Thread: Mesh PC with error ID: 4609

Registered+
    Thanks

Question Mesh PC with error ID: 4609

Further to me closing the forum here
    http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/index.cfm...hreadid=213912

This error has reoccured 9 times first on the 22nd not as reported on other link.

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\event s\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

It would appear to be MSN messenger, any patches or recommendations. I do use MSN, is there any alternatives?

Thanks

Registered+
    Thanks

Question

Error now deleted
    Last edited by Marc E; 26-10-2005 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks
    Hi Marc E

Error now deleted
    Does this mean problem solved.

Phil.

Registered+
    Thanks

Error now deleted

No I posted my other error message in this thread by mistake that is what I deleted.

The error still remains

Thanks

Thanks
    Hi Marc E

This error seems t be a permissions problem. I have read the other forum and most of what is being advise is for XP Pro, Below is how to set the permissions on files and foldr that can cause this problem on XP Home.

How to set permissions on XP Home

Unlike XP Pro, XP Home does not have the full permissions tab when booted in normal mode, however if you boot he PC into safe mode the permissions tab is available.

Turn on the PC and start tapping the F8 key, When you get the Advanced boot options menu, select safe mode and press enter.

Once in safe mode click on start / My Computer. Double click on your local C: Drive, Right click on your windows folder and select properties. You should now have the security tab. Click on security tab then the advanced button

In the list you should see Administrator / System and the Everyone permissions (there may be other but leave them alone)

The Administrator and system permissions should be set to full control, Highlight Administrator and then put a tick in "Inherit from parent the permission entries that apply to child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here" which can be found at the bottom of the current window, Then click Apply. Do the same for the system entry.

Highlight the Everyone permission and click edit, Check that the following is ticked

Traverse folder / Executable folder. Click ok

Put the tick in "Inherit from parent the permission entries that apply to child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here"

Click Apply or ok on all windows and restart the PC

Registered+
    Thanks
    Phil
    I think I have completed this shall email with screen shoots?

Have you managed to have another look at my other link
    http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=58281

Many Thanks Marc

Registered+
    Thanks

Question Did not seem to work

Phil
    Your suggestion assuming I completed it correctly, see pm email for screen shots did not work.

I have had the following errors
    27 October 2005 Service Control Manager The IPSEC Services service terminated with the following error: The authentication service is unknown.

X13 times request for help on this on other thread.

It would appear
    27 October 2005 System Error Error code 0000007a, parameter1 c07c2078, parameter2 c0000185, parameter3 f840f759, parameter4 0825e860.

27 October 2005 System Error Error code 000000f4, parameter1 00000003, parameter2 ffadb540, parameter3 ffadb6b4, parameter4 805c7478.

27 October 2005 DCOM DCOM got error "%1084" attempting to start the service netman with arguments "" in order to run the server: {BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B 1D0-00805FC1270E}
    27 October 2005 DCOM DCOM got error "%1084" attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server: {1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B 726-00C04FB926AF} X2
    27 October 2005 DCOM DCOM got error "%1084" attempting to start the service StiSvc with arguments "" in order to run the server: {A1F4E726-8CF1-11D1-B F92-0060081ED811}
    27 October 2005 Service Control Manager The DHCP Client service depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which failed to start because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
    27 October 2005 Service Control Manager The DNS Client service depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed to start because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
    27 October 2005 Service Control Manager The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service depends on the AFD service which failed to start because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

27 October 2005 Service Control Manager The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: AFD Avg7Core Avg7RsW Avg7 RsXP Fips IPSec khips NetB T Processor RasAcd Tcpip

27 October 2005 viasraid The device, \Device\Scsi\viasraid1, did not respond within the timeout period.

27 October 2005 EventSyste m The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\event s\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

X10 times since attempt fix

Cheers
    ME

Registered+
    Thanks
    Davey / Phil
    Can I install MSN Messenger, I have had my machine back for several months with no problems.
    If so what is the safest way to do this?
    Thanks
    Marc

MESH Computers Group
    Thanks
    Hi Marc E,

I'm surprised you've waited this long to be honest.

Click here to download.

Davey

Registered+
    Thanks
    Had baby boy 8 weeks ago so not had the time.
    Have just being using windows messenger.
    Until I had some time to ask, I did not want to proceed.
    Shall let you know if installation causes im problems
    Thanks

MESH Computers Group
    Thanks
    Hi Marc E,

One of the few Microsoft apps I doubt you'll have problems with but if you do, you know where to come.

Congratulations by the way.

Davey

Thread Information