Thread: Titanfall 2 'Become One' official launch trailer published

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Titanfall 2 'Become One' official launch trailer published

And a day one patch has been announced, it weighs in at 88MB.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Titanfall 2 'Become One' official launch trailer published

What is it with day one patches? They have the game files, they have the patch, so why not combine the two and save your customers some time/bandwidth, i get it's preloaded but isn't that normally 24hr before release?

Thanks

The point is that games are released to manufacturing weeks/months before they hit the shelves - basically once the game (more or less) passes publisher QA testing. During that period (ie. after release to manufacturing, but before "day one"), issues may be found/resolved or performance improved. Sometimes extra content is created/released (eg. new multiplayer twists). The Day 1 patch can offer that to consumers in a way which wasn't previously possible (ie. on PS2 generation).

The problem is that there aren't really any limits on size (I recall MS used to restrict xbox patch and downloadable-game sizes, but not any more), so you can end up with day-1 downloads of many GBs. Since patches are usually mandatory for online play, this can leave those with slow internet unable to play their new purchase.

Kudos to EA/Respawn for reigning the size in this time. Just a shame this is now becoming the exception rather than the norm.

Also, for logistical reasons, the downloadable version often mirrors the retail disc, so that patches can be issued for both versions without modification. The more variants you have of a game, the more testing is required if you later issue updates etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Irien View Post
    The point is that games are released to manufacturing weeks/months before they hit the shelves - basically once the game (more or less) passes publisher QA testing.
    They still manufacture games, well i never, i thought all games were downloads nowadays.

Registered+
    Thanks

Now that'a a trailer

Thread Information