Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enchanting: Help me help you :)

Thanks

Enchanting: Help me help you :)

Hi,

I want to make your weapons glow! Its true, I do.

Problem is, I'm currently low on items. I know there is a "most needed items" thread but thought I'd start this one because its...well might be a bit complex.

I'm sure most of you know, but for me to be able to enchant you, I need a few bits and bobs. Most of these are gained through "disenchanting" (or "dustifying" as I prefer to call it, but...er..well thats me!).

From green and blue items I get dust, essence, and shards. You get different items from different level disenchants. You *usually* get dust from armour, essence from weapons. Shards you get from disenchanting blue items, and there is a small chance (5-ish %, though it varies with item) from green items also.

So like I say, I want to enchant you. But the problem is I need blue items to do the decent ones. I've said before I'm not really in this for the money, but on the other hand I can't spend all my money buying high level blue items to turn to shards to enchant you.

Basically what I am saying is, can the item makers amongst you make me stuff?

Leatherworkers can do Wicked Leather Gauntlets which is good for dust, engineers making Green Lenses are great for Large Radiant Shards (need two for a +4 to 1h/+7 to 2h enchant...), feathered breastplates are good for those also....as, I think, are ironfeather breastplates.

I know Velan can make Ironfeather stuff...so if anyone is in winterspring and gets some ironfeathers (or from the Hinterlands I think?) could they pass them along to him?

I can do beastslayer x5 or 6 right now, but after that I'm pretty much out.

I know not everyone can supply the high end stuff, and thats cool, but things like http://www.thottbot.com/?i=3694 will allow me to do a +3 1h/+5 2h enchant...and I guess people want that more than demonslayer as its more generic.

So if people can supply "a leatherworker" with jade, iri pearls, and citrines to make belts for me to make shards...that would be really cool.

I know its a convoluted process, but basically I can't sort you guys out without help. Thats not saying I'm not getting help! I don't mean that at all, its just kinda frustrating having this cool skill, having people asking for stuff, and not being able to help...

So if any of you would like to aid eachother in making me blue stuff to help you that'd be funky!

Of course I don't want to pinch all the good stuff from the leatherworkers, blacksmiths etc either!!

I could really use Core of Earth right now and I can then do Cloak +5 all resists..I have the other ingredients.

Anyway, just food for thought..I will probably start buying green items again from guildies, say level 40+ required items let me know what they cost...as I say can't afford to just keep on doing this as it'll bankrupt me

So if you supply me with things, you get enchants in return Simple as that!

And if anyone tells you glowing weapons aren't cool, they are lying!!
    Well Hello!

Thanks
    As far i blue items go this is fairly cheap (I use cheap in its mildest form) to produce for a blacksmith
    http://www.thottbot.com/?i=4149

How much you charge for a non-guild member (If at all?)?

Also i agree - glowing weapons ROCK!
    Arathor

Thanks
    Good stuff mate, I'll make some blue stuff and send it to you ready for my enchant, what quantities are we talking about for +6 Beastbashing?

How about a list of the good enchants you are currently able to do?
    Rhyth is selling:
    Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 XR Di ll LD Aspherical (IF) £230 +pp
    Canon 50mm 1.8 II £50 +pp
    Proven good copies.

Those who look out dream, those who look inward, awake. Jung

I took the road less traveled by Scientist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Guess what chico, I got you a core of earth
    Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
    Enwrought with golden and silver light,
    The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
    Of night and light and the half-light,
    I would spread the cloths under your feet:
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    I wish I could help, but the best items I can make are green lvl 30 items, you'll need blue lvl 40+ items to get the shards you need...

Once I get there though, I'll make what I can to get a nice cheap enchantment, but even if I could now, it wouldn't really be worth it as I'm sure my weapon won't be used forever.

However, if you can do a less flash enchant on my weapons, that would be kewl. I could supply some level 20-30 green items in exchange, if you can that is.

Thanks
    Can do a lot of the stuff up to 285, but not Fiery Weapon (nb hopefully gonna be grinding BRD to get it...if anyone else has the chance to go to FFFs statue while I'm away and sees Pyromancer Loregrain and gets the enchant, well...I'd love it! I have a couple of Essence of Fire too...)...have demonslayer, icy weapon (but no Essence of Air), etc. Best thing is to use the Thott..http://www.thottbot.com/?i=14177 needs only one small glowing which can be got from any of http://www.thottbot.com/?i=Small%20Glowing%20Shard these! I have got 3 large fangs but if anyone has any spare to stock me up or wants that enchant also...

