Thread: WD introduces Plex Media Server for My Cloud NAS series devices

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

WD introduces Plex Media Server for My Cloud NAS series devices

Popular media centre streaming software adds appeal to My Cloud NAS devices.
    Read more.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • johnniedoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI 970 Gaming
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX8350 4.3Gz on air: CM 212 evo
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb GSkill DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 860 EVO 250Gb; WD 6TB DUO CLOUD NAS,4x 1TB SAMSUNG SPINPOINT F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI RX 480 8Gb Gaming
      • PSU:
      • SeaSonic 750 G Series
      • Case:
      • CM HAF 922
      • Operating System:
      • WIN10 X64 Professional Insider Slow release
      • Monitor(s):
      • TCL ROKU 49S17 4k UltraHD; Samsung b2430hd, SamsungT260HD, LG 42ld550
      • Internet:
      • motorola docsis3.0 115mbps; Linksys E6800 /AC1750

Re: WD introduces Plex Media Server for My Cloud NAS series devices

I was one of the early customers for WD MyBookDuo personal cloud NaS and my only complaint is that access is so sluggish when more than one person wants to access/watch videos, pix or other things.
    I have been reading more about these WD red, (mine came with the green, just before these red versions became more available for this type of app, the computer controlled hard drives with dual core, tri core processors faster than what powered some full desktops not too long ago
    I only wish there was a way to tweak these devices so I dont have to spring for another $500 plus for my home media storage set up, sever ,if you will.
    I like to be able to allow kids to access movies via remote locations via the wd2go or something and some other kid or adult may be watching another video, audio file or whatever without being able to notice. can not hve 2 people watching the same thing at once unless it is mutually agreed upon at the same time as i t i s now
    I buy plenty of bandwidth via the isp cable 100mbps here alone with proper routers and so forth. but issue seems to be in this early cousin to the current my cloud
    To make this comment more germane: I was wondering if this software would work , and if it would make the experiences on the my cloud version better? of, if it plans to do so if there is no current compatibility.
    I've gotten no promotional alerts from WD , and I did put myself on mailing lists deliberately, i wanted to be tracked and didnt mind them 'invading' my privacy.*joke*
    jd

Thread Information