Thread: Assassin's Creed Syndicate trailer and walkthrough video published

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Assassin's Creed Syndicate trailer and walkthrough video published

Meanwhile Ubisoft has delayed Tom Clancy's The Division to 2016.
    Read more.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Kjnowak's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X99-A
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 5820k
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb Corsair
      • Storage:
      • 256GB SSD OS & 1TB HDD Data
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus 4Gb GTX STRIX 970 OC
      • PSU:
      • Xclio 1500W
      • Case:
      • NZXT 530
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Yes i have one.
      • Internet:
      • That too.

Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate trailer and walkthrough video published

I always pre-order the AC games out of habit - I really don't want to considering the pain I had with Unity, but then that has been the only game in the series that I have had issues with...

If this was anything like AC:BF then I will snap it up. The characters seem a bit more interesting than Unity which I really did not get invested in the plot of the main players as they just seemed bland.

Decisions decisions.

Registered+
    Thanks

I have been a long time fan of the AC games and I own plenty of them. The mistake I made was getting excited about Unity after enjoying the heck out of Black Flag. Luckily I resisted the urge to pre-order Unity and have not, to this point, played it.

Syndicate looks like it's building on the feel of Unity and keeping things rooted on turf. Ubi don't conduct themselves such that you should pre-order so I'd wait until closer to release before you make your decision.

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

WTB: dead horse being flogged emoji!

I am sure we will here about the AssCreed 15 in a couple of weeks time........

As for the division, I was unaware it was an MMORPG....I thought it was supposed to be an open world shooter? Anyway, no surprise it's been delayed, they just pulled another team in to work on the multiplayer......
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

OilSheikh

Another one already ?
    Quantity over quality? Sigh!

Are these names even British ? Jacob Frye, Evie ? And, why is an Asian guy named Henry ??

Jacob Frye should have been James Savoy. Evie should have been Charlotte

Thanks
    • jag272's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87-G43
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k
      • Memory:
      • 1x8GB XMS3 1600Mhz CL11
      • Storage:
      • 1x 1TB WD Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 760 2GB Gaming
      • PSU:
      • XFX TS 550W Core
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 300R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SyncMaster 943NW

I wish they'd take a year's break to develop the games properly. 2 Years to sell a good game would surely make them more than 1 year to make a bad game, unless they're really raking it in that well via preorders which won't last long the more they burn those players anyway.

I'll keep an eye on it as I did Unity and the other AC games but won't be preordering and won't be in any rush to buy it until I know its a good game with a solid (by ubisoft standards) PC port. I like the AC games but Ubisoft need to pull in the reigns a little, the series is already repetitive as hell without throwing yearly releases in the mix.

Thanks
    • kopite's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 2500K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz Corsair Memory Vengeance Black
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Crucial m4 for main drive. 3.5 TB of storage space over western Digital Drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 970 G1 Gaming Edition
      • PSU:
      • 750W ANTEC TRUEPOWER
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT03
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 1 x 27 inch dell Monitor 1 x 20 inch Dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • Virgin media 150MB

I went on a binge last year after seeing the hype pre unity release and got caught up after not playing since brotherhood.

Black flag was a great game and the characters felt well throught out. The problem for me was that the modern day parts seemed to be hacked on more and more. I havent played unity yet after all the bad stuff I heard.

The video looks ok but I ubisoft have done some really dubious things of late which has used up most of the good will i think a lot of pc gamers had for them

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OilSheikh View Post
    Another one already ?
    Quantity over quality? Sigh!

Are these names even British ? Jacob Frye, Evie ?
    Yes, they are. "Fry" without the "e" would make more sense. I think they were trying a bit too hard for olde worlde-ness with that, given that it's only 150 years in the past.

And, why is an Asian guy named Henry ??
    He's from India. It might be that his name is the result of England's East India Company's occupation of India during the hundred years leading to that point. The EIC took over the territory on behalf of the Crown, governed it (sometimes sympathetically, but mostly very cruelly), and tried to change the culture but also adapted to the local one. Many of the EIC directors were accused of "going native" at the time, returning to England and Scotland with the culture and even sometimes the clothes of Indian people, which was alarming to the political establishment. Henry Green might have been given an English name by Indian parents, or it might be that one of his parents is English.

Jacob Frye should have been James Savoy. Evie should have been Charlotte
    I have never once met or heard of anybody called Savoy, probably because it's a region of France. I would roll my eyes pretty hard if they started naming characters after hotels and new princesses.

Thread Information