Thread: Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev. B

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev. B

Big on size, low on noise.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev. B

I find it hard to believe there's no relationship between Nanoxia and Fractal, when their cases are clearly made by the same manufacturer - and probably designed by the same people as well. They don't just look similar - they have practically identical layouts, and use the same components.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Define XL R3 turns out to be identical to this case if/when it comes out.

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • dell 2007wfp and Lg L194WT
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

I bought a Nanoxia for my most recent build but the quality control must have been off that day...

That plastic you mention as being fragile was split, the clips for the front fans were both broken, the interior had rusted.. It was appauling. It went back and I got a Phanteks instead which is awesome in every respect including noise which was my main draw to nanoxia.

I've never had to send a case back before but thank God Novatech sorted it quickly and covered all the costs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
    I find it hard to believe there's no relationship between Nanoxia and Fractal, when their cases are clearly made by the same manufacturer - and probably designed by the same people as well. They don't just look similar - they have practically identical layouts, and use the same components.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Define XL R3 turns out to be identical to this case if/when it comes out.
    If you think there's a similarity there, look at the Thermaltake Suppressor F51. There big fuss about a couple of their cases being spitting images of other firms' designs, haven't heard anything about it in a while...

Thanks

It is unclear whether you tested with the fans on highest settings or not.

Thanks

When you think quiet you automatically assume small, but this is no shrinking violet.
    Ever since the Antec P180, I have always associated quiet with big and heavy. I find big case easier to cool quietly if only because you can use larger fans to push enough air even at low (quiet) speed and the weight help with the vibration dampening.

Quote Originally Posted by staffsMike View Post
    I've never had to send a case back before but thank God Novatech sorted it quickly and covered all the costs.
    I am reminded of the first case I ever bought (and returned). A Coolermaster ATC-110. At £250 PLUS shipping, it was, and probably still is, one of the most expensive case for at that size. Most reviews deem it worth the premium and I figured that a good case can last several builds so getting a great one from the start would be worth it.

Imagine my shock when the door just fell off when I opened it! I couldn't believe that something so expensive could have such an obvious part being defective on arrival and had to check with the online community (possibly Hexus) after taking some photos to make sure there was indeed something wrong with it and I wasn't meant to like, screw it myself or something (at any rate, it would sat loose ready to fall again). But what followed was worse. Long story short, it took me about two months stressful phone calls to get my £250 back, and I was about £30-35 quid worse off for having to pay for the shipping both ways. I actually wanted a replacement, but they couldn't even do that. This was, by the way, with Scan. Quite some time before the free shipping partnership with Hexus (and the widespread endorsement of the community), and long before the SCAN.care forum. Friends would tease me about buying from a company with a name that sound unfortunately close to "scam" and after a month or so I was out of £280, out of a defective case (as it was being inspected - very, very slowly) and really thought I had been had. Needless to say, I was initially very weary when Hexus started getting closer to Scan. To be fair, when I eventually gave them a second chance after the widespread approval of the Hexus community the products did arrive intact. Though any RMA I've had to do since then were straight to the manufacturer.

Sorry for the OT, but that comment triggered the memory of a traumatic past experience and it did relate with expensive case not arriving in the expected state.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • mapesdhs's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock P55 Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • i7 870 @ 4270MHz (203.3 x 21)
      • Memory:
      • Mushkin Blackline 4GB (2x2) DDR3/2030
      • Storage:
      • 60GB OCZ Vertex2 + 1TB SATA (Spinpoint F3)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 x EVGA GTX 460 1GB FTW SLI
      • PSU:
      • Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Win7/U/64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP 24" LP2475W
      • Internet:
      • 20Mbit

It's funny how peoples' opinions vary, including those of reviewers. I really like the match of green with black, and now I use NDS fans on all my black-case builds, eg. I use Antec 300/302 cases a fair bit, but I replace the lame Antec fans with NDS PWMs. So, an eyesore? Not IMO, I think it looks great, and far better than the absolutely disgusting biege/brown Noctua styling (why do so many reviewers not call Noctua out on that? If only they made a black fan with the same specs). Also, having used plenty of Noctua fans and other decent models, I found the NDS fans to be just as good but way cheaper.

Recently I started a 3970X build for a friend using a Corsair C70 Military Green, for which some NDS PWMs were of course a perfect fit. 8)

Btw, if you think the NDS 5 case is large, that's nothing, try doing a review of the NDS 6!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CustardInc View Post
    If you think there's a similarity there, look at the Thermaltake Suppressor F51. There big fuss about a couple of their cases being spitting images of other firms' designs, haven't heard anything about it in a while...
    Yeah, Thermaltake have been rather shameless in their copying. However, there are actually far more differences between the Nanoxia/Fractal Design and the F51 than there is between the Nanoxia and the Fractal.

The Thermaltake and the Fractal look similar - and are a clear case of copycat design.

The Nanoxia and the Fractal aren't copied, they literally use the same components. They don't just look similar. You can actually interchange parts from one case to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by TooNice View Post
    Ever since the Antec P180, I have always associated quiet with big and heavy. I find big case easier to cool quietly if only because you can use larger fans to push enough air even at low (quiet) speed and the weight help with the vibration dampening.
    Well one of the most fundamental rules of acoustics. The only way to reduce sound IS with weight. There's no weight to aid the dampening. The weight *is* the dampening.

Quote Originally Posted by TooNice View Post
    A Coolermaster ATC-110. At £250 PLUS shipping, it was, and probably still is, one of the most expensive case for at that size.
    Just wait till you see the £450+ cases...

Thread Information