Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: News - Xbox One demand "through the roof", could outship PS4 by 3-to-1

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - Xbox One demand "through the roof", could outship PS4 by 3-to-1

Also Xbox One first-party games price is set at £50 in UK, $60 in US.
    Read more.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • ShavedApe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Crosshair V Forumula
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX 8150 @ 4.6
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Memory Vengeance Blue 16GB DDR3 1600 Mhz CAS 9
      • Storage:
      • 1x Corsair Force GT 120 GB(OS), 1x Cruccial M4 128GB(games) 3 TB Seagates(games/everything else)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD7970 GHZ Edition
      • PSU:
      • Antec True Power 750W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Haf X
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2420T 120 hz
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 120MBit

Re: News - Xbox One demand "through the roof", could outship PS4 by 3-to-1

I am amazed people are choosing the xbox over the ps4 the ps4 is cheaper and more powerful by all accounts. Dont get me wrong I think the xbox is a good looking machine specs wise and a lot of its functionality is great but the reality is as a gamer the ps4 is just better for games.

Thanks

This is BS publicity stunt...Nothing to see here.

4. Received thanks from:

Bambooz (30-07-2013)

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Brand. Xbox is a better brand that PS4.

Kinect. Mum's like the idea of little kids dancing.

First Mover Advantage. They will have it shipping, with plenty of channel supply before the PS4 is even launched. This means people will have to be wanting to wait for the PS4. I wouldn't be at all surprised if MS do some promotional thing around the time of the PS4 launch, free xbox live for 12 months or similar to make the price the same.

Then you get on to the whole media device / entertainment thing. Microsoft can offer an Applesc full set of services, Music rental with Zune pass now called xbox music I find better (and cheaper!) than spotify. They have a Movie rental service of their own, whilst having Netflix support and Love film, which if they do the adverts right, will show the whole Kinect integration thing. I remember my grandfather had a VCR with a cabled remote control, we've all gone IR since then, and Bluetooth for some, I reckon for TV stuff we will lose the remote. Myself I have no Sky it's simply overpriced imsho. So I have Netflix and LoveFilm. I just want to sit down and say Watch Top Gear. That's it. That is quite a nice step towards the future that MS have, as part of their core hardware offering.

However, I think that MS might also go in with some bundle deals. I would expect to see them either promoting the SmartGlass thing by selling discounted Surface/Xbox bundles or more likely the Smart Phones. There would be a lot of margin on a contract of £45pcm for a low end 4G Nokia and an Xbox One. People love to pay a lot of money over a long time, MS have shifted Xboxes this way before, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it do it again.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

6. Received thanks from:

brasco (25-07-2013)

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

Quote Originally Posted by ShavedApe View Post
    I am amazed people are choosing the xbox over the ps4 the ps4 is cheaper and more powerful by all accounts. Dont get me wrong I think the xbox is a good looking machine specs wise and a lot of its functionality is great but the reality is as a gamer the ps4 is just better for games.
    You've played the games on both, then?

Edit: Whilst the article is hyperbole, the power of Minecraft should seriously not be overlooked.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Registered+
    Thanks

Yeah...this isn't a preference thing...it's just reality. I have a really hard time believing all-things-equal that the xbox is selling the same, granted launch units will sell out regardless. There is no conceivable way the general public is siding with MS from every person (from geek to Joe) I have spoken with. I also have a really hard time believing they have 2-3x units unless the rumors about modifying the clocks (down) or upping the voltage for the soc are true and that allowed them to use more chips. Even with reports of some kind of miraculous breakthrough at global foundries, it all seems kind of suspect. These things do not just magically happen without there being a reason.

These are the kinds of answers that will come only after specs are completely locked down and we see the machines next to each other, along with some kind of expose' on specs. If one is slower than expected, warmer/louder, and/or drops in price shortly after launch, that could be an indication of a 'why' they are available.

When I see 'working with channel partners' to make it cheaper, that sounds simply like a global foundries or amd thing as most of the other parts are really inexpensive...which again sounds like maximizing chip yields. The real partner they need to work with is themselves to get a kinect-less version out for 300-350. We all know the split on the xbox/kinect is likely 300/200. They simply need to just let the damn thing go; many people simply do not want it irregardless of Microsoft's dream of how the console will be used by everyone. It's the main expensive mistake they made other than the now-dead drm policies and needs to happen.

Thanks

Cheaper and more powerful doesn't "always" mean better. There is a huge array of features and other tech that the PS4 doesn't have while the Xbone does.
    Ps4 may be better for gaming.. for you. Not to the other millions of customers in the world.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

These are US centric shops/analysts right? Not wholly surprising that XBone is going to do well in that market.

OilSheikh

Massive PR BS.
    PS4 is much better than the XBone.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OilSheikh View Post
    Massive PR BS.
    PS4 is much better than the XBone.
    I'll be honest, I have no vested interest in either, I doubt I'd be getting one until they have a decent price drop or at least a second revision. Hell I've not used any of my consoles (360,ps3,wii) in years. Honestly about 2+ years. Don't know why I haven't sold em.

But Seriously, you just sound like a muppet.

The PS3 was better than the 360 technically, didn't mean it won. Keep that in mind.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Speculation Junkie
    Thanks
    • EvanJackPenn's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus V GENE
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz w/ Corsair H100
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz @ CAS 9
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Green
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI RX480 8GB
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet E9 480W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Arc Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10, 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG IPS235V, Dell E172FPt
      • Internet:
      • Crappy Sky

If gamers cared about how powerful their machine was, they wouldn't be on a console.

14. Received thanks from:

Bambooz (03-08-2013),Chadders87 (26-07-2013),kalniel (25-07-2013),Platinum (25-07-2013)

Thanks
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    I'll be honest, I have no vested interest in either, I doubt I'd be getting one until they have a decent price drop or at least a second revision. Hell I've not used any of my consoles (360,ps3,wii) in years. Honestly about 2+ years. Don't know why I haven't sold em.
    I'm waiting for a decent trade-in deal for the XBox360, especially if someone in Redmond is savvy enough to come up with a way I can use some of my older titles on the new kit.
    PS totally agree with your long first post!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    The PS3 was better than the 360 technically, didn't mean it won. Keep that in mind.
    Agree 100%, I really wanted the PS3, but the XBox was cheaper and had better controllers.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanJackPenn View Post
    If gamers cared about how powerful their machine was, they wouldn't be on a console.
    PC with Steam-for-Linux!

Not sure whether it's representative, but my local supermarkets are doing a much harder push on the XBone preorders than those for the PS4. It literally is like "Pay £50 for a pre-order deposit on the marvellous new XBox One (when it launches)!"
    Oh, and there's also a PS4 available if you want that instead
    "

At the moment AMD and Steam are doing a bang up job of persuading me to stick with PC gaming, if only I could get MoH:Warfighter to run for more than 10 minutes then I'd be sorted.

Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

Thanks
    • YazX's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.5 Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Crucial Tactical Tracer DDR3 16 GB
      • Storage:
      • 128 GB Samsung SSD, 256 GB Crucial SSD, 4 TB Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNova G1 1000W
      • Case:
      • CM Haf-X
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Qnix 27" 2560x1440
      • Internet:
      • 16 Mbps

well XBox has kinect which is a major advantage over PS4. however, if you say PS4 better than xbox or the other way around, this is not true, both are very similar especially when microsoft changed their DRM policy to be same as xbox 360 which gives PS4 no advantage. so i guess the most selling point for xbox is kinnect and compatibility with windows PC.

so whatever you chose to buy, its a user preference not because one is better than the other. maybe from build quality, PS wins.

Thanks

I think Animus is right when he says the Brand is better, and more widely appealing.

Overlooking the nefarious DRM and "spying" kinect stories, the Xbox is far more interesting to me as a casual gamer and nerd than the PS4, mainly for kinect and it's entertainment features. I bought a PS3 because at a time it was a really good value Bluray player, which to this day is it's main purpose, I've played 2 games on it since I've owned it, totaling less than 8 hrs.

I'll probably just buy a kinect2 separately for experimenting with work, the PS3 is plenty good enough for Bluray/Netflix etc.

I quickly tired of the "PS4 is going to own Xbone" obsession, it was a PR disaster but I honestly don't think it'll make a bit of difference as the angry nerds who are complaining the most would just go PC and the wider public will just go with whatever the reviews say.

Thanks
    • Platinum's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X99 Deluxue
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 5930k @ 4GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32gb Crucial 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 256gb Samsung SP941, 1tb MX500 Crucial SSD, 240gb Intel 730 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 Fury OC
      • PSU:
      • 750 Watt Corsair HX
      • Case:
      • Corsiar 750D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2408WFP
      • Internet:
      • 18Mb

This says a lot about todays gamers tbh, Microsoft dont care about you, they were willing to totally shaft you in the pursuit of higher profit margins, they only backed down because people threatened not to buy the machine,
    The PS4 imo is still a better gaming experience, and Sony actually seem to give a damn about there customers.

Bunch of sheep todays gamers.
    Salazaar : <Touching wood as I write this...>

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    This says a lot about todays gamers tbh, Microsoft dont care about you, they were willing to totally shaft you in the pursuit of higher profit margins, they only backed down because people threatened not to buy the machine,
    The PS4 imo is still a better gaming experience, and Sony actually seem to give a damn about there customers.
    Sony and MS both give exactly the same damn about their customers - a source of profit.

Bunch of sheep todays gamers.
    Or they simply don't understand that for-profit companies exist to make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information