HI all,

Another question relating to my spanky new XFX GeForce 6600GT!
Oh, let joy be unbridled.

This card, as you may know has two DVI outs. It comes with two DVI-to-VGA converters.
This is good, because it means I can plug my 17" Dell trinitron VDU in. And it works.

However, I have noticed that quite often when resolutions are changed, often in games when the intros, menu screens, and game itself operate at different resolutions, the VDU doesn't display correctly. The image is often too wide, and more oddly, the VDU's On Screen Display won't appear when you press the button on the monitor.

The only way to rectify this is to switch the monitor off and on, then it picks up the correct timing.

Is this because of attaching a VGA-DSUB'd monitor to DVI, and something that I just have to live with, or is it Windows picking the wrong display timing (using auto at the moment), or what...?

The monitor in question is a Dell P790 17" trinitron. I can't remember when I got it - must be at least 3 or maybe 4 years ago when I bought a Dell PIII 750 system (it "rawked"). Only the case and monitor remain...

As always, any help greatly appreciated.

Mut.