Thread: News - World of Tanks Update 9 provides HD vehicles, historic battle mode

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - World of Tanks Update 9 provides HD vehicles, historic battle mode

Update marks the start of "a massive visual overhaul" for the popular MMO F2P game.
    Read more.

Thanks
    • cheesemp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS TUF x570-plus
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Corsair RGB ram
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb NVMe + 500Gb TcSunbow SDD (cheap for games only)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 480 8Gb Nitro+ OC (with auto OC to above 580 speeds!)
      • PSU:
      • Cooler Master MWE 750 bronze
      • Case:
      • Gamemax f15m
      • Operating System:
      • Win 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32" QHD AOC Q3279VWF
      • Internet:
      • FTTC ~35Mb

Re: News - World of Tanks Update 9 provides HD vehicles, historic battle mode

Nice update. Shame it such a grind fest... I do enjoy it but getting past level 5 tanks takes weeks of commitment and then when do upgrade the tank is under gunned sitting duck until you level it up as well (jagdpanzer IV for example).
    Trust

Laptop : Dell Inspiron 1545 with Ryzen 5500u, 16gb and 256 NVMe, Windows 11.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • 00oceanic's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth
      • CPU:
      • 4770k H90 Corsair
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDRIII 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 7TB (Hitachi + Seagate)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 7990 XFX
      • PSU:
      • 750W
      • Operating System:
      • Linux Mint / Win 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x 22" Belinea, 1 x 22" Samsung, 5040x1050
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb Virgin + 20Mb BT

Definitely a grind fest, been playing it since Beta. There is a certain satisfaction of hiding in a bush waiting for some poor sod to come in your crosshairs.

Thanks
    • sirtrouserpress's system
      • CPU:
      • I7-5600U
      • Memory:
      • 20GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 128GB PCI-e SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA GeForce 940M
      • Operating System:
      • Xubuntu/Windows 10

I realize it hasn't been mentioned, but is it just me or have they improved the audio too?

Thanks

If I can stop playing warframe long enough Ill have to have a look. Used to play a lot of this game.

Thanks
    • donkiddik's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V PRO
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570K at 4.0GHz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Jet Black 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800
      • Storage:
      • 1 Samsung ssd 500Gb 1 Samsung SSD 256gb 2 x Samsung spinpoint 500gb sata
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 8Gb GTX1070 Twin Frozr
      • PSU:
      • Corsair VX 750
      • Case:
      • Aerocool Aero 800 Grey
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp LED IPS 23" Monitor U2312HM
      • Internet:
      • BT

Quote Originally Posted by sirtrouserpress View Post
    I realize it hasn't been mentioned, but is it just me or have they improved the audio too?
    Definitely improved audio, thought someone coming through wall behind me last night on first play
    Cave canem!

Registered+
    Thanks

This game is great as long as you stick to 2nd and 3rd tier tanks, and don't mind driving tanks that you've never heard of. But if you really want to drive a Sherman, or a T-34, or a Tiger, you're either gonna have to shell out some cash, or play for about 6 months straight. And the game gets way too serious and not fun at those tiers anyway. Better to stick to, and upgrade, tier 2 tanks, because tier 2 players are more fun to play with.

I'm all you need!
    Thanks
    • Speed's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB (2 x 8GB) Corsair 3200MHz DDR4 - CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA RTX 2080 XC 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 1300W Platinum PSU
      • Case:
      • Phantek Enthoo Evolv ATX - Grey
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell P2715Q 27" 4K IPS
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 350 Optical Fibre Broadband

I'm loving the HD models, improved visuals and sounds. Just hope they get the HD models out in order of popularity and not focus on one nation over others *cough* USSR *cough*.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesemp View Post
    Nice update. Shame it such a grind fest... I do enjoy it but getting past level 5 tanks takes weeks of commitment and then when do upgrade the tank is under gunned sitting duck until you level it up as well (jagdpanzer IV for example).
    After the Stugg I was quite disappointed with the Jagdpanzer IV if I'm honest, even the top gun is under powered for what it has to go up against. I ended up keeping the L70 for the extra pen. Yes, grind fest is a good way to describe the game, but get yourself on a tank you enjoy playing and once all the unlocks are done its more enjoyable I find.

Quote Originally Posted by donkiddik View Post
    Definitely improved audio, thought someone coming through wall behind me last night on first play
    Yup, some excellent sounds now when tanks get taken out or get ammo racked as an example. Really changes the atmosphere when you hear tanks being taken out in quick secession.

Quote Originally Posted by moeburn View Post
    This game is great as long as you stick to 2nd and 3rd tier tanks, and don't mind driving tanks that you've never heard of. But if you really want to drive a Sherman, or a T-34, or a Tiger, you're either gonna have to shell out some cash, or play for about 6 months straight. And the game gets way too serious and not fun at those tiers anyway. Better to stick to, and upgrade, tier 2 tanks, because tier 2 players are more fun to play with.
    Not sure I'd agree with that. You really don't have to play for 6 months straight to get to the Tiger I or Sherman. I'm driving both of them now and have been playing maybe a month and a bit. I've had a few free premium days and that is about it, you just have to be focused about it and make sure you get your daily double everyday on a good win. Some of the tanks you have to get through (DW2 for example) are god awful but it is worth it with the Tiger I at least.

Tier 2 players are only enjoyable to play with as they are easy to kill and don't know what they are doing for the most part. Most are noobs with a small percentage of seal clubbers, I agree that its easier in the lower tiers and there are less griefers, however it really gets good at the higher tiers like 6 and 7 where you have capable tanks. I'd say (although I have no experience with it) that tier 8 is the sweet spot from what I've seen on YT and from experienced players.

Thread Information