront the company for advertising safety features for the car you just bought and they are not all there, and they respond by saying, well... the mass market of dumb arses didn't really want these feature, so we took them out without telling you about them we just couldn't figure out how to put all the features into the car that we claimed it had, but thanks for buying our car anyways.... and oh yeah, I know it's still being advertised, but we're still not going to take down the newspaper adds, web-posting, or the billboards advertising all these features... did a already say thanks for buying our car?

I don't know how it is in UK, but here in the US it is called Bait and switch. You see something advertise to do certain things, support certain software, and all of a sudden you get it and it doesn't even have the support that it claims.

Andrzej, I appreciate that you're on this forum giving your 2cents worth, but I don't think you know as much as what you're posting on this matter. If I'm wrong on this, let me be the first to say I'm wrong, but when ATI has all this printed material, web site postings, etc.. it's stacking up against what you're saying to us... It's good to stick up for your employer .

I bought an AIW because of the MMC support and from what a fellow co-worker told me about ATI capture cards. When I saw this toting MMC support, I was like great; I'm going to buy this card to put into my new system. I've got a couple co-workers who waited on my opinion on this card, and I basically told them not to waste their money on it. I WILL NOT be buying another ATI product, unless something is done about this false advertising crap. The sad thing is, I work with ATI and Nvidia cards all week long....
    Your questions will be posed to the top guys within the next 24 hours

I am not sure whether 'plush surroundings + copious quantities of alcohol' or something a little more 'C17: Do you mind if we ask you a question or two' tactics will be employed...

...but the people doing the posing (questions + sunglasses ) will be members of the HEXUS Hierarchy... so watch this space !
    Yeah... ok... I'll believe that when I see them post the answers...
    ***Why are you running, you're only going to die tired...***

Registered+
    Thanks
    Wow, just wow!

Nowhere on my Theatrix 550pro box does it say "Unless you have 2005 MCE, this card is USELESS!" That should have been written on the box. I would have avoided it... because as it is, with the bundled software -- the CRAPTASTIC Powercinema crap3 -- this card is now pretty much useless.

Did I mention that bundled software is a piece of crap? Just using it will make you go "WTF?" nonstop:

- 3 seconds for each channel change... WTF?

- No setting for where the videos or screenshots go... WTF?

- 3 settings only for recording quality, with no indications on bitrate or audiorate... WTF?

- 2-3 seconds just navigating for just about everything on the menus... WTF?

- Video/audio stuttering, need to go back to menu to restart... WTF?

- All the FM frequencies are wrong, never seen this even on the cheapest radio... WTF?

These are just off the top of my head, there are probably more. And don't even think about recording a whole tv show, it'll likely go into audio/video stutter/freeze long before the show is over.

If you guys are only going to support MCE 2005, then state so on the fricking box, would have save all of us some time.

Thanks
    P.S. Call *me* crazy , but I've got half a mind to buy one used (read: -Bad ATI- no profit from me) from somebody just to test out how much better it looks than the previous generation Theater chips on software encode. We still don't have an answer for certain about whether the nifty new filters act on the incoming signal when you capture to .avi.
    I can't compare encodes because I have ZERO control over the 550 with the Cyberlink trial download software. I can tell you the TV tuner image looks the same to me on the 550 and the AIW 9800 Pro.

S.

Thanks
    My box doesn't say it is targeted only for MCE 2005 use:

[IMG][/IMG]

It also doesn't say: "Disregard the manual inside where it says it works with MMC". (See my screen shot pages above).

S.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude90210
    Wow, just wow!

Nowhere on my Theatrix 550pro box does it say "Unless you have 2005 MCE, this card is USELESS!" That should have been written on the box. I would have avoided it... because as it is, with the bundled software -- the CRAPTASTIC Powercinema crap3 -- this card is now pretty much useless.

Did I mention that bundled software is a piece of crap? Just using it will make you go "WTF?" nonstop:

- 3 seconds for each channel change... WTF?

- No setting for where the videos or screenshots go... WTF?

- 3 settings only for recording quality, with no indications on bitrate or audiorate... WTF?

- 2-3 seconds just navigating for just about everything on the menus... WTF?

- Video/audio stuttering, need to go back to menu to restart... WTF?

- All the FM frequencies are wrong, never seen this even on the cheapest radio... WTF?

These are just off the top of my head, there are probably more. And don't even think about recording a whole tv show, it'll likely go into audio/video stutter/freeze long before the show is over.

If you guys are only going to support MCE 2005, then state so on the fricking box, would have save all of us some time.
    Dude... you made my day.... ... LOL...
    ***Why are you running, you're only going to die tired...***

Thanks

Out of Curiosity

Quote Originally Posted by satnav4
    I can't compare encodes because I have ZERO control over the 550 with the Cyberlink trial download software. I can tell you the TV tuner image looks the same to me on the 550 and the AIW 9800 Pro.

S.
    Does MCE allow for software capture to .avi? If it does, it'd be interesting to measure the results against MPEG2 captures using the same (READ: "total lack of") settings.

-Erik.

Thanks

Talking Geez

If this post keeps going, I'll qualify for an avatar before the month is out...

Thanks
    Does MCE allow for software capture to .avi? If it does, it'd be interesting to measure the results against MPEG2 captures using the same (READ: "total lack of") settings.
    I do not have MCE and don't know, sorry.

S.

Thanks

-Erik.

I wish I could help but I still cant get my MCE to work..

Thread Information