Thread: News - Sony teases 'Honami' photo ability and a 'Honami Mini' is spotted

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - Sony teases 'Honami' photo ability and a 'Honami Mini' is spotted

These smartphones are expected to be fully revealed during IFA in early September.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: News - Sony teases 'Honami' photo ability and a 'Honami Mini' is spotted

Maybe we're finally going to start seeing some smaller premium phones?

There's an interesting article on that subject here: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/...-small-at-all/

About the only 'small' premium phone you can buy is the iPhone. Smaller Android devices tend to be drastically cut-back versions, with little in-between. I mean I could understand if the 'mini' versions had a smaller but similar quality screen, smaller battery because of limited space etc, but instead the specs are cut right back to almost what you'd expect on a budget model, only you're not paying a budget price.

Thanks

Since when was 4.3" screen phone a 'mini' it's the same size as my 18 month old xperia s, which for it's time had a large screen!
    20MP camera, you have to be joking the 12 on the S is barely a match for a 10 year old 2mp compact, let alone my 10mp ixus which blows it out of the water in all but video recording.

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Bare in mind with Sony, they include the standard button row in the screen and don't use stupid capacitive buttons as an addition so the phones generally have more real estate for their size.
    I have an Xperia SP and it's much more usable than the one x I came from.

Thanks
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

Is it just me or does the pic with the three phones (like the blue!) show a more rounded Xperia than is currently the case? If so, then it'll find favour with me - the current ones are just too angular for my taste.

Very much like the uSD slot, leaving only the usual Xperia question ... will the software support be up to expectations?

Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

Thanks

Just measured my Galaxy Ace and it's essentially the same size as the measurements given for that phone! Impressive, considering the Ace is a fairly compact, 3.5" display phone!

@keithwalton: It's actually smaller than the Xperia S too, presumably with less border space and/or different aspect ratio screen.

Registered+
    Thanks

at least the things got an sd slot and the batterys gone up from a 2400 (xperia z) to a 3000, if the screens good then should make a good mobile and snapper. not happy HTC one has no SD slot, i have 26gb so run a 32gb card.

Thread Information