Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony Mess up again - Gran Turismo HD is "empty" game

Thanks

Sony Mess up again - Gran Turismo HD is "empty" game

wow Sony keep dropping the bomb!

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBattle
    Gran Turismo HD will be released in two versions, one with no cars or tracks (at all) and the other, called “premium” with 30 cars and two tracks. Then the point is to go online and buy additional cars through Sony’s online system. The price of cars will range from $0.43 to $0,80, while the price of tracks ranges from $1.71 to $4.26. There are approximately 750 cars and 50 tracks in the game. You do the math.
    Whoops!!

Hand up who wants a PS3??

Link
    Check my project <<| Black3D |>>
    Quote Originally Posted by hexah
    Games are developed by teams of talented people and sometimes electronic arts

Thanks
    LOL!!!!

well EA did the money stealing with bf2 lol

see if sony can trick a few people lol

Thanks
    Yeah EA starting taking money with FB2 - but to sell an EMPTY game??

In sum:

The PS3 is &#163;450 (at least?)
    It's no more powerful than the 360.
    The games are &#163;50+
    You can't get pre-owned games coz Sony won't let you.
    The games Sony will let you buy don't have any content, and you have to buy it online as an extra.
    It's not out until March 07

Struggling to find anything positive??

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kempez View Post
    Yeah EA starting taking money with FB2 - but to sell an EMPTY game??

In sum:

The PS3 is &#163;450 (at least?)
    It's no more powerful than the 360.
    The games are &#163;50+
    You can't get pre-owned games coz Sony won't let you.
    The games Sony will let you buy don't have any content, and you have to buy it online as an extra.
    It's not out until March 07

Struggling to find anything positive??
    You won't if you swallow all the fud that's flying around..

but let's try to sort the truth out from the fiction..

The PS3 is &#163;450 (at least?) - Nope it's &#163;425

It's no more powerful than the 360. - Unknown tbh, but given that the 360 is struggling with 720p on several games, initial pre-TGS reports claim that the ps3 is indeed running several titles at 1080p with no issues.

The games are &#163;50+ - Nope, same price as the 360 games I think you'll find..

You can't get pre-owned games coz Sony won't let you. - Again incorrect, based on a very old rumour which was entirely discounted

The games Sony will let you buy don't have any content, and you have to buy it online as an extra. - Incorrect, this is just one title, and the full facts still aren't known, and this is the developer's decision, NOT Sony's. It looks very likely that the base game might well be free, or a minimal fee, this is mainly a demonstrator for the new microtransactions system.

It's not out until March 07 - And?

Re GTHD - Latest reports are indicating that either both classic and premium will ship on the same disc, or that classic will be a free download with just the paid for content.
    Last edited by Stoo; 21-09-2006 at 10:50 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre
    It really isn't looking good for Sony....they have fallen a long way recently.

It wasn't too far ago that Sony equipment was some of the best you could buy, but over the years its become worse and worse yet they keep on charging a premium for it....

Now it seems they getting a little too big for their boots and could mess up their strongest product launch.........and all because they have gotten extremly greedy. Trying to maximise profit through paid content and making gamers pay to help them win the next-gen HD format war....

AFAIC, Sony can shove the PS3 and I have been a great supporter of PS1 and PS2.
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    Here we go, a bit more info:

Gran Turismo HD Set For Release
    Sony to release PS3 GT close to launch.
    by IGN Staff

September 20, 2006 - One of your first PS3 games may just be Gran Turismo! Famitsu reports that Sony Computer Entertainment will be releasing Gran Turismo HD to the PlayStation 3 for Japanese release in December. Polyphony Digital is now slaving away at the game under the watchful eye of producer Kazunoru Yamauchi, who shared some details on the game with the magazine.

Gran Turismo HD is split into two modes of play. In GTHD Premium, players get to sample a portion of Gran Turismo 5, with two brand new courses and 30 cars that fully make use of the PS3's capabilities.

This mode will offer arcade-style races, but it continues the spirit of the series by serving as a "pure driving simulator." Premium mode will not have any elements of the series Gran Turismo mode, where you earn new cars and courses by clearing events. All cars and courses will be available from the start.

