Thread: Delivery,out of stock and further delay!

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks

Delivery,out of stock and further delay!

Last Friday (14th Jan) I ordered several goods, to the value of (near as damn-it) £430, to build/repair a computer, this included a motherboard, CPU, PSU, memory and a graphics card, all the usual vital components. [Invoice no E461977]
    Because of the delays from the christmas period etc. at Scan (for which I was given no indication of when I placed my order) I was due to recieve my order today (thursday 20th Jan). I then find it quite shocking to recieve an email, this very morning, stating that both Motherboard AND graphics card are now out of stock and on delivery due the 27th Jan!!! I find this unacceptable since they were clearly in stock at the time of ordering.
    So what now? clearly I cannot build a computer without a motherboard or a graphics card, and does this mean I have to wait yet another week for it all to arrive or will bits come in dribs and drabs?...I accept the first delay was out of your immediate control but now I have to wait a further week because of certain items not being in stock, clearly I would not have ordered them if they weren't so I struggle to understand how they became out of stock in between my ordering and the delivery, thus rendering my order to be severely delayed..! I even received an email stating that all the parts of my order had been assembled (gathered together etc.) and packaged ready for delivery. Were the items then removed again?!
    If I had been forewarned i.e. not on the due delivery date, then I perhaps wouldn't have been so annoyed, as it is I'm upset and feel very let down. This is my first 'big' (not just a dvd or book!) on-line computer purchase and, to be honest, its not turning out to be the best experience...
    I know you value your customers, and having read other threads here on Hexus I know you do your very best to resolve issues as they arise, and I'm confident you will do all you can to help. I'm not angry [yet] just annoyed and upset at the prospect of having to wait yet another week for items that were in stock at the time of ordering but now aren't. poor show...
    cheers