Prices...eh have a look on the other post I made, crafted item costs or whatever it was...if you supply materials less of course, and I reckon about 75% of those costs to be anywhere realistic in the economy of the game. Materials permitting of course!

Best thing from my point of view would be for the suppliers to work out what would be needed, or if they can supply something that gives what they want, because there are so many blue items out there, I can't know each and every one! And remember I can't do soulbound items apart from my own, so no quest rewards are good either, or "pre-abused" weapons either
    Well Hello!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scientist
    Guess what chico, I got you a core of earth
    Heh didn't see that post there, cool! Need to get ele resists up on you guys for those damn fireballs!
    Well Hello!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen
    I wish I could help, but the best items I can make are green lvl 30 items, you'll need blue lvl 40+ items to get the shards you need...

Once I get there though, I'll make what I can to get a nice cheap enchantment, but even if I could now, it wouldn't really be worth it as I'm sure my weapon won't be used forever.

However, if you can do a less flash enchant on my weapons, that would be kewl. I could supply some level 20-30 green items in exchange, if you can that is.
    ANY blues are cool TBH, it means I can at least get people with SOME weapon bonus...and, if I'm doing "lower level" ones I need lower level dusts and essences as well..I cleared a bunch out, but I know TiG has some...bank space was tight! But I now have yet another alt holding stuff, so its not so bad now, and I hit 285 which got rid of a bunch of recipes too.
    Well Hello!

I took the road less traveled by Scientist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah resists would be cool tbh, Ill need to get you down to gadget to get some stuff I got you from my transfer elf later if your up for it?
    Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
    Enwrought with golden and silver light,
    The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
    Of night and light and the half-light,
    I would spread the cloths under your feet:
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

Thanks
    Sure! Will be home...well should be before 7...touch wood. Then off to BRD to try spamming for daggers and Fiery Weapon, etc, etc.
    Well Hello!

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by daverobev
    ANY blues are cool TBH, it means I can at least get people with SOME weapon bonus...and, if I'm doing "lower level" ones I need lower level dusts and essences as well..I cleared a bunch out, but I know TiG has some...bank space was tight! But I now have yet another alt holding stuff, so its not so bad now, and I hit 285 which got rid of a bunch of recipes too.
    Well, at the moment I can only send blue item IF I can make them, coz any blue pickups or quest rewards I get, I'll either wear or sell for the money, coz I only have a couple of gold and my spells per level are starting get expensive!!

I'd rather have the blue items and the money than enchants, so if you can't do anything with green items then I'll have to wait.

Thanks
    Allen,

some things can be done, just not the weapon enchants and "really good" things, almost all the really good bits need shards

How about you trade me some silver for my miner/bs alt? Hardest bit of mining, want to be a BS without all the hard work!!
    Well Hello!

ERU
    Thanks
    Leatherworkers can do Wicked Leather Gauntlets which is good for dust
    Easily done mate.
    I'll get some sent as soon as i can

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Allen,

some things can be done, just not the weapon enchants and "really good" things, almost all the really good bits need shards
    Well, I wouldn't want any of the really good ones as they'll be just a waste on my low chars tbh, especially with their constant equipment and weapon changes.

How about you trade me some silver for my miner/bs alt? Hardest bit of mining, want to be a BS without all the hard work!!
    Could do, if I don't need the silver for my Engineering still.

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    I can create some blue level 40 tailoring items, but I'm not sure if that's going to be very cost effective as they need quite a lot of supplies (Heart of the Wild and Wildvine for the Blue Dreamweave items), I'll have a look out as I get higher levels in tailoring, but obviously I'll need to be kept well stocked with components if we need lots of blue items..

BTW, they drop small radiant shards..

Nice ramble huh?
    Last edited by Stoo; 26-04-2005 at 04:36 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    HoF is not a problem, I rather like Fire Plume Ridge for some reason, and the Fire Eles drop HoF/EoF rather well for me

Wildvine...I just hate spamming l40 trolls...but if needs be I can do! I think the drop in Hinterlands is better, tho...

Its expensive...but better this way than not being able to do stuff for people

Thanks guys, am heartily encouraged! Small radiant is good for demonslayer and fiery weapon btw...and fiewy is supposed to have a very nice proc rate...
    Well Hello!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information