Thread: fan controller

Mac's Just Work BroadbandPlacey's Avatar
    Thanks

fan controller

the next piece i want is a fan controller, and a temperature moniter for my cpu, ive got a budget of £20, doesnt matter if theyre in two seperate bays, must be silver, must be really easy to rig up to the fans (eg, no cutting of the end of wires) dont like the cheap sunbeam fan controller, wud also preferably like not to have to cut holes in case/bays so i wud like the temp moniter already in bay. such as this one atkustom i like this one but its only got two fan contollers in it, that doesnt matter but can i alter more than one fan of the same channel?

sorry to be fusy, but is there any one willing to take the challenge? if not plz answer the questions if you can?

cheers

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks
    Over the last few months I've reviewed a few fan controllers for HEXUS. Personally I would say my favourite is the Vantec NXP-305-SL. It's a 3 channel fan controller able to power upto 3 fan's in total and also comes with 2 x cold cathode's that are sound sensitive. I believe these retail for around £35. But when you think about it, it's not that bad due to the fact you are getting 2 superb cold cathodes. It looks pretty neat in a 3.5 inch drive bay too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that's too basic for you and you want an LCD screen, then how about the Cooler Master Aerogate 2. Capable of controller 4 fan's upto 18 watt's per channel. Which is pretty decent considering a standard 80mm LED fan only needs around 2 watts. The dial and LCD lets you view the RPM and temperature from the 4 thermal probe's that also come with the Aerogate 2. The down point with this item is it's around £40.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may wish to forget about the LCD screens and buy a seperate device to monitor temperatures, so you might like to consider the Cooler Master Aerogate 1. A 4 channel controller that has the ability to change the colour of the backlight. Either Red, Green or Blue.

If you still prefer to have the LCD screen and fan controller then you may also wish to look at the Vantec NEXUS NXP-101. This controller is getting on a bit now, and in my opinion far better controllers available. It doe's however meet your price bracket.

http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...lld19JRD01MDI=

*Disclaimer* - The contents of this message are not necessarily my own opinions,thoughts or views... they may belong to the voices in my head!

Registered+
    Thanks
    how many watts does each channel on the NXP-305-SL support?

Doh, sorry found it it's 18w
    I shoot things with a Canon

Thanks
    cheers gotta go and think bout it now

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks
    Originally posted by smashie
    how many watts does each channel on the NXP-305-SL support?

Doh, sorry found it it's 18w

Correct

*Disclaimer* - The contents of this message are not necessarily my own opinions,thoughts or views... they may belong to the voices in my head!

Thanks
    • da_ging's system
      • CPU:
      • E5200 @ 3.75Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB kingston HyperX 8500
      • Storage:
      • 2*WD640gb in Raid 0 +500gb 32mb seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG GTX 260 Maxcore OC2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650w TX
      • Case:
      • Stacker 831 black
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" fujitsu 3230t LCD 1920*1080
      • Internet:
      • 8mb
    why dont u like the sunbeam 1??

i have the black 1 and its topnotch ,one of only a few that goes from 0-12 volts ,it also supports 20w per channel

Thanks
    becuase it looks like a bag of bolts. look where the leds are, shoody and cheap.

Thread Information