Thread: Amazon Travel to launch shortly in US, says report

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Amazon Travel to launch shortly in US, says report

The service will start by offering hotel accommodation in major US cities.
    Read more.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Amazon Travel to launch shortly in US, says report

One of my events from 2001 included a dial up connection via AOL and my amazon account ordering a camera on offer from Amazon.com not Amazon.co.uk. The original Amazon.co.uk created a duplicate account at Amazon.com for every person in the UK and you had to close your US one manually, after all who wanted their goods to be flown trans atlantic incurring the wrath of C&E and import duties.

One of the oddest things about the US emails was that one click was enabled through them by default and scanning of the link probably ordered the $1000 camera, which I found out 2 weeks after the event having suffered Bells Palsy and losing my sight for a week, eventually logging on to my internet account to find with shock a corrupted email message from Amazon and a second one confirming my order from the US during my enforced absence from my account.

Now holidays as a package could run into several hundered thousand dollars and there are a lot of US customers on dial up. We are not looking at returning a small fridge and a packet of fuses.

Thread Information