Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are these chips any good???

Thanks

Are these chips any good???

Just recived two 3000+ AMD64 chips from OCUK, and I think they sent the wrong ones

I ordered the top one on this page http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal..._939_cpus.html

Incase that gets removed becuase of low stock, it says:
    AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Winchester 90nm (Socket 939) - OEM (CP-114-AM)
    AMD's Athlon 64 is the latest evolution in the desktop computer industry. With its revolutionary 64bit architecture this CPU is fully compatible with future 64 bit operating systems and offers blistering performance in current 32 bit applications. With AMD's new HyperTransport technology and a massive 512KB L2 cache. Designed with a new 90nm architecture for improved performance and cooler running. This batch is week 46 which offer better overclocking potential over previous batches/weeks due to a new enhanced memory controller.
    Available This Week Only for just £84.95 +VAT.
    Price: £93.50 (£109.86 Including VAT at 17.5%)
    Near the end, week 46

Anyway it seems they sent week 31's, 0431 is the code. Ill get the rest of the codes later...

edit:
    ADA3000DIK4BI
    CBBFD 0431MPM
    4420929L40036

Both are the same but the other one is 0120 of the batch. I guess the 0036 should be better..
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 01-02-2005 at 11:37 AM.

Thanks
    bumpy..

I need to know so I can send them back... I think I will anyway.. becuase its not what i ordered and there site says the w46 is better anyway..

Thanks
    IIRC, post week 44 have improved memory controllers.
    If you're not completely happy, send it back.

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    within 7 days...RMA is within your rights...
    Powered by Marmite and Wet Dog
    Light Over Water Photography

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable
    yea, the only problem with that is trying to get through to their (OCuk) g'damn support line, the stupid idiots pulled their email contacts and only *THEN* deciding their telephone line switch wasn't fit to deal with the huge influx of extra calls and decided to update.. its a customer services nightmare, whoever is managing customer services should be fired!.. I've been trying to get through to them for the last 2 days to RMA a faulty motherboard, all I get is *BEEP BEEP BEEP*

Thanks
    shiato storm: Afaik as they havent acctually sent what I ordered, therfore not fullfilled there half of the legal contract, and if its not fullfilled with in 28 days Im legally obliged to have a refund..

Correct me, but I cant see how the distance selling regulations of 7 days apply if Im not even sent what I ordered...

there CS is awfull.. Tryed to phone 5 times during my breaks (10:30, 1:30, 3:30) and it rang but no answer atalll!!!!
    My brother had his phone on autodial all day trying to get through aswell but he said it was either busy or kept ringing... they probably only pay there slaves to answer 3 calls a day...

I think I may be phoning trading standards. If everyone else does, we may get some responce....

Thanks
    TS wouldnt get involved at this stage, you'll have to try ringing them a few more times.
    And your correct, the cooling off period 7day limit wouldnt apply as its not what you've ordered. BTW, you dont have to wait 28 days to get a refund, you can ask for one right away, and be entitled to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    i stand corrected...of course if they's sent you the right stuff then it would apply. since they didn't, well, not great is it.
    They should be as accessable as scan or komplett are. having them on this forum is a fanastic step. every shop should have a forum attachment - that way more gets done for the customer, they then feel they can trust the retailer and a happy cycle continues
    Powered by Marmite and Wet Dog
    Light Over Water Photography

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable
    The problem is as i described above, overclockers uk pulled their email contacts as detailed in their news page:

Quote Originally Posted by Overclockers.co.uk
    8th January:
    15.05pm - NEW TELEPHONE SYSTEM - Our existing telephone system is being replaced during the next few weeks with something far more appropriate for the volume of calls currently received. This will be welcome news indeed for those customers who have had to endure the present system over the last few years and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. It was bought at a time when call volumes were less than a fifth of what they are today and I for one will be glad to see the back of it. I shall keep you informed when the new system arrives.

17th December:
    14.20pm - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING E-MAIL - From 8.30am on Tuesday 21st e-mail will cease to be a valid communication medium for customers of Overclockers UK. The sheer volume of received e-mail has now reached an incredible level and the system is being abused. Customers who require immediate assistance will now have to call either 0870 443 0880 for sales and customer service, or 0871 222 8528 for technical support and returns. We have doubled our number of telephone staff to cope with demand. All departments may also be contacted by Fax on 0870 443 0881 or regular post.
    Clearly this is horrible managment and foresight, basically they diverted all emails (a volume which they claim that was unmanageable) onto their telephone switching network, now im not a BT engineer, but even an idiot can figure out that shifting hundreds of emails onto the lines of an already fairly loaded phone switch just wont work.. I have two items to return and I can't even get through to them via any means with exeception of post, and how long will i have to wait for a reasonable responce?

Thanks
    From the shop you can see into the back offices, saw 5 people manning the phones.

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable
    Which do you think its easier to manage?
    a flood of emails, or a flood of phone calls? (or do i need to ask)

Thanks
    depends if the slaves have therehands chained up... quite hard to type if your hands are chained up.. butanswering thephoneis easy.. infact they probably duct tape the phones to the side of there heads...

Anyway.. I spent ALL DAYphoning them. Both numbers. Infact I must have tryed atleast 300 times, as did my brother = 600 times.
    All we got was busy or it rang-20 times and automatacially hangs up with no answer.

I conclude that noone is acctually answering there phones. Either becuase they are lazy bastards or because the phone system is broken.

Maybe there forums is the best method to contact them.. Atleast to ask them to phone me. they can atleast do that.

Thanks
    Also note that although they do have no email support, they do have email addresses.

This one for example.. could try contacting them with that, or signingit up on pr0n sites? oh well...

Code:
    jobs@overclockers.co.uk?subject=Technician%20Vacancy%20-%20TEC001

Thanks
    0870 numbers, when they get answered, cost at least 7p a minute, and the company can get a kickback. Charge your customers to call you- yeah, great service

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable
    Rave.. i wouldn't care about that *IF* i was able to make a connection, when all you get is either an engaged tone or ringing its a real pissoff.
    but yea, 7p per min is sharp for sure. maybe its going towards their *new* phone switch and slave labour.

SilentDeath.. are you sure the guys were still *on* the phones? maybe the management fired them too for complaining about dealing with so many calls.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by |SilentDeath|
    shiato storm: Afaik as they havent acctually sent what I ordered, therfore not fullfilled there half of the legal contract, and if its not fullfilled with in 28 days Im legally obliged to have a refund..

Correct me, but I cant see how the distance selling regulations of 7 days apply if Im not even sent what I ordered...

there CS is awfull.. Tryed to phone 5 times during my breaks (10:30, 1:30, 3:30) and it rang but no answer atalll!!!!
    My brother had his phone on autodial all day trying to get through aswell but he said it was either busy or kept ringing... they probably only pay there slaves to answer 3 calls a day...

I think I may be phoning trading standards. If everyone else does, we may get some responce....

Same boat here - haven't even received my order after 4 weeks and can't get through at all and they won't reply to emails even if you email directly to the sales reps/support peeps etc... I think we ought to approach watchdog !

I'm going to claim via switch insurance I think as they owe me £230-odd.

Very disappointing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information