Thread: Razer will open first US Razer Store on Saturday

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Razer will open first US Razer Store on Saturday

It already has bricks and mortar stores in Taiwan, Thailand and the Philippines.
    Read more.

Spreadie

Re: Razer will open first US Razer Store on Saturday

Razer products are, by and large, plasticky trash in my experience. Giving people the opportunity to see them in the flesh, so to speak, before buying seems like a really bad move by them.

Thanks
    • jag272's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87-G43
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k
      • Memory:
      • 1x8GB XMS3 1600Mhz CL11
      • Storage:
      • 1x 1TB WD Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 760 2GB Gaming
      • PSU:
      • XFX TS 550W Core
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 300R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SyncMaster 943NW

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadie View Post
    Razer products are, by and large, plasticky trash in my experience. Giving people the opportunity to see them in the flesh, so to speak, before buying seems like a really bad move by them.
    Agreed, but for some reason they've garnered such brand recognition that people don't seem to care and just buy from them anyway now. Heck, they sell an RGB Mousepad for £50 and I bet some people ended up buying it.

Thanks
    • Jowsey's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock H81M-ITX
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon E3-1230V3
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair XMS3
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Crucial MX100 & 2TB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX 770 DCUII 2GB
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNova GS 550 watt
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Evolv ITX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 100Mb

Quote Originally Posted by jag272 View Post
    Agreed, but for some reason they've garnered such brand recognition that people don't seem to care and just buy from them anyway now. Heck, they sell an RGB Mousepad for £50 and I bet some people ended up buying it.
    It's probably a little bit harsh to criticise the mousepad as a good rigid mousepad will go for about £20ish, then you need to consider the competition for the product. I don't know any other peripheral maker who makes an RGB mousepad, so they really can charge what they want for it.

Apart from that it's all plastic trash. I use a CM Storm mech keyboard and a Logitech g600 mouse and a pair of Senn HD518 with a pretty basic mod-mic vs his multitude of shiny plastics and razer logos. The Kraken headset is just downright cheap, the Lycosa keyboard is none mechanical and cost more, is a filth magnet and is just generally of equally poor quality. I'll grant him, his deathadder does feel pretty nice and I didn't have any major issues but I still consider the g600 a better fit for myself.

The really kick however, is he spent more money on his lot of peripherals than I did. I'd say about £30 and I'd consider my equipment to be much superior. Certainly the headset and keyboard, arguably not so much the mouse.

But then again, his has the same styling touches all over, where as mine the only link between them is the blue backlight on the keyboard and me setting the RGB on the mouse to the same blue colour.
    Steam - ReapedYou - Feel free to add me!!

Thanks
    • jag272's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87-G43
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1x 1TB WD Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 760 2GB Gaming
      • PSU:
      • XFX TS 550W Core
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 300R
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):

Quote Originally Posted by Jowsey View Post
    It's probably a little bit harsh to criticise the mousepad as a good rigid mousepad will go for about £20ish, then you need to consider the competition for the product. I don't know any other peripheral maker who makes an RGB mousepad, so they really can charge what they want for it.

Apart from that it's all plastic trash. I use a CM Storm mech keyboard and a Logitech g600 mouse and a pair of Senn HD518 with a pretty basic mod-mic vs his multitude of shiny plastics and razer logos. The Kraken headset is just downright cheap, the Lycosa keyboard is none mechanical and cost more, is a filth magnet and is just generally of equally poor quality. I'll grant him, his deathadder does feel pretty nice and I didn't have any major issues but I still consider the g600 a better fit for myself.

The really kick however, is he spent more money on his lot of peripherals than I did. I'd say about £30 and I'd consider my equipment to be much superior. Certainly the headset and keyboard, arguably not so much the mouse.

But then again, his has the same styling touches all over, where as mine the only link between them is the blue backlight on the keyboard and me setting the RGB on the mouse to the same blue colour.
    Maybe I'm just overly cynical since I don't see any reason for an RGB mousepad in the first place, and see it as a fad Razer are selling by name alone. That said, I think £20 is an exaggeration there, you can get the Steelseries QcK for £7.50 and its a very nice mousepad, or I believe £15 for the full keyboard + mouse sized one, but thats somewhat besides the point.

Definitely agree on product quality though, my younger brother has a Kraken has friend gave him, and for a while borrowed a Tiamat from the same friend, and both had pretty unstartling build quality. Meanwhile I'm using a Superlux HD681 Evo with Modmic, rival 300 with the free included QcK and the only place I splashed was my keyboard, as I wanted to try mechanical and as I play MMOs extra keys are useful, so I splashed for a discounted K95 RGB. I guess it's easier to match when your theme is just "Black" though, as I don't much care for LEDs. I set up LEDs on the keyboard for a while, because it eased the conversion to the slightly different keyboard layout to my old Microsoft 500 keyboard, but since then I've turned them off, and just have them set to light up when a particular Macro is active incase I mis-press them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadie View Post
    You can't forget their new market of actual systems, in which IMO they hold the most promise.

- They're the only company with a TB3 eGPU case (more coming soon).
    - The Razer Blade is hands down the best gaming laptop in its category (thin/light).
    - The Razer Blade Stealth is an extremely compelling ultrabook on all accounts, even for the price, which is surprising coming from Razer. The Core will make it a formidable mobile-obsessive setup.

That being said, yeah, a lot of their actual peripherals are plasticky. Only ones I've been interested in are the Orochi (which I use for its great features--build quality is okay, but it has this strange creaky thing when you squeeze it wrong...idk if that's normal...) and the Blackwidow X, which I don't own.

Thanks
    • jag272's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87-G43
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1x 1TB WD Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 760 2GB Gaming
      • PSU:
      • XFX TS 550W Core
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 300R
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):

Quote Originally Posted by plexabit View Post
    You can't forget their new market of actual systems, in which IMO they hold the most promise.

- They're the only company with a TB3 eGPU case (more coming soon).
    - The Razer Blade is hands down the best gaming laptop in its category (thin/light).
    - The Razer Blade Stealth is an extremely compelling ultrabook on all accounts, even for the price, which is surprising coming from Razer. The Core will make it a formidable mobile-obsessive setup.

That being said, yeah, a lot of their actual peripherals are plasticky. Only ones I've been interested in are the Orochi (which I use for its great features--build quality is okay, but it has this strange creaky thing when you squeeze it wrong...idk if that's normal...) and the Blackwidow X, which I don't own.
    Ye, I don't really care about laptops enough to actually look at the Blades, nor would I aim for something that expensive if I were as I'd rather just use my PC, but I was very pleasantly surprised when they were the first ones to release a seemingly open standard eGPU case. They have my kudos for that certainly, and thats a bit of tech thats been slowly fostering but has been brand exclusive for a little while now, with the likes of Alienware and MSI having their own connectors and I believe even firmware.

Thanks
    • Jowsey's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock H81M-ITX
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon E3-1230V3
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair XMS3
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Crucial MX100 & 2TB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX 770 DCUII 2GB
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNova GS 550 watt
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Evolv ITX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 100Mb

Maybe I'm just overly cynical since I don't see any reason for an RGB mousepad in the first place, and see it as a fad Razer are selling by name alone. That said, I think £20 is an exaggeration there, you can get the Steelseries QcK for £7.50 and its a very nice mousepad, or I believe £15 for the full keyboard + mouse sized one, but thats somewhat besides the point.
    The RGB mousepad is a rigid pad, which is different to the cloth mousepads you're referring to. I'm pretty sure the rigid ones are substantially more expensive.

But whatever works for people, I myself use a mousepad I recieved for my birthday that has an anime characters face on it...!
    Steam - ReapedYou - Feel free to add me!!

Thanks

We need quality not some fancy brand name.. my experience with Razer products.. they break from use after 3 months... take their mouse products as the best example for that... they last 3 months with heavy use of the buttons meaning alot of single clicks start to be double clicks... simply as that, that is alot of money per year on just a handheld 'controller' that can not live up to its former name from the start 2k-2k8 period.

Been having better experience with Roccat, they seem to last between 6 to 8 months for me before they start acting with the double click on single click.

Thread Information