Thread: Biostar M7NCG 400 and K8NHA-M mATX boards

DR
    Thanks

Biostar M7NCG 400 and K8NHA-M mATX boards

I believe we've proved that it's a fallacy to state microATX boards cannot compete with full-blown desktop offerings in most respects. Manufacturers have become acutely aware that the form factor is an important criteria in the decision-making process of potential buyers. Couple up a mATX board housed in a small case, add in a TFT, stylish keyboard, mouse and multi-speaker set, and you'll soon have systems that the average consumer would like to own. The Small Form Factor systems have adequately shown that high specification machines need not be housed in antiquated cases.
    http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD02NTc=

Thanks
    It's a good input by saying "it's a fallacy to state microATX boards cannot compete with full-blown desktop offerings in most respects.". Totally agree with that....

Thanks
    QUOTE:
    "Biostar uses the Realtek ALC650 sound CODEC as a physical layer for sound output. It's a decent match for NVIDIA's 20-bit audio resolution ability, but it's not quite as nice as Realtek's newer ALC658 CODEC that's been seen on the ABIT AI7 Springdale, for example. 6-channel sound, albeit software-driven, isn't to be sniffed at. Biostar has opted not to take advantage of the digital S/PDIF transfer option, either by providing a working header on the PCB or compliant input / output jacks on the I/O panel, which is a shame."

" Biostar keeps a number of older ports here, including Parallel and two Serial. S/PDIF inputs or outputs are conspicuous by their absence."

I own this board. I have not yet utilized S/PDIF but the website here: http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdetails...odel=m7ncg+400

says that it DOES infact have S/PDIF. (header)I suppose this is a newer revision of the motherboard.

I am using Corsair XMS PC3200 low latency 2X256MB with a Tbred rev.b Athlon XP 2100+
    O/C using 10X200 with Geforce3. (unlocked lower multipliers with wire trick) Using the ddr400 has had no problems even though not supported. I haven't tried the ddr400 yet using the onboard video yet though. Good board for the money. No major problems. thanks Hexus.net for the review, it was very informative.
    Last edited by qquizz; 05-02-2004 at 06:12 PM.

Will work for beer... nichomach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • 1x250GB Maxtor SATAII, 1x 400GB Hitachi SATAII
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    There's nothing wrong with that approach if the price is keen, but what's the real point right now when the only available CPU costs in excess of £300 ?.
    Good review but it needs updating to reflect the fact that significantly cheaper A64s are now available - the 3000+ is listed at Komplett for £160, and that becomes a WAY more economical proposition

Team HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    Hehe,

One of the pitfalls of mentioning price. Amended.

Thanks
    I think most readers understand the fact that cpu prices fall on a monthy (if not weekly basis). However, a reader may not understand that new revisons of the board often have upgrades/changes as in my original post (above) concerning the S/PDIF

Thread Information