Famitsu shows first screens from The Eiger Nordwand course. Assuming the shots are real time, we can look forward to a true test of the PS3's power. The other course is, according to Yamauchi, set in a natural setting. Polyphony is looking into adding weather changes to the courses in Premium mode, making it so that rain will stop midway through a race.

The magazine also has images of the Toyota Celica and Subaru Impreza rally car models from the Premium mode. The cars in GTHD Premium mode will be fully modeled not just on the outside, but on the inside as well.

The second mode of play is GTHD Classic, an online racing mode that's based off both the Gran Turismo HD demo from E3 and the PlayStation 2 beta test that Polyphony conducted a few months back in Japan. The development staff has fixed up the problems with the beta version and is even working on adding new elements.

In Classic mode, you start off with no cars or courses. New cars and courses are added via downloads. The game will offer over 750 cars and 50 courses.

SCE will be charging players for these downloads. While pricing hasn't been finalized, we can expect each car to cost between 50 and 100 yen (50 cents to 1 dollar). Polyhpony plans on adding more cars and courses on a weekly or monthly basis, with some cars available in limited quantities. Concerns over players using real money to trade vehicles may keep car trading functionality out, although Polyphony is currently looking into the matter.

Courses will cost between 200 and 500 yen. According to Yamauchi, the difference in cost is due to the amount of work that goes into the course. The Nuremburg course will likely cost more, Yamauchi noted.

Polyphony is looking into other types of downloads. Yamauchi mentioned the photo mode as a new mode of play that players might be able to download. The team is even looking into making new parts downloadable.

Premium mode will also offer download elements. Polyphony plans on making 30 cars downloadable via the PlayStation network platform. New courses will also become available in time. It's unclear if these will be available for free, or if we will have to fork over our yen.

Gran Turismo HD seems to be positioned somewhat like Gran Turimso 4 Prologue, a Japan-only release that offered a sampling of Gran Turismo 4 well before the final game's release. Polyphony is aiming to finish up work on the true Gran Turismo 5 in 2008. But prior to that, they wanted to both show a sampling of what Gran Turismo would look like running on new hardware, and build up a full network service in time for GT5. Premium mode takes care of the former, with the latter filled up by Classic.

SCE has not commented on a US release for the game, but Yamauchi did reveal to the magazine that we can expect an overseas release at around the same time as the Japanese version.
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/733/733728p1.html
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    So to sum up..

Both classic and premium are part of the same game.

This isn't a full release, it's more like the GT4 Prologue edition, so expect it at a reduced price.

The classic mode is online only, so if you don't want to pay for the cars and tracks, you don't have to, you've still got the offline mode to play with.

There is still more info to come, and bear in mind that famitsu is prone to translation glitches.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    OK

My main point above is that what has the PS3 actually GOT that we don't have already in abundance? Nothing

Stoo whilst your comments are much more accurate than my rumour mill stuff: do you actually think the PS3 is worth that much more than competitors, coupled with the fact it's like 2 years late? I certainly dont.

Sony have been asking for trouble with the PS3 - too many mistakes imo

I am no fanboy...of anything, but the PS3 is something I will not buy.

Never try, never fail!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoo View Post

It's no more powerful than the 360. - Unknown tbh, but given that the 360 is struggling with 720p on several games

thats due to sloppy programming though and generally on the games that are ports of other console games.

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU
    Quote Originally Posted by SmileyUK View Post
    thats due to sloppy programming though and generally on the games that are ports of other console games.
    Seems entirely probable - I'd be surprised if developers are leveraging all the processors currently and the '360 certainly doesn't lack in the graphics department as compared to the PS3. Not only that, but 1080p is a marketing checkbox considering how many TVs can actually even _display_ it right now (or in March for that matter). As for the claims on pricing for the PS3 - given that is doesn't yet _exist_ in the retail channel _any_ claims of exact pricing are pretty moot. The only certainty is that it's going to cost twice that of it's rivals and deliver much the same experience. The PS3 is coming - And?
    Last edited by dangel; 21-09-2006 at 12:01 PM.
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Thanks
    Yep agreed dangel. On paper the ATI GPU in the 360 is certainly powerful enough to rival the PS3 nVidia offering.

LoL @

Quote Originally Posted by dangel
    The PS3 is coming - And?
    Last edited by kempez; 21-09-2006 at 11:50 AM.

Thanks
    sorry to sound dumb, but does this mean that there is no actual Grand Turismuo mode?

Thanks
    • sawyen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Laptop motherboard
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 740QM
      • Memory:
      • 8192MB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 256GB SSD, 1TB WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD Mobility HD 5870
      • PSU:
      • MSI stuff
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64bit
      • Internet:
      • Virgin ADSL rubbish
    I guess we will never know how a product will perform until it hits the shelves and ppl start playing with it...

I think its unfair to judge a console's content by the press releases and speculations on its consumer acceptance.

You'd never know, perhaps ppl might think its crap now.. but when you pick up that controller, and start playing, we all might think otherwise. Sure its expensive, but everything has a bad start, PS never started to well IMO.. Not sure about the UK, but the Playstation was spit and poo'ed on everywhere around asia when Sony decided to take on Nintendo and Sega. Sony then also had hardware that raves about performance but cost double/triple what Nintendo offered (then the playstation cost S$1600 when launched.. and I recall a parent was asking, 'does it come with a TV?'). The only difference was that there were worse candidates available, such as the Panasonic 3DO and Neo Geo stuff..

I'm being purely phylosophical here.. I'll go back to my corner over there...
    Me want Ultrabook

Thanks
    I honestly can't understand why you would want to "announce" that news.

Personally I feel its the euivalent of MS/Bungie going:
    "Here we've got the Halo 3 Pre-release-cash-in-game - its got a few guns, but if you want to play on live, you have to pay for all the maps and guns individually"
    Tom Scott,
    Scancom.co.uk/HEXUS Liason

Thanks
    • arthurleung's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5E (Rampage Formula 0902)
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Quad Q9550 3.6Ghz 1.2V
      • Memory:
      • A-Data DDR2-800 2x2GB CL4
      • Storage:
      • 4x1TB WD1000FYPS @ RAID5 3Ware 9500S-8 / 3x 1TB Samsung Ecogreen F2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GeCube HD4870 512MB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair VX450
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Server 2008 Standard
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp 2709W + 2001FP
      • Internet:
      • Be*Unlimited 20Mbps
    I have a feeling they're just trying to reduce piracy? You can't pirate something that is not there. Its not built into the game and you can't pirate it
    Workstation 1: Intel i7 950 @ 3.8Ghz / X58 / 12GB DDR3-1600 / HD4870 512MB / Antec P180
    Workstation 2: Intel C2Q Q9550 @ 3.6Ghz / X38 / 4GB DDR2-800 / 8400GS 512MB / Open Air
    Workstation 3: Intel Xeon X3350 @ 3.2Ghz / P35 / 4GB DDR2-800 / HD4770 512MB / Shuttle SP35P2
    HTPC: AMD Athlon X4 620 @ 2.6Ghz / 780G / 4GB DDR2-1000 / Antec Mini P180 White
    Mobile Workstation: Intel C2D T8300 @ 2.4Ghz / GM965 / 3GB DDR2-667 / DELL Inspiron 1525 / 6+6+9 Cell Battery

Display (Monitor): DELL Ultrasharp 2709W + DELL Ultrasharp 2001FP
    Display (Projector): Epson TW-3500 1080p
    Speakers: Creative Megaworks THX550 5.1
    Headphones: Etymotic hf2 / Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro

Storage: 8x2TB Hitachi @ DELL PERC 6/i RAID6 / 13TB Non-RAID Across 12 HDDs
    Consoles: PS3 Slim 120GB / Xbox 360 Arcade 20GB / PS2

Thanks
    • sawyen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Laptop motherboard
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 740QM
      • Memory:
      • 8192MB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 256GB SSD, 1TB WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD Mobility HD 5870
      • PSU:
      • MSI stuff
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64bit
      • Internet:
      • Virgin ADSL rubbish
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurleung View Post
    I have a feeling they're just trying to reduce piracy? You can't pirate something that is not there. Its not built into the game and you can't pirate it
    Good example.. bravo..

I'll go back to that corner again now..
    Me want Ultrabook